Cabin daytime mode?

MargaritaPlease

Our family of four just got off Valor's 2/14 sailing - our first Carnival cruise. On all of our previous cruises, our cabin would be serviced each morning and the couch would be turned back into a couch, the upper folded/raised, the bedspread raised, and so on - such that the cabin would be more like a living room in this "daytime mode". And then during dinner, the cabin would be turned back to "sleep mode".

On this trip, the couch, the upper, and the main beds were always in "sleep mode". Is that typical for Carnival??

Have never been on a cruise were the cabin was not serviced twice a day as you described. In the morning the cabin was straighten out and put into "daytime mode". In the evening the cabin was prepared for night by turning down the bed etc.

I believe that is the typical routine unless someone would ask the cabin steward to do it otherwise.

I cruised once with my son in an upper. The steward folded it up during the day.

Another cruise my mom slept on the bed/sofa. The steward left it as a bed every day.

Worked out well both times.

If you would have asked, the steward would have arranged it to your liking.

My experience is that the cabin stewards will indeed configure the cabin in the 'daytime mode' (I love that phrase of yours!).

I did, one time, have an absoblutely terrible cabin steward that didn't change things during the day. Well, there was a lot actually that he didn't do. I, for the first time, changed his auto-tipping. BUT...I gave part of what would have been his tip to the Lido deck staff.

My experience is that the cabin stewards will indeed configure the cabin in the 'daytime mode' (I love that phrase of yours!).

I did, one time, have an absoblutely terrible cabin steward that didn't change things during the day. Well, there was a lot actually that he didn't do. I, for the first time, changed his auto-tipping. BUT...I gave part of what would have been his tip to the Lido deck staff.

Did you complain to the manager of housekeeping..or at the very least, the front desk? I've found that if any staff doesn't do something to my liking, or after my request, a stop at the front desk usually fixes the issue for the rest of the cruise.

I had a very very lazy old steward on conquest. He left the convertible sofa as a bed all the time, but did put the pillows back on the back. He didnt even get my sister a 2nd pillow when he made up the bed, took us until the next day to get one, and she broke her should the first morning, which he knew. Only 3 hangers for 2 of us and that took until the next day.

Id say its kinda typical. Iv had good and bad cabin stewards. We also didnt get our turn down 3 nights and housekeeping one morning and yep I finally went to complain when talking to him directly didnt seem to register. He said later how would he know I didnt just mean that night, that I meant I wanted the beds turned down by 10:30 pm at night, we ate early? tons of excuses no matter what I asked from him.

My cabin has always been made up during the day and turn down service at night. Twice we had a 3rd for the sofa bed. It stayed made as a bed during the day, turned down at night, but that was never a problem for us.

How old were the other two people in the cabin?

I find that cabins with kids the steward tends to keep the beds for down time and naps.

The first cruise we went on with the kids, the room steward converted the room the first day, but after we asked him to leave it for naps,

He would move the ladder on to the upper, and fold it one time - so one could sit on the sofa without hitting your head, but in 2 seconds, could have it ready for nap time too.

The sofa, he put the back pillow on top of the sheets, so you had a back rest, and could use the sofa, but could be put under the king bed (this is where it is generally store during night mode).

Since then, we've always explained this arrangement to our steward on day 1, and they are MORE than happy to do this for us. (Though many times by 1:30 they have already done the conversion - so it goes into effect for day 2 and beyond.

You can have the cabin steward return your cabin to daytime mode. They have no problem with that.....

There is no "typical" about it at all.......some folks like the beds down, some don't.[/quote

Yea,,Your back I was really starting to worrie that some thing was wrong

with you. Haven't seen you post.

Glad your back:)

Archived