Prepaid Credit Card: RCCL´s response

Hi!

I searched here about prepaid credit cards for onboard accounts and found different responses. Still confused I decided to email RCCL and this was their response. I emailed asking if a prepaid Master Card with my name would be accepted. Their response came within just a few hours...was quite surprised how quickly!

Here you go....

"Thank you for your email.

All Royal Caribbean International ships operate on a "cashless" system, meaning your boarding card, also known as your SeaPass card, will be used as a charge card to make all onboard purchases. To activate this SeaPass account, most guests provide a credit card (American Express, Master Card, Visa or Discover) to charge purchases to at the end of their cruise. Additionally, the SeaPass system may be activated with traveler's checks, debit cards or cash. A running tab of all your purchases will be kept under separate folio numbers for each guest and an itemized statement will be left in your stateroom the night before disembarkation. If you provided a credit card and there are no discrepancies, the amount will be charged to your account on the morning of disembarkation.

Your prepaid MasterCard will be accepted to cover your onboard account."

What do you think?

Karen

I am not surprised.....They always provide a quick response to any questions.....I think they have very good customer service....RCI wants you to be able to pay your account and that is why they provide many options..Enjoy your cruise!!:)

Hi!

Your prepaid MasterCard will be accepted to cover your onboard account."

What do you think?

Karen

Hi back....

What do I think? Get a prepaid "MasterCard" to cover your onboard expenses. Not Visa, not America Express but a Master Card.

Archived