? about epilators

Bettyboop66

I've tried doing a search but I am having a hard time finding the answers I'm looking for. I've been reading some good things about the new Braun epilator, I don't remember the exact name Silk something, I was wondering if anyone has used this, and what they thought of it. I have also seen one mentioned that was called Emjoi Emagine. My leg hair is really dark and pretty course, I really need to shave my legs everyday if I want them to stay smooth. I live in a small town so going to a good salon for waxing isn't an option. I get my eyebrows waxed, but wouldn't want to do my legs here. I know that it's gonna hurt, but I think I can handle it. I've also read that it gets easier the more you use it. I always find the info I'm looking for on CC so I knew this was the place to go for some answers. Thanks for the help.

I have not used either of the two epilators you mentioned. I have a Norelco Satinelle.

I use it for my legs and underarms. The first time (for me) was very painful but it does get better! I think because your hair grows back at different times, you have less hair so each time isn't that bad.

One thing I do like about the epilator is that you never have the hairy leg look like you would if you miss a shaving.

The thing I dislike the most is the ingrown hairs. I get quite alot and they have raised bumps which I find annoying. I try to exfoliate alot so that I do not get them but still do. I have tried using Tend products which seems to help some but I need to be more consistent.

I'm not surprised about the ingrown hairs, it's caused by shaving too close or in your case, hair pulled out below the skin, the skin heals over the follicle.

I have the Emjoi epilator and have used it a couple of times, but find it really hurts too much. I think I'm a bit of a wuss about the whole thing.

I use the Braun silk epil. No problems. As long as you have had your legs waxed before and can take that, you will be fine. After the first time, like a previous poster mentioned, your hair grows in at different rates so you will never have a full leg of hair again. Just sparse hairs with the regrowth. To me, it really barely hurts at all any more. I love it and would never go back to shaving of the expense of waxing. Hope I have helped.

Shawn

I have an epilator, a Braun, not the new one, but one that was out before, don't remember which one exactly. I like it, but I can't use it for my bikini line, I tried it once and couldn't do it again. On my lower legs, it doesn't hurt so bad, it's a tolerable pain on my thighs, and no way am I getting near my bikini line with that thing.

I have an epilator, a Braun, not the new one, but one that was out before, don't remember which one exactly. I like it, but I can't use it for my bikini line, I tried it once and couldn't do it again. On my lower legs, it doesn't hurt so bad, it's a tolerable pain on my thighs, and no way am I getting near my bikini line with that thing.

Yeah, I tried that ONE time and last time! Just too much for me.:eek:

Don't you have to let the hair grow to a certain length before you can use it? I couldn't stand to have "stubble" while waiting for it to get to a "removable" length.

I have found that as long as the hair is just above the skin, I can get it with the epilator. I really don't notice a problem with stubble unless I just don't take time to use the epilator.

They're all painful to use because they are all doing the same thing, PULLING out the hair by the root. I had an epi-lady about 20 years ago when they first came out as did my mom and sisters. We all got rid of them and said the same thing-it hurt!

Archived