RC Mariner vs. Carnival Splendor

toezinthesand

We did Mariner and we liked her very much. The ship is beautiful, great design with plenty to do. Our only negative was the food, which we found to be not very good. CCL's food is way better IMHO. Other than that, I'd recommend her any day.

I didnt do RCL this past spring, didnt get my price and did a land vacation, so its been over a year since Iv been on RCL. I wonder if their food went downhill and is that bad?

I've been on several RCCL and CCL ships including the Mariner and the Splendor. Why not try the Mariner just for the variety and then deceide for yourself which you like best.

Personally, I am a CCL fan, but I just did a TA on the Navigator and loved it because of the experience.

Somewhere I read on this thread about RCCL having outdoor activites at night?:confused: I do not recall this on any of my 7 RCCL cruises.

I sailed on the Mariner before she went to the west coast (:() and think you made a good decision. The ship itself is gorgeous and you certainly DO feel like you are on a ship. Everything about the Mariner is grand...from the dining room to the atriums to the theater. And I agree with previous posts: DON'T miss the ice skating show!

I'm sure you won't regret trying RCCL out!

Didn't I read that RCCL is pulling out of California completely?

If so, I would have recommended the RCCL so they could cruise it while it was convenient. The Splendor will probably be there for awhile.

Warmwaters, Im so glad to hear such good things about Mariner as there has been so much negative on these boards. I have Mariner booked Feb 12, 2012 .. a long time to wait for her to come to galveston.

Didn't I read that RCCL is pulling out of California completely?

If so, I would have recommended the RCCL so they could cruise it while it was convenient. The Splendor will probably be there for awhile.

Yep, I think I mentioned that a few posts ago. I am looking foward to trying a new ship. Iv heard she is really beautiful and really looking foward to having her out of Galveston. ... but she wouldnt be here until the end of Nov 2011 :(

Archived