Equinox/Solstice class vs. Constellation

TorontoSailor

I recently returned from a fabulous first cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox in the Caribbean. Everything was fantastic: food, service, public areas, you name it. Five plus, all the way! A great time on a great ship owned by a great line.

Next winter, I would like to try a longer cruise on a different intinerary. There is nothing really that appeals to me on any of the Solstice-class ships, either in terms of cruise duration or ports of call. So I have put a deposit on a 14-day southern Caribbean cruise on the Constellation.

I have a couple of questions for experienced Celebrity cruisers:

How, after the Equniox, am I likely to find the Constellation?

Will this be just as enjoyable as a second cruise?

Will the food and service be as good--and up to the amazing Celebrity standards I encountered on the Equinox? How about the decor? (I know the Constellation is being refurbished in April.)

OR have I been spoiled by the Equinox and likely to find the Constellation simply doesn't stack up?

I am quite open to trying one of the M-class ships. Some crew members told me that I might actually enjoy it even more, as it is a more intimate ship, with even greater crew-pax interaction.

What is most important to me is that it is comfortable and relaxing, with good food and good service. If the Constellation can deliver that, I will likely be happy. I sure liked this first experience.

Thanks for your input.

We are experienced cruisers-elite on Celebrity and diamond on Royal et al. We cruised a ten nighter on the Equinox in AQ; and, we loved it. In addition to our Princess and Royal cruises this year, we will cruise the Constellation in CC-1, for fourteen nights in December. Addtiionally, we will also cruise the Equinox in April of 2011. Our December cruise was the best of our cruises over about 11 years (about 25 in all), but I can assure you that you will not be displeased with the Constellation. AS you know, this ship is being refurbished in April, probably somewhat along with the lines of the S class. We were thrilled with the Blu, both for breakfast and dinner.

By the way, your best bet for the Constellation is CC-1, or higher.

after loving the S class i have wondered thes ame thing. I tried Century and ther was not enough to do for me.. but I am thinkiing the Connie will be a mini S class ship with more traditional decor.

By the way, what was your room category? If you were AQ, I would doubt that the Constellation would match the cusisine which you enjoyed, but it will be close. Addtiionally, if you book CC-1, on the Constellation you will probably enjoy a much larger balcony, although the bathroom might be not as appealling, but who knows due to the April drydock.

Thanks jackdiamond for your input. O really value it.

I was in Concierge class on the Equinox. I found the food in the MDR well exceeded expectations. The specialty restaurants (and I tried them all) were very good: Murano was my personal fave, although Silk Harvest was also a strong second. The buffet, was, well, the buffet. What can you say? It was fresh and most of it was pretty tasty. Breakfast was much better than lunch, though. I am not too big on room service, aside from continental.

I booked a deluxe oceanview with veranda (2A) on the Connie, as I did not personally think Concierge Class was worth the extra money on the Equinox. But maybe on this other ship it would be worth it for the ehanced space that you get with it. I should double check the pricing. How much more do you think it would be worth, as apposed to a deluxe oceanview with veranda?

We sailed on Equinox this January and loved it; but my heart still belongs to Connie. The Constellation is still my favorite ship. Three reasons: Perry Grant, the thalassotherapy pool and the Rendezvous Lounge. I wish we could book Connie for next year but my husband can't take off 2 full weeks in the winter- so it's the Equinox again for us- even without Perry it's a close second.

By the way, what was your room category? If you were AQ, I would doubt that the Constellation would match the cusisine which you enjoyed, but it will be close. Addtiionally, if you book CC-1, on the Constellation you will probably enjoy a much larger balcony, although the bathroom might be not as appealling, but who knows due to the April drydock.

i was in AQ for 35 days between 2 ships.. i personally do ont like blu. i ate in the mDR and in all 3 speciality restaurants, buffet and Bistro for dinner.

i have an SS booked on the M class on 2 ships.

As far as food goes I hardly eat the mains but fill up on apps.

We just returned from a two month B2B2B on Equinox, Solstice and Constellation.

Those 14 day Connie cruises are fantastic. We are booking Connie rather than Solstice class for our Caribbean cruises. Solstice class ships are beautiful but life on Constellation is preferable for us.

Wow. This is really sounding good. Anyone else care to weigh in?

What specifically was it about life aboard the Connie that made it preferable to Solstice class for you? (And, yes, a 14-day sounds really really good to me.)

Is there anyone out there who used to like M-class but now will only consider S-class?

We just returned from a two month B2B2B on Equinox, Solstice and Constellation.

Those 14 day Connie cruises are fantastic. We are booking Connie rather than Solstice class for our Caribbean cruises. Solstice class ships are beautiful but life on Constellation is preferable for us.

Arno

welcome back to the real world and frozen north. I know you love the Connie but will you still love it when it has all the S class extras.

maybe you will be on her when i am next winter.

I recently returned from a fabulous first cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox in the Caribbean. Everything was fantastic: food, service, public areas, you name it. Five plus, all the way! A great time on a great ship owned by a great line.

Next winter, I would like to try a longer cruise on a different intinerary. There is nothing really that appeals to me on any of the Solstice-class ships, either in terms of cruise duration or ports of call. So I have put a deposit on a 14-day southern Caribbean cruise on the Constellation.

I have a couple of questions for experienced Celebrity cruisers:

How, after the Equniox, am I likely to find the Constellation?

Will this be just as enjoyable as a second cruise?

Will the food and service be as good--and up to the amazing Celebrity standards I encountered on the Equinox? How about the decor? (I know the Constellation is being refurbished in April.)

OR have I been spoiled by the Equinox and likely to find the Constellation simply doesn't stack up?

I am quite open to trying one of the M-class ships. Some crew members told me that I might actually enjoy it even more, as it is a more intimate ship, with even greater crew-pax interaction.

What is most important to me is that it is comfortable and relaxing, with good food and good service. If the Constellation can deliver that, I will likely be happy. I sure liked this first experience.

Thanks for your input.

Here is a link to what is being done on the Connie during its drydock.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=00004UGi956ZE03rnEMay78rUnA:12hdbcuh7?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2010-01-08&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Arno

welcome back to the real world and frozen north. I know you love the Connie but will you still love it when it has all the S class extras.

maybe you will be on her when i am next winter.

How can the Constellation have all the S-Class "extras" if the S - class doesn't have the thallostherapy pool. Perhaps the S-class is missing the included complimentary extras of M -Class?

I remember my husband's bridge every afternoon, sunbathing on what is now "lawn area", a good lecture series, and every afternoon at the thallasotherapy pool on Millie and Summit.

I wonder how the S class ships can measure up for the money.... We'll see in April and May on b2b Equinox.

-Maris

They are all wonderful ships. The Connie has some nice features the S-class doesn't and vice versa. I like the stateroom layout on the Connie more. BTW - the CC rooms on the Connie are larger than the standard Veranda rooms unlike the S-Class where they are all the same. I also like the martini lounge and the rendezvous lounge on the Connie. On the S- Class I like the bar outside the specialty restaurants. The list can go on and on but you get the idea. Of course the M-class ships are 7 to 10 years old while the S-Class are brand new and have that brand new feeling as well as a few newer design concepts. The M-class ships will show a little wear just like an older 4 or 5 star hotel will show more age than one that was built a few months ago - that bothers some people but not me. The upcoming renovation might erase many of those signs of wear but some will persist.

Frankly if the identical itinerary were offered on each ship we'd probably sail the S-class a little more often than we are now. But, we've booked our next three cruises based on the itinerary and haven't hesitated to book one on the Century and two on the M-class including one on the 14 day Constellation itinerary in March 2011.

• 4 weeks later...
We are experienced cruisers-elite on Celebrity and diamond on Royal et al. We cruised a ten nighter on the Equinox in AQ; and, we loved it. In addition to our Princess and Royal cruises this year, we will cruise the Constellation in CC-1, for fourteen nights in December. Addtiionally, we will also cruise the Equinox in April of 2011. Our December cruise was the best of our cruises over about 11 years (about 25 in all), but I can assure you that you will not be displeased with the Constellation. AS you know, this ship is being refurbished in April, probably somewhat along with the lines of the S class. We were thrilled with the Blu, both for breakfast and dinner.

By the way, your best bet for the Constellation is CC-1, or higher.

Is this April 2010? Any idea what the refurbishing will be? How long?

Great coments; thanks; was trying to decide between Constellation and Equinox.

Is this April 2010? Any idea what the refurbishing will be? How long?

Great coments; thanks; was trying to decide between Constellation and Equinox.

Check out the link in post 11, it details the refurb.

Archived