Carib Princess...Charlotte Amal or Crown dock

4canucks

Trying to plan a St. John's day on our own.

which dock will we use in St. Thomas for the Carib Princess?

Thankx

As Colo says, usually Crown Bay, but sometimes it changes at the very last minute. Until you arrive, you can't be 100% sure.

If you will be in St. Thomas on a Tuesday and the Oasis of the Seas is also due to call, it will most definitely be Crown Bay since the OAS can only fit at Haversight.

MARAPRINCE

OH...I thought that it was the other way around....the OAS can only fit at Crown Bay

Yes, Oasis will be at Crown Bay. We were in St. Thomas last week on the Ruby and we were at Haversight. They (incorrectly) said it was because the Oasis was in town. The true reason was that the Emerald was there.

But you get my point. If Oasis is in town, then you will be at Haversight.

There is a St. Thomas website that lists the piers and which ships are docked there are certain dates. I just checked and March is not available yet. I did check back to Monday, Feb 22 and there were only 3 ships in St. Thomas. Two Princess ships and one Carnival ship. I checked Oasis and she is in St. Thomas on Tuesday, not Monday. If you google St. Thomas you should find the website that I am not allowed to post.

By the way, we were on the Crown last year and were docked at Crown Bay. We went to St. John and I don't think it seemed longer than the trip from the other pier.

Princess/Carnival Corp. have signed an agreement with the local government to dock at Crown Bay. Royal Caribbean has not.

If there are too many ships scheduled on the same day, one of them will be anchored and not docked at either Crown Bay or Havensight.

MARAPRINCE

Trying to plan a St. John's day on our own.

which dock will we use in St. Thomas for the Carib Princess?

Thankx

The first week of Feb 10 we used Crown Bay for the CB, There were two ships At Havensight already anyhow.

Princess/Carnival Corp. have signed an agreement with the local government to dock at Crown Bay. Royal Caribbean has not.

If there are too many ships scheduled on the same day, one of them will be anchored and not docked at either Crown Bay or Havensight.

MARAPRINCE

Then why are there RCI ship names painted on the pier at Crown Bay?

The Virgin Islands' website now has all of March listed. The CB will be in port on March 15 with three other ships. Those three ships are listed for Havensight, whereas the CB is listed for Crown Bay. But of course - things do change!!:eek:

Can you buy cheap liquor and cigarettes at Crown Bay like at Havensite? Is there a supermarket in walking distance?

There are sister stores to some at Havensight, there is a Pueblo supermarket down the road from the pier. Probably 10 min walk.

Archived