Upgrade Fairy Lives.........

AuntieBarb

So yesterday we received the infamous call from the Upgrade Fairy; 4th time of record.

I was polite and thanked her for considering us, but sent her packing. LOL The best she was offering was a mini-suite; port side. We've got an aft BA for two.

Ha! That's the best you can do? No thank you! :D

Good for you I would have done the same. We have an aft BA on our up coming Epic cruise.
Us too! We had a larger balcony and switched for a bit less money to a smaller room, but with an aft balcony. Looking forward to it.

So yesterday we received the infamous call from the Upgrade Fairy; 4th time of record.

I was polite and thanked her for considering us, but sent her packing. LOL The best she was offering was a mini-suite; port side. We've got an aft BA for two.

That stinks.....don't blame you for turning it down. I bet your heart was racing when you first heard it was the Upgrade Fairy calling..and then to be offered a minisuite???

Pfft! :rolleyes:

Oh well, you do have a great cabin.

I hope you guys have a great time. We wish you and Paulie a safe journey and a perfect cruise!! :) {{{{{hugs}}}

That stinks.....don't blame you for turning it down. I bet your heart was racing when you first heard it was the Upgrade Fairy calling..and then to be offered a minisuite???

Pfft! :rolleyes:

Oh well, you do have a great cabin.

I hope you guys have a great time. We wish you and Paulie a safe journey and a perfect cruise!! :) {{{{{hugs}}}

Thanks a bunch, Angel! ;)

Actually our son answered the phone, comes out to my office and just hands me the phone without saying a thing. So I put the phone to my ear and it sounds like I'm listening to a recording. Then I realized who it was and that it wasn't any recording after all! ROFL :D Pretty comical at the time.

What is even more ironic is that they have called my cell phone in the past and I've missed their call because my cell phone was turned off. Since then, I never turn off my cell phone before a cruise. Good to know they got it right this time, but geesh!

YOU GO GIRL!!! wonderful choice!!!

PS have a safe trip!!!!!!

Do you mean the Upsell Fairy? Or do you really mean upgrade, as in free?

"Upgrade Fairy" is being used generically. :D I cut her off too quickly to know if there was a deal being offered or a free upgrade. Generally we've been offered upsells.

Sounds like you still have the better deal! If you remember DH (and his toga...) and I from bermuda a couple years back, we're finally cruising again after a hiatus from traveling. Hope you guys are doing well and enjoy your trip! It sounds fabulous!

-Gigi

How far in advance does the Upgrade Fairy usually visit? My cruise isn't for another 46 days but I know my TA mentioned there may be some upgrades available as the time gets closer. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Don't wait for them to call you, you call them. Being proactive can't hurt as long as you call within two to three weeks of sailing and ask politely.

Don't wait for them to call you, you call them. Being proactive can't hurt as long as you call within two to three weeks of sailing and ask politely.

Anyone can call for an upgrade. However the "upsell" department greatly frowns upon incoming requests. Offering these bargains is on a "We'll call you" basis.

Sounds like you still have the better deal! If you remember DH (and his toga...) and I from bermuda a couple years back, we're finally cruising again after a hiatus from traveling. Hope you guys are doing well and enjoy your trip! It sounds fabulous!

-Gigi

Hey there, Gigi! Nice to see you! Great to hear you are cruising again too.

Thanks for the reminder. Now wouldn't it be appropriate for us to "dress like the Romans do" on the Med cruise? :D

Anyone can call for an upgrade. However the "upsell" department greatly frowns upon incoming requests. Offering these bargains is on a "We'll call you" basis.

Just curious... did you or can you ask if there are any other options available like a full suite, courtyard or garden villa? lol :D

Just curious... did you or can you ask if there are any other options available like a full suite, courtyard or garden villa? lol :D

When they are placing their calls, they already know what inventory is available and who they'll be calling and more than one rep is making those calls. So if they had a suite to offer me as an upsell, they would have mentioned it.

It's not impossible to perceive though. One cruise, we had booked an inside Cat H for our family of 4 to save some money. The "Upsell" fairy called and gave us an AB suite for a total upsell of $800. :D

There are plenty of exceptions to your statement posted on this board. People have called and have received upsells. I guess if you want to wait for the call while the rest of us are calling, that's just fine with me. But please don't give false information to folks reading this post - some of the newbies might believe you.

There are plenty of exceptions to your statement posted on this board. People have called and have received upsells. I guess if you want to wait for the call while the rest of us are calling, that's just fine with me. But please don't give false information to folks reading this post - some of the newbies might believe you.

Barb and you are both right! You are right in that there are plenty of exceptions to what she posted. But, she is also right that there have been plenty of times that NCL cuts us off from calling them for an upsell. So, it's been both ways.

Simply put, if you call everyday and they are very busy, you become a negative factor quickly. On the other hand if you call once and they aren't very busy, they will deal. The upsell/upgrade dept. is so small many have complained about being upgraded and separated from other adjoining cabins without their knowledge. Then there are those who won't let a good thing lie, having been given an upsell/upgrade they want another one for the same cruise...

Hey Auntie B and Uncle P... I hope you guys have a FANTASTIC cruise. I am a bit green with envy. That sounds like such a wonderful cruise. Can't wait for you to come back here and tell us all about it.

Oh.. and I would have done the same thing on the upgrade fairy. I wouldn't have given up my Aft BA for a port mini.

Be safe and have a GREAT time.

So you are saying that plenty of people have posted here on CC that they called and got upgraded to a better stateroom at 50 to 60% off of the current price difference? Not doubting you, but in the three or four years I have been a reader of CC I may can think of two or three postings here on the NCL boards and the ones I thinking of did not get the deep discounts you get when the upsell fairy calls the pax. Can you post a link to the postings of these exceptions? I would love to have that info in my pocket to use to them as examples when we call to upgrade and they say we can upgrade, but at the current price difference.

In my experience, and I am only speaking of my experience, I am NOT giving false information, thank you very much. I've also had PCC confirm this. Perhaps those stating so got an upgrade during a sale; aka a good deal. But IMO they were not the upsells of which I speak. :p

Archived