Transportation Long Beach to San Pedro Pier

vator90

Due to San Pedro prices on Priceline being well over the $100.00 mark for our June cruise, we are thinking of staying in Long Beach instead. The only thing I need to work out logistically is transportation for embarkation day from Long Beach to the San Pedro pier. Four people, at least five bags ( yea, Southwest!!). Thanks

Due to San Pedro prices on Priceline being well over the $100.00 mark for our June cruise, we are thinking of staying in Long Beach instead. The only thing I need to work out logistically is transportation for embarkation day from Long Beach to the San Pedro pier. Four people, at least five bags ( yea, Southwest!!). Thanks

It will cost more than staying in San Pedro by the time you add in a van or taxi from Long Beach to the port.

False economy!!! And, you don't want to stay in a cheap hotel in Long Beach.

People have posted that they have got the four star Westin or Hyatt Regency in downtown Long Beach off priceline for $75. A private transfer using supershuttle is $46 (plus tip). The cab ride shouldn't be more than $30. Of course, if you are staying near the Long Beach airport the cab fare would be much more.

Here are taxi cab rates some one else posted:

The Jan 2010 "Destinations" magazine in my hotel room in San Pedro showed the following flat rate taxi fares from the Long Beach airport:

$23 - most downtown LB hotels & LB Convention Center

$30 - Queen Mary Hotel / Hotel Maya / Carnival Cruise Terminal

$37 - Knotts Berry Farm

$45 - Disneyland / Anaheim Convention Center

$45 - San Pedro Cruise Terminal

$55 - South Coast Plaza

$60 - LAX / John Wayne airport

$72 - Downtown Los Angeles

Edited by PatriciaF

You are going to need two cabs at about $25 each cab plus tip.

I got the Long Beach Westin for $55, 1st bid, so start low.

I also think there is going to be more to do and see, than there is in San Pedro. Cab will cost a bit, but maybe they can send a van?

Good luck.

J9

I just wanted to sat thanks to all who have replied. I think this is going to become more commonplace with only 2 hotels in San Pedro that most people try to get on Priceline. And I won't bid for anything less than a 3.5* because of past lessons learned.

Greetings! I wanted to let you know that my hubby and I stayed at the Hilton in Long Beach. The Hotel was 3 1/2 star and was pretty nice. I placed a bid for $54.00 (that is what some other c/c were bidding) and I received this Hotel (which is what I wanted). There is also a Westin not too far from there. It really depends on what you want to do the day before. It cost approx. $25.00 for a taxi to the R/C dock which is located in San Pedro. You may check into getting a van (taxi) The money we saved on the Hotel made up for the taxi. I orginally booked a room at the Hilton for approx $150 so I was very pleased about getting it for $54.00.

I hope it works out for you! :D

I called the cab co. in Long Beach and they said the price from Hyatt Regency Hotel in Long Beach to the San Pedro terminal is 21-23 dollars and the price is the same if you need a van. They said it would take about 12 minutes to get to the terminal.

I called the cab co. in Long Beach and they said the price from Hyatt Regency Hotel in Long Beach to the San Pedro terminal is 21-23 dollars and the price is the same if you need a van. They said it would take about 12 minutes to get to the terminal.

Hi, I went this route also. I just got the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach for $55 after my priceline bid forSan Pedro 3 1/2 stars for $80 was turned down. With the cost of the cab to the ship in San Pedro, I figure I come out even. I stayed at the Westin in Long Beach a few years ago and had fun exploring the neighborhood for the day. We even found a Walmart around there for those minor items we didn't pack.

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can tell me how long it will take to get from Long Beach, say the Westin Hotel, to the cruise terminal in San Pedro by cab? This is on a Saturday morning.

I saw the 10-12 minute estimate by the taxi company, but that seems a bit optimistic. It took us that long to get from the San Pedro Crown Plaza to curbside at the pier last year.

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can tell me how long it will take to get from Long Beach, say the Westin Hotel, to the cruise terminal in San Pedro by cab? This is on a Saturday morning.

I saw the 10-12 minute estimate by the taxi company, but that seems a bit optimistic. It took us that long to get from the San Pedro Crown Plaza to curbside at the pier last year.

That's about right, unless you get 'fast Edy', in which case he'll do it on 8 minutes.:D It really isn't all that far.

• 4 years later...

Thought of your post today when I saw a cab at the post office.

The driver said is a flat rate of $25 from downtown Long Beach (and that would include the Queen Mary, Hotel Maya, and the Residence Inn in that area) to the cruise center in San Pedro.

If the destination is San Pedro, but not the cruise center, then the meter will be running.

Thought of your post today when I saw a cab at the post office.

The driver said is a flat rate of $25 from downtown Long Beach (and that would include the Queen Mary, Hotel Maya, and the Residence Inn in that area) to the cruise center in San Pedro.

If the destination is San Pedro, but not the cruise center, then the meter will be running.

Thank You Patricia F :)

Our plans changed because a friend who lives in Lakewood

offered to pick us up at the airport and transport us to our

hotel in San Pedro.

Aren't friends and Cruise-Critics members GREAT ???