Unique Photos

PineappleGal

I haven't yet, but I did just enter 20 photos in a DAN contest. Here are three of my favorites:

danlvs6.jpg

danlvs7.jpg

danlvs10.jpg

Laurie, these pictures are amazingly beautiful too - WOW!!! I know when you originally posted the first picture, you mentioned it was in St. Lucia. Where at in St. Lucia were you snorkeling or scuba diving?

Laurie, these pictures are amazingly beautiful too - WOW!!! I know when you originally posted the first picture, you mentioned it was in St. Lucia. Where at in St. Lucia were you snorkeling or scuba diving?

We were diving at the base of the Pitons, at Superman's Flight. The St. Lucia pictures are from about 70 feet deep, and the turtle in Barbados was at about 50 feet deep.

Couple of questions.

1. What kind of camera did you use?

2. Are you shooting in RAW and using post processing software, if so, what software?

It's a Canon G-12 set in macro mode with just the camera flash with a diffuser. I have a strobe but it's too hard to take on a cruise with all the other luggage. It's the first time I've used the macro mode and I love the results. I took an underwater digital class last year and my instructor had won numerous awards. His pictures were awesome! I asked him what camera he used and it was the G-11, which isn't available anymore, so I bought the G-12. I figured if it was good enough for him, it would be great for me. It's a great land camera, too.

I'm shooting as a jpeg and then I use Photoshop to do the color correction, sharpening, and levels. Other than using the automatic corrections in Photoshop, I didn't do any manipulations of the photos.

I haven't yet, but I did just enter 20 photos in a DAN contest. Here are three of my favorites:

If you post them, let us know. I'd love to see them all. Best I've seen on cruisecritic :)

I made a coffee table book (from Panraven.com) with my trip photos from last year.... and its been a big hit with my friends and family. I really liked it, because I never know how to best display all my JPEG pictures when I get home. Making my own book turned out to be a great solution.

book022.jpg

book21-1.jpg

Edited by markstudy

If you post them, let us know. I'd love to see them all. Best I've seen on cruisecritic :)

I made a coffee table book (from Panraven.com) with my trip photos from last year.... and its been a big hit with my friends and family. I really liked it, because I never know how to best display all my JPEG pictures when I get home. Making my own book turned out to be a great solution.

book022.jpg

book21-1.jpg

Thanks, I sure do appreciate that! I'll eventually get them up on my website along with some others I have. I'll have to look into doing a book like that, I like it!