Family of 4: 2 booked in AA suite/2 booked in inside

Silverspoon

Booked late. AA suite only suite leftover. Had to put 2 of us in an inside. (All sleeping in 800 sq ft, 2 bath AA -- NCL allows a rollaway bed in this suite, why can't you book 4 in it? Argh!) Kids don't like eating at Cagney's...so we usually get them room service or buffet, then send them to kids club, and eat alone at Cagney's for suite breakfast/lunch.

Only problem: Embarkation lunch at Cagney's. Kids will be with us all day first day. Kids only 12 & 4 yrs.

Should I ask concierge? Especially with the priority tender tickets, priority suite check-in, etc. Would have gladly put 2 of us in an AE to receive perks...only none left!

Any first had experience with this issue?:cool:

We have sailed in an AA with kids in connected AC and BB and had no problem with the Cagney's issue (we don't use the perk much though). Speak to the concierge about your concerns when you meet him/her prior to boarding, I suspect it will be no problem. Absolutely no problems with priority boarding and tender tickets - you can ask for them for your family. I would even guess that reserved theater seating should not be a problem either - hubby used it with my daughters a few times (they were in BB and AC) as directed by the concierge. The only thing that is a real issue is Courtyard access (if you are on a courtyard ship). It was not allowed for us, and rightly so.

Robin

Booked late. AA suite only suite leftover. Had to put 2 of us in an inside. (All sleeping in 800 sq ft, 2 bath AA -- NCL allows a rollaway bed in this suite, why can't you book 4 in it? Argh!) Kids don't like eating at Cagney's...so we usually get them room service or buffet, then send them to kids club, and eat alone at Cagney's for suite breakfast/lunch.

Only problem: Embarkation lunch at Cagney's. Kids will be with us all day first day. Kids only 12 & 4 yrs.

Should I ask concierge? Especially with the priority tender tickets, priority suite check-in, etc. Would have gladly put 2 of us in an AE to receive perks...only none left!

Any first had experience with this issue?:cool:

Priority embarkation, disembarkation, etc -- They will absolutely let you share those perks with your family, especially when you're talking about your own children. Just let the concierge know your situation.

Meals at Cagney's--- They will likely let you share the perk, especially if you're just talking about doing it for a couple of meals. You can also always absolutely share it, by simply having the butler serve the 4 of you, in the suite.

Since you have priority embarkation there is a very good chance you will meet the concierge at check in....let him know your concerns then especially the Cagney's lunch. Get everything straightened out ASAP.. have a great cruise..

Seen all kinds of situations like yours with varying results. Best to not expect too much and then it might go your way and everything works out. Yeah, funny how it's ok to cram 4 in an inside but not in an AA??? Just consider, you booked the AA at a late date and NCL didn't have to upsell it! So maybe you will be rewarded, who knows?

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for all the great replies. YMMV is probably the best answer. I can't believe the only suite leftover was a AA...

If they won't allow the 4 of us together in the courtyard, I wonder if they'd let my DH bring my DS for awhile and I'd bring my DD later...I used the courtyard when we stayed in a GV last year, and there were 6 of us--they didn't check our room keys, though? Never for Cagney's either...maybe they knew who we were, LOL.

Would have selected AB suite, not available...ahh well, can't get the kids to leave the Kids Krew anyway! Should be fine.

Hi Silverspoon,

I'm trying to do the same thing with the star.

Here's a problem I'm running into. The person in the inside cabins

has to be at least 25 years old. So my wife and I would have to

split up on paper. Say my wife and daughter in AA and me and my son

in kk. NCL said they would not extend the previledges to me for AA suites

like cagneys and early pre board etc if my card shows kk. However they would

bring in a cot for all 4 to sleep in the AA.

Are you running into this? I quess I could put my son in AA a pretend to be him.

HLP

If you do not want to use the courtyard this is a non-issue. You will be allowed to do tender and certainly board with your family. If, however, you want to utilize the courtyard, that is against the policy and it may or may not work.

Hi Silverspoon,

I'm trying to do the same thing with the star.

Here's a problem I'm running into. The person in the inside cabins

has to be at least 25 years old. So my wife and I would have to

split up on paper. Say my wife and daughter in AA and me and my son

in kk. NCL said they would not extend the previledges to me for AA suites

like cagneys and early pre board etc if my card shows kk. However they would

bring in a cot for all 4 to sleep in the AA.

Are you running into this? I quess I could put my son in AA a pretend to be him.

HLP

Take your daughters key during the day but never swipe it, they don't know it's not yours unless you do. At Cagney's it's the same way, they ask you for your cabin # ,they have a list that says two in that cabin and look at you and see two, no problem. I think if you let you concierge know he or she will take care of everything ( that's part of the tip earning) don't listen to someone on the phone from NCL(PCC) they are not on the ship.

pmcue

Thanks for advise. The star actually has no courtyard. Not yet anyway.

I'm more interested in cagney breakfast and lunch.

tdcjerry

Thanks,that what I was intending to do. I didn't remember if they swipe everyones card or not. If they just swipe one this will work. I had my TA check with NCL twice and both times the answer was no. But your right,they can be more accomodating on the ship.

Thanks

Archived