main deck cabin midship Princendam

oxypete

We have been offered a cabin on the Main Deck on the Prinsendam. We would be below the bar and dinning room. We are wondering if these cabins are noisy? We have avoided cabins like this on past cruises.

We also have the option of a Main Deck cabin just forward of the atrium. Would there be less noise there? Ship motion problems?

TIA for you help!

oxy

Personally, I'd rather be under the dining room than forward of the forward elevators. There shouldn't be much noise under the dining room, and it's likely to be a little smoother should there be rough seas.

You have to remember, the Prinsendam carries fewer passengers than other HAL ships, so there aren't as many people to generate noise in the first place.

My DW and I have allways had Midship cabins on the main deck on the Prinsendam and have never had problems with any kind of noise,like Ruth said avoid forward cabins,not nice in rough seas.:D:DHave a great cruise.

Can you hear people walking above you??? That is the lower Promenade deck.
Trust me Linda - no you don't. ;);)

As I wrote on an earlier thread, we spent 26-nites aboard the Prinsendam on Main Deck slightly forward of midships. We were right next to the stairs/elevators leading to the LP Atrium. At times, if we really strained to listen, we could hear the ping of the elevator. Not an issue. Absolutely no sounds from jogging above or engines below. Convenient & quiet location that we'd definitely select again.

Archived