"Friendly" Shower Curtains

FlKittyKat

and you wash the bathroom floor as well as yourself. The drain in the floor takes care of the floor wash. Saw a post on a handle on the wall that is great for saving legs. Usually I am washing my long hair, so I sit in the middle, shave legs, hair is soaked so it lathers nicely. Very efficient.

Also close the balcony door before you shower so no wind tunnel.

Do you carry spare legs? Why would you save them?

I've heard ships' comedians make jokes about soaping the curtain and turning around to take your shower.

That's about right, too! Could be easily done! I was not at all prepared for the tiny shower or clingy curtain a few years ago on the CB a few years ago, and finally left it partially open and turned the shower head towards the shower wall. I'm not a large person by any means, and one chapter in my review was entitled, "The Attack of the 7' Shower Curtain"! Anyway - it was a great cruise!

LMAO...neither do I! I love watching those old Love Boat episodes. Check out the decor of the "ship"...hilarious!! But the "cabins" were HUGE!

Angel :)

I was on the "Love Boat" twice in the late 70's (first cruises!), and the cabins were, indeed, huge! We had two small porthole windows, and a very large bathroom with a tub. This was pretty much a standard cabin back then. The large cabin areas definitely made up for the teeny-tiny single ship's swimming pool, and the two (count 'em) bars on that ship!

ROFL Steve Morris was the Comedian on the Sapphire (he is a self proclaimed fluffy)..... and he told a joke about dropping the soap and whilst being bent over, the door and wall broke, certain part of his body was stuck outside while he was still bent over and along comes a blind cruiser with his cruise card..and.....:p
Talk about funny stories. I knew a woman years ago who was on the toilet on an airplane. The plane hit a pocket of air and dropped, her elbow hit the flush, she came down and was partially sucked in and unable to get out. True story.

I have never had a problem with the "friendly" shower curtain and I am quite fluffy. I agree the shower is small, but I can't help wondering if this problem isn't created by leaving the bathroom door open while you shower. :confused:

It could definitely be a problem if you were trying to shave your legs. For that project you need to find another solution or position.:o

I am large and my wife is tiny. She seems to have more of a problem with the shower than me for some reason. When she gets out, the bathroom floor looks like an aquarium. I use the towels on the floor to mop up the excess water. I am tight in there, but not too bad. I "rehearse" before we leave home and try to stay right under the shower stream at home and not use the handheld.

I have to say I LOVED the fact that our first Norwegian cruise on the Gem had shower doors and a handheld. It was AMAZING!! I was shocked that my wife left no water on the floor! I always would joke with her that the Princess steward came in to our room with scuba gear on!

Enjoy your shower and, of course, your cruise,

Freddie

Archived