"Friendly" Shower Curtains

FlKittyKat

We have booked a balcony stateroom on the Island Princess and am worried about a "friendly" shower curtain. I don't remember this being a problem in the past, but have seen so many posts regarding this topic, I am now worried. DH is not a little man and I have already warned him about the size of the shower, but how small is it really and does it have a shower curtain or hard doors?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Except for full suites, Princess has shower curtains, not glass enclosure doors. Even mini suites have a curtain, although they aren't friendly in minis like in other categories. I have never measured the shower, and I am far from large, but they are quite tiny. But then, the entire bathroom area is too tiny for me in regular staterooms, just too claustrophobic for my tastes.

We have booked a balcony stateroom on the Island Princess and am worried about a "friendly" shower curtain. I don't remember this being a problem in the past, but have seen so many posts regarding this topic, I am now worried. DH is not a little man and I have already warned him about the size of the shower, but how small is it really and does it have a shower curtain or hard doors?

Shower curtain, not doors. I'm somewhat "fluffy" and have never had a problem with a shower curtain on a Princess ship. I think it depends on where you like to position yourself in a shower and whether you're shaving your legs, etc. The curtain rod is slightly curved so the curtain is held a bit away from you.

shower2.jpg.74b337030a2f48bce029fb25cc76f126.jpg

shower1.jpg.e2d1c59d6887e6dd3496ecf342ec8098.jpg

Shower curtains, not hard doors.

I'm rather large and was able to deal with the "friendly" curtains. If they get to fresh just open them up. Some water will spill or splash out of the shower but the bathroom floor has a drain. I got used to having the shower handle pointed towards the wall away from the curtian side. Not big deal.

Cheers, VegasPier

We have booked a balcony stateroom on the Island Princess and am worried about a "friendly" shower curtain.

One way to combat the "Friendly" shower curtian is to bring a few plastic clothes pins and attach them to the bottom of the curtain. This will weight it down so it will not flap around much. Also, if you are in a cabin with a balcony, make sure the sliding door is not opened, otherwise the air movement flowing through the bathroom will get you that "cozy" little hug.:D

Shower curtain, not doors. I'm somewhat "fluffy" and have never had a problem with a shower curtain on a Princess ship. I think it depends on where you like to position yourself in a shower and whether you're shaving your legs, etc. The curtain rod is slightly curved so the curtain is held a bit away from you.

LOL...love it Pam! Neither Anita or I are small women but I don't like using terms like "heavy set" or "larger" etc. I love the term "fluffy" and will use that from now on!

I've never had a huge problem with the "friendly" shower curtain (although it is quite small) :eek:! But as you said, at least it does curve a bit away from you. Besides, after a couple of showers, you learn to manuever your movements in there (especially with a moving ship)!

Angel :)

We've been on many Princess cruises and neither of us have ever experienced "friendly" shower curtains. There have been several posts referring to the issue of friendly shower curtains and have often wondered how big one has to be to encounter this problem. Both of us are fairly tall, i.e. 5'8 and 6' and one is thinnish and the other a bit "fluffy" but neither has ever had problems with sticking/clinging shower curtains.

I am a size 7 and I have been attacked by a few overeager shower curtains that really wanted to get to know me better....wayyy better then what I had intended to anyhow.

I like the idea of weighing down the bottom and will try that next cruise to see if I can keep the curtains amorous advances off of my wet body.

Both DH and myself are on the unfluffy side and I have noticed

the shower curtain does attack me a little. I think it's when the shower

is on full blast, the air circulates around me and it causes a wind tunnel

effect:D lol sometimes..... There's shower curtain weights at the bottom

of the curtain as well.

We ask for ours to be replaced with a clean one (they're generally replaced with new ones...even better). Just the thought of pushing past them to get in and out of the shower when the prior occupant did the same...yuck.

After 3 cruises in mini-suites where the shower is in a full size tub and therefore less 'clingy' we were on the Royal Princess in January in a regular balcony stateroom (no mini-suites on the Royal): the bathroom was small, the shower was tiny, but the curtain was new/clean when we boarded and replaced (without asking) halfway through the 14 day cruise with a new or laundered curtain.

We haven't had problems with the shower curtain, but the shower is quite small. Hubby isn't "little" either - he's 6'8", but he manages to take a shower every day on the cruise!:)

Don't drop your soap!!:eek:

ROFL Steve Morris was the Comedian on the Sapphire (he is a self proclaimed fluffy)..... and he told a joke about dropping the soap and whilst being bent over, the door and wall broke, certain part of his body was stuck outside while he was still bent over and along comes a blind cruiser with his cruise card..and.....:p

ROFL Steve Morris was the Comedian on the Sapphire (he is a self proclaimed fluffy)..... and he told a joke about dropping the soap and whilst being bent over, the door and wall broke, certain part of his body was stuck outside while he was still bent over and along comes a blind cruiser with his cruise card..and.....

ROFLMAO - fantastic:):D:D:D:)

Personally, I love to be hugged, just not by something that is soaking wet and made of nylon:eek:

and you wash the bathroom floor as well as yourself. The drain in the floor takes care of the floor wash. Saw a post on a handle on the wall that is great for saving legs. Usually I am washing my long hair, so I sit in the middle, shave legs, hair is soaked so it lathers nicely. Very efficient.

Also close the balcony door before you shower so no wind tunnel.

Both DH and myself are on the unfluffy side and I have noticed

the shower curtain does attack me a little. I think it's when the shower

is on full blast, the air circulates around me and it causes a wind tunnel

effect:D lol sometimes..... There's shower curtain weights at the bottom

of the curtain as well.

After quite a few Princess cruises I think I have solved the "friendly" shower curtain problem. Check the bottom of your shower curtain to see if there are little round weights in the hem. These weights have worn through and fallen out on many of the older shower curtains causing them to become "friendly". Just ask your cabin steward to get you a new one with the weights still in the hem or, as previously mentioned, clip some clothespins to the bottom.

FYI: The shower curtains are changed between passengers. Even on my b2b cruises I got a new shower curtain on change-over days.

Archived