Future Carnival Vacations certificate - good news

habby

Just to claify something else...I believe the total amount of OBC has to do with the length of the cruise. 3 or 4 day cruises only received $50...7 day cruises receive $100...and 10 or longer may be more, but on that I am not sure.!

5 days is also $50, and 6 days is $75 to further clarify.

Okay, I now have a couple more questions. I am sailing on the Elation in May. Where do I need to go for the certificates?

Also, our next cruise is on the Paradise, will these certificates be good for that ship?

On the Conquest, we went to the "Future Cruise Desk". The location was listed in the Capers/Fun Times on the first day.

The certificates are good for any Carnival ship, any cruise within the next five years. You may redeem one certificate per cabin. The folks at the desk should be able to answer any other questions you have.

Okay, I now have a couple more questions. I am sailing on the Elation in May. Where do I need to go for the certificates?

Also, our next cruise is on the Paradise, will these certificates be good for that ship?

They will tell you that you cant use them on already booked cruises, at least they have said that to me more than once and other people here, but you can send them in and get them applied. $50 on short cruises OBC minus the cost of certified mail, so they arent so worth the trouble on short cruises.

We used our FCC when I called to reserve a cruise and they automatically deducted the $100 off and applied the $100 OBC(7 day cruise) at that time. Just had to mail in the FCC certified mail to Promo dept. I had to call after 2 wks to make sure they rec'd it as we never rec'd our cert. mail card back and was told they were backlogged and processing in order of cruise dates. Our balance didn't reflect the FCC until Promo rec'd it. Checked back next day and it was credited to acct. Definitely make a copy before mailing! Good to know you can use it for an existing booked cruises as it states on the back only for new bookings. We got ours on the Valor, unfortunately the other Carnival cruises we have been on since haven't offered the FCC. Does anyone know if you call Carnival they will tell you which ships offer them? A great deal for $100, wish we had bought more than 2 :(

I used mine on my 3/27 sailing on the Dream. I purchased my FCC on the Valor in December and that time was told by the person selling them I couldn't use it towards my Dream cruise.

Didn't think anything more about it until I pulled out my suitcase to start putting things in it that I was planning on taking on my Dream Cruise and there was my certificate(s) I had purchased. I called the number on the back and the person told me of course I could use it towards my Dream Cruise because it was my "future" cruise..as in I had not taken it yet. They had me overnight the certificate. Since it was two weeks before I was to sail, they gave me my $100 OBC and then took the $100 that would have been either applied towards the final payment or credited back to my credit card and applied that as a $100 OBC credit as well. So, I ended up with $200 OBC. :D

I was disappointed that the Future Cruise Desk was not available on the Dream when I sailed. The Guest Services Desk said it was supposed to have been opened the week before, but there was a delay and they weren't sure when it would be available. I was all set to buy a couple more.

Are the certificates, which I've never seen, "transferrable"? (ie: I have friends going on the Elation next week-if I gave them $100 to buy a certificate, that I could then use for my cruise next January...is this possible, or against the rules?) :confused:Thanks.....

unless rules have changed...........

We bought one a couple of years back to use on a future cruise that we knew at some point we would take. DH is a veteran, we were told when I tried to redeem the certificate it doesn't jive with the military discount so we were unable to use it that time.. ok no biggie.. just plan another one !!!!

Did finally use it but on a shorter cruise so not as much credit. However it was never applied after certified mailing... called carnival .. No I am sorry we do not have it on file.. I asked what to do since I had the Certified number... oh you have that handy, let me check..

Voila .. posted to the account ;)

Havent been on a cruise that has had the desk again to buy one.

Are the certificates, which I've never seen, "transferrable"? (ie: I have friends going on the Elation next week-if I gave them $100 to buy a certificate, that I could then use for my cruise next January...is this possible, or against the rules?) :confused:Thanks.....

Unfortunately, no.

Happy to help. We were told at the Future Cruise Desk on the Conquest when we bought the certificates that they were only good for new bookings. Then last week I read here that someone was able to get credit on a cruise they had booked already. I called Carnival and was told that yes in fact I could submit the cert for our upcoming cruise.

You DO need to book first so that you have a booking number to fill in on the certificate. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to use it on a cruise that we had booked before we bought the certificate. So far, so good here.

FYI The certificate says you can only redeem one cert per cabin.

Good luck! Hope things work out as well for you as they have for us so far.

That's exactly how it worked for us too. We bought one on the Conquest, booked next cruise while on-board and used it on the cruise we booked on-board. It was easy!:)

Interesting. Do you still pay the $250 ( for a 7 day) per person booking fee when you book the cruise?

Yes , the $100 comes off final payment...We have used 5 and had no problems with any of them and we have 4 left....We booked a 15 day re-positioning on the Elation and got $250 OBC for the longer cruise.....Dennis

That's exactly how it worked for us too. We bought one on the Conquest, booked next cruise while on-board and used it on the cruise we booked on-board. It was easy!:)

Do you get any perks for booking while on board ship using a certificate.

Do you get any perks for booking while on board ship using a certificate.

Do you mean other than the aforementioned OBC?? Iv never been offered a better rate or anything else for booking onboard. They have a list of "specials" which are the same rates as you can book with any PVP, not so special.

Thanks for your info. I had asked about the certificates last year(sept) on the Triumph and was told they were no longer offering that type of Future cruise credit anylonger. No one at Carnival gave further info. I was going to get upset when I saw this post until I noticed that this (maybe) is a new thing and only offered on SELECT ships. Is that correct? When you purchase one on a select ship, are there restrictions on WHICH ship you may use it on in the future? Do you know if it's available for purchase on the Freedom yet?

Thanks again for clarifying.

Thanks for your info. I had asked about the certificates last year(sept) on the Triumph and was told they were no longer offering that type of Future cruise credit anylonger. No one at Carnival gave further info. I was going to get upset when I saw this post until I noticed that this (maybe) is a new thing and only offered on SELECT ships. Is that correct? When you purchase one on a select ship, are there restrictions on WHICH ship you may use it on in the future? Do you know if it's available for purchase on the Freedom yet?

I purchased 2 of them on the Freedom last year. I have used one for our Aug cruise on the Liberty

We booked a week after our cruise last July. Sent the cert to Costco and they sent back another invoice with $100 off in about a week.

I want to make sure to bring a copy to the cruise to make sure we get the OBC.

they are good on any ship, but for shorter cruises where you only get $50 OBC PER CABIN ... plus you have to mail them in certified mail .. it seems like a lot to get your $50.

Archived