Fascination

mh1973

Tell me everything you know about this ship? We are seriously considering taking a cruise March 25 out of Jacksonville to the Bahamas. It is a 4 night cruise and goes to Freeport and Nassau. We will be traveling with our two kids ages 10 & 12. Where is the best place to book excursions? Maybe a beach excursion? Not sure what to do in Freeport, any suggestions? Kind of feel lost and under pressure being it's so close, last minute decision.

Tell me everything you know about this ship? We are seriously considering taking a cruise March 25 out of Jacksonville to the Bahamas. It is a 4 night cruise and goes to Freeport and Nassau. We will be traveling with our two kids ages 10 & 12. Where is the best place to book excursions? Maybe a beach excursion? Not sure what to do in Freeport, any suggestions? Kind of feel lost and under pressure being it's so close, last minute decision.

We sailed onboard the Fascination back in October and loved it! My wife and I, along with our oldest son and 4-yr old grandson, had a blast! We booked our excursions onboard the ship. In Nassau, we visited the Pirate Museum and did a lot of shopping at the Market there near the port.

Sailing from Jacksonville is a breeze! Lots of parking, cozy terminal and spectacular view passing under the bridge!

:cool:Bill

Recently had her upgrades, we sailed before them, but still enjoyed it, we did Nassau and HMC (loved HMC!!). Have been to both Nassau and Freeport on the Sensation. Both times took a cab to Port Lucaya beach and spent the day, very nice beach located between two hotels. We purchased drinks from the hotel bar and had lunch across the street, where there is a neat little area full of shops and restaurants. There is also a vendor at the beach selling water sports, banana boat, parasailing, the first time we went they had the water trampoline, but it wasnt there the 2nd time. I wouldnt hesitate going back again. In Nassau we rented a room at Comfort Suites and spent the day at Atlantis, the kids really enjoyed it. The 2nd cruise we booked thru Carnival website the Catamaran sail and snorkel, another lovely time. When we were on the Fascination we took a taxi to an all inclusive resort, didnt really care for that excursion, if I went back to Nassau I would probably either snorkel again or do Atlantis with the kids.

We just booked on the Fascination today leaving on March 20th. Cant wait. We see she has recently been upgraded and the water parks and pools on board look great.

We are booking the Blue Lagoon excursion through blue lagoon instead of the ship at Nassau. Not sure about HMC yet though.

We sailed on the Fascination last year. The upgrades were great and we had a really good time. Stayed at Best Western and left the car free for the days of the cruise. We went to HMC and Nassau. But on our Triumph cruise we went to your ports of Freeport and Nassau. We did the Atlantis Waterpark in Nassau. It may be too cool of weather to do that right now...it was fun though. We went through the Digs ( Aquarium at Atlantis) Wonderful! Freeport was a snorkel trip for us...

You will love Fascination! We went last March before the upgrades and it is a beautiful ship. We took our kids and grandkids. We took a taxi to Port Lucaya for a beach day. They also have a straw market there. It was a very nice area. Had a great time that day!

In Nassau, we booked online before the cruise to go to Blue Lagoon. This was money well spent! I didn't want to leave Blue Lagoon. It is beautiful and relaxing. Lunch is included (print out your receipt and take with you). You also have the option of buying a dolphin encounter. They have dolphins and sea lions there.

I can't comment on the shows. We kept the grandbabies while our kids took off and enjoyed the ship and shows. We are going on the Fascination again April 26...just me and the hubby this time. So we'll get to see and enjoy more of the ship this time!

Enjoy your cruise!

I've been on the Fascination twice! December 2008 and December of 2009

We did a Historical Highlights Tour in Nassau that was FANTASTIC! Back in 2008 we just kinf of walked around, didn't see much of the island, so doing the tour was awesome. I think it's a MUST do! Atlantis is also amazing, too and if you can do both, I think both of them are worth the see. :D

never been on the ship, but we were docked beside it last week and it was broken down in port at nassau....the rumor was that they were supposed to leave that day but couldn't because the ship engine wasn't working...whether that its true or not, i can't say, but a couple that shared a taxi with us told us this...good luck!

Archived