Fascination- Back from 3/6 cruise

twinmommy08

I can post a full review later.

The ships ship propulsion systems broke on the FIRST day so we putted our way to Nassau going, oh about 8 knots or so and had two days there... then we putted our way back to Jacksonville and ported about 12 am Thursday morning.

Needless to say it was a very disappointing cruise. We each got $20 OBC for our trouble and rude staff members saying that we should be lucky we got anything at all...

The sewage issue is still an issue... we couldn't enjoy our balcony... heck the Disney Wonder that docked next to use had complaining cruisers about the smell. It smelled like someone pooped and never flushed... We noticed the smell the 2nd day. From then on it was either that smell or smell of bug spray that filled the halls.

It was a nightmare. I am so upset I can't find the words. Many cruisers left the ship in Nassau... so said the staff.... I can't confirm, of course.

I will try to answer questions to the best of my ability. We stayed in U94 and only did the dining room the first night and skipped the rest due to service and expectations. We had a table of 4 so the table mates weren't the issue, but the staff service, er... lack of service. We did a Spa treatment and it was alright. Nothing to write home about. We used Camp Carnival for babysitting and they were the only "exceeded my expectations" mark. It was available 12-2 pm Sea days and 7:45 am - noon Port days.

Sorry you ran in to some unexpected issues during your cruise. I hope the rest went well. we are sailing on the Fascination in July. I hope they fix the problems!

I hope so too as we are also sailing in July! :(

Sorry you had such a rotten experience.

We are booked on her for June. My husband and I have cruised before so I know we'll enjoy it no matter what. My concern is that my aunt is going with us and has never cruised. She's usually pretty easy going, but still hope the problems are fixed. I'd like for her to REALLY enjoy the experience.

Ugh, that completely sucks. I would be disappointed to have my itinerary changed due to a propulsion issue, but I'd get over that pretty quick. But a sewage smell that made me unable to use my balcony? I just can't imagine anything so gross.

I have been reading a LOT of people complaining about smells -- mostly sewage -- on the ships. What is this all about? I have been on three cruises and never noticed any smell like that, and I would be horrified if I did.

We've noticed sewage smells on both of our cruises but not constant enough to affect our cruise. We'll be on Fantasy in July and instead of an OV we splurged and went with an extended balcony (former penthouse suite). If we can't use it due to the smell, yeah I will be mighty upset.

I just contacted my PVP because we are cruising on the Fascination in July--I wanted to see if they planned on fixing the propulsion problem before then. She checked with her supervisor, and Carnival is denying that there are any problems with it. They are blaming the weather for missing HMC. :confused: I told her that I've read that they've missed it the last 3 cruises, but she said they've really been battling the weather downthere. Now I'm frustrated! I plan on having a great time regardless...but if there is a problem I wish they would fix it rather then pretending like nothing is wrong.:rolleyes:

We are sailing on July 5 - and I was hoping to begin reading a bunch of positive reviews. I just called my TA to see what she knew. I haven't paid my full & final, so there is still time to adjust. We did opt for one of the new balcony room E210. But I sure don't want to smell sewage smells from anywhere on the ship. Here is hoping things improve.

We sailed last Nov and the smell was very strong in many of the public restrooms. I did not notice it any place else on the ship- certainly not my cabin or any eating areas. Sounds like a basic plumbing problem to me. I would certainly get a guarantee from my TA or Personal Planner about any "stink" issues.

I emailed Carnivial about the recent reports that the Fascination has been missing HMC, and they flat out deny it. They claim that their have been no itenerary changes for the Fascination recently and it is not having any problems.

How can they deny any problems or itenerary changes.

I don't understand it either. But I'm going to pay close attention to these boards, and I'm going to keep bugging my PVP. I'm also documenting all of my emails and conversations about this problem too. I can understand missing a port due to weather or an unexpected problem, but if it's an ongoing problem that I've asked Carnival about and they blatantly deny anything...then that's another issue. All that said, I'm really looking forward to our trip--I just hope they fix the problem.

I will be on Fascination is 2 weeks and I must say I am going to have a blast no matter what! It will be our first crusie and even if there are a few problems I think...well, I HOPE at least...it can be overlooked. I do appreciate all the information I have been getting, even though I got torched a couple weeks ago from a simple question.

I hope to report some great things when we return on the evening of April 8th, including a stop in HMC!

I will be on Fascination is 2 weeks and I must say I am going to have a blast no matter what! It will be our first crusie and even if there are a few problems I think...well, I HOPE at least...it can be overlooked. I do appreciate all the information I have been getting, even though I got torched a couple weeks ago from a simple question.

I hope to report some great things when we return on the evening of April 8th, including a stop in HMC!

Narlo

We will be waiting for your info.:D We sail her the 17th!!!

I'm anxious to hear from the folks that return This Sat..hopefully they will give a good report.

We sailed Fascination last May and as soon as we boarded the ship you could smell sewer everwhere. It was awful. I had brought some friends who had never sailed and i was embarassed to say the least. The smell seemed to go away once we left port but something should be done. Not good to have your first impression of a cruise be a nasty odor. We all pay alot for a cruise.

TM, Im so sorry yall had such a stinky trip. Ive read things youve written and I know how excited yall were. I know youre not a negative poster either,so if You are saying it was bad,then I totally trust you that it was.

Im glad your babies had fun.That matters pretty much most of all. But dang! you and DH expected to have a ball too,and Im honestly sorry you didnt.:(

I am so sorry you had such an awful cruise! Thanks for giving us a head's up. I sure hope Carnival gets any plumbing and propulsion problems fixed quickly. I am surprised at the lack of service too!

I sailed her last March (2009) during spring break - with DH, DS, & DD. Besides the weather - we had a blast. No smells & great service. But things can change!

I wonder if the retrofit got things out of whack????

Future Fascination cruisers - please keep us posted!!!!

I replied to the email Carnival sent me and asked them specifically about the dates of the two cruises that have been mentioned recently. They are adamant that no itinerary changes have been made, and no propulsion problems have been had.

Maybe some of the people on these trips should call them out on misinforming people.

I just contacted my PVP because we are cruising on the Fascination in July--I wanted to see if they planned on fixing the propulsion problem before then. She checked with her supervisor, and Carnival is denying that there are any problems with it. They are blaming the weather for missing HMC. :confused: I told her that I've read that they've missed it the last 3 cruises, but she said they've really been battling the weather downthere. Now I'm frustrated! I plan on having a great time regardless...but if there is a problem I wish they would fix it rather then pretending like nothing is wrong.:rolleyes:

We sailed 2/20 - 2/25 and had a great day at HMC. Didn't experience any more smells than I have experienced on any of our other 6 cruises. When you get that many people in a small space eating that much food, as the saying goes - "S#%t Happens!" You're bound to smell a little something here and there.:)

Since you don't cruies until July, my advice is don't sweat it! Have fun planning and get ready for a great time no matter what happens!!!

Archived