Gym on the Gem?

siouxsie

I am going on a cruise on the Gem in May. Is there a gym or workout equipment on the ship? if so, does it cost extra to use it? Thanks!

Cannot speak for the Gem, but the gym on Jade is very well equipped. No extra charge, unless you decide to go to classes e.g. they had a class for the bikes with music pumping everyone up. No need to do that unless you want to.

The gym is well set up on the port side of the boat. Most of the treadmills have water views, but on past trips the elliptical machines had the place of honor. There is a scale, and it's funny trying to weigh yourself on a moving boat! Gravity is a very strong force!

Hello, I'll be on the Gem in May and would like to know more about the gym. I believe I read in one of the threads there are "hot beds" or heated slabs you can rest on? Won't you please explain if you know what I'm talking about:confused: Thanks!

Hello, I'll be on the Gem in May and would like to know more about the gym. I believe I read in one of the threads there are "hot beds" or heated slabs you can rest on? Won't you please explain if you know what I'm talking about:confused: Thanks!

There are heated ceramic lounge chairs in the spa that are very relaxing! There are also hydrotherapy pools, sauna and steamrooms and little individual whirlpool tubs (my favorite)!

You can use this area if you have any spa treatments. Otherwise there is a fee. I think I paid $120 for ten days, and it was worth every penny!

Archived