"Unsfafe" Board msg

NW Pacific

I received 2 different ones. :mad:

The first had 2 viruses that Microsoft Security caught and cleaned. The second one took me to a different page altogether and I just closed the window.

After each, I updated my Microsoft security essentials and ran a quick scan. Fortunately nothing.

I will do a full blown extensive scan shortly.

Nothing like this has happened to me with CC before.:confused:

There is a very nasty drive-by virus going around. It is very clever. Most anti-virus products will not catch it and it can hide from them and not allow you enter those sites. It continually pops in, telling you that a site is not safe and that you need to download software. It will appear to be very legitimate. It is not.

I got rid of it with

malwarebytes dot org

This is a free download. Here's the rub. The virus recognizes the site and will not let you enter to download the program. You need to get a disc and boot it into the machine, then run it. It will then download an update and do a scan. It took an hour to scan and find the stuff.

My history might turn some people away from my advice. Everything above is on up-and-up. The tech-guy from our Sheriff's dept turned me on to the solution. I described my problem and he immediately knew what I had. This one is nasty and I think it goes out with emails.

Dan the luddite

I got a "warning" that Adobe wanted to run a 3D viewer and did I want to run it. I didn't run it and then got an error message, but that's it. I wonder if it's just an ad that needs some sort of viewer to run and it isn't recognized.

Just logging on for the first time this morning and received the same message you did.

Karen

A simple system restore to an earlier date will also remove it. Much easier that malware bytes dot com. Try it first!

I picked up a virus on a Dell laptop about a month ago. I went to a link someone had posted and bam I had a virus. It completely shut done my computer. I had a friend that spent hours with it and finally got it cured. The problem is usually from going to links. I now try to only use a wonderful MAC when on CC.

God' date=' I love my Mac. ;)[/color']

PE

Ditto on that! Old PC crashed in Janaury and we got a Macbook. Didn't realize how much of a difference it makes. (and it makes a happier me!:))

What.....just Mac and no cheese?:p

Remember the uproar when that was offered in the MDR a couple years back? Some felt they were forcing M&C on them. I just thought it was another choice that I could take or not take :D

Archived