Cabin # is In...What Else Am I Missing

HouseRulz

Based on the awesome support of the HAL board, I feel like I have made all the right preparations for our 3/27 cruise on the Eurodam.

We booked the retreat and will ask for a lido-facing cabana once on board.

Booked one dinner each at Pinnacle and Tamarind on non-formal nights.

Will call to get reservations at Canaletto one night as soon as we board.

We booked a Guarantee, and today were assigned VA 4132. Looks like this is on the Upper Promenade but is considered VA because of the extra large balcony. Other than a suite, couldn't have asked for more as we love time out on the balcony. Feeling good about this cabin after jtl513's picture and comments on the cabin.

Going to pack some 1.75l bottles of our favorite wine for dinner and pay the corkage fee as it will still be a better value than a wine card.

Given the itinerary, we will play it by ear at the ports and forgo any of the shore excursions. We have done the Caribbean enough to simply be happy with a local cab to the beaches.

So.... based on what I wrote, am I missing anything? I'm pretty sure that the HAL board regulars have done more than enough to maximize the fun of this vacation, but I just wanted to make sure I haven't neglected to take heed of any good advice.

Thanks for the help gang!! :)

Sounds like you will have a wonderful cruise. :)

Don't forget the Tamarind for lunch.. there's no extra charge and it's a set menu . The Silk Den is (right outside theTamarind) is a lovely spot for drinks.

Take the glass elevators( we found hardly anyone used them) press 11 and poof you'll be in"Tamarind Land " one of the best things about sailing on the Eurodam H:)ppy Sailings

Try the Segway Tour in Old San Juan. We made reservations at SEGWAYTOURSPR.COM and we took the 2 hour tour. Their office was the next pier over from where the Eurodam docks. That's the same dock from which the ferry boats operate. No need to pay in advance. We had a great time and even for some someone 60+ it was easy to leard.

Just have a great cruise, oh, you might think about packing a power strips for all your electronics.

I thought I read some place that you are not allowed to take power strips on HAL. Would like to know for sure, as my husband is a professional photographer and we carry lots of electrical items. Thanks!

I thought I read some place that you are not allowed to take power strips on HAL. Would like to know for sure, as my husband is a professional photographer and we carry lots of electrical items. Thanks!

It's true that the 'Know Before You Go' for HAL says that only HAL power strips are allowed. But we're taking one in case we can't get one from HAL since with all the folks with CPAP machines and other electrical items, I can't imagine HAL having enough power strips for everyone who wants one.

Since my husband uses a CPAP, besides taking an extension cord we're also bringing a power strip.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Because we have a regular Veranda stateroom, but also have an apparently huge balcony, does anyone know if we can expect any additional furniture out there and/or them bringing us a table suitable for two people to dine on? We are planning on a balcony breakfast each morning. ;)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Because we have a regular Veranda stateroom, but also have an apparently huge balcony, does anyone know if we can expect any additional furniture out there and/or them bringing us a table suitable for two people to dine on? We are planning on a balcony breakfast each morning. ;)

All I could see from our 4130 window was the standard VA stuff - 2 chairs, footstool, 12" round table. I don't know about getting more if you ask.

Click pic to enlarge a bit.

DSCN0267.jpg.27cd6f684674f9ee68fa0efd3865ff3e.jpg

Wow that is a big space. I was hoping for a small patio table but now, if there isn't one already there, I shall request an official HAL picnic table!
When we've had verandah cabins, we've done okay for breakfast by putting two plates on the footstool, and our coffee & juice on the round table. The big verandah would be good for an M&G, where everybody stands around anyway! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from 7 Wonderful days on MS Eurodam. I promise to provide an annoyingly lengthy review soon. Thanks to all whose advice helped make for a wonderful week. Now back to flipping through the 2011 Cruise Planner!!!! :D

Just back from 7 Wonderful days on MS Eurodam. I promise to provide an annoyingly lengthy review soon. Thanks to all whose advice helped make for a wonderful week. Now back to flipping through the 2011 Cruise Planner!!!! :D

Take a day ot 2 to get situated a.k.a. relaxed and then I expect to hear/read the review:)

Welcome home!!

Joanie

Archived