Being Bumped From Your Room

Bookitt

We are on the Legend heading out on Mar 21. Both ourselves and another couple booked our rooms a month ago, but we were informed that because we each only had two people in a quad room that there was a 5% possibility that we could be bumped to an equivalent room, if the quad was needed. It looks like the ship is pretty well sold out now, especially for balcony rooms. My question is, if the unthinkable happens, when would we be informed? Would Carnival or our TA call us beforehand, or would they be total bastiches, and tell us when we board? If anyone has ever been "bumped" this way, I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Given that you are traveling right smack in the middle of spring break, I would not consider the possibility of being bumped "the unthinkable," but highly possible.

we were bumped last year without being consulted. this happened when we went to the vip lounge to board after our luggage was handed over to a porter. we went to a balony, they called it an upgrade which it was but i had picked a cabin out that dh and i wanted. they seemed to feel insulted them when i said something even telling us our travel agent knew all about it, which he did not.

speaking to the people who were in the cabin we selected and ocean view we figured out they must have booked both of us in the same cabin computer error. we did ask carnival what we should do in the future they told us to tell our travel agent to mark our reservation no change""" yea

bia

How did you end up talking to them? Did you stalk them?

I'm bumping this thread for more replies and info. I did a search about being bumped from a specific cabin because I read a reply that someone made yesterday that mentioned bumping. So, other than the little square indicating a quad on Carnival's deck plan, how do I know if a particular cabin is Handicap Accessible? I want to pick a specific cabin and then choose another nearby for our children. I don't want to worry about being bumped and end up on another deck entirely from the kids. (The "kids" are 21, 18, and 15 so I don't think Carnival would think it a concern to separate us.) I'm specifically looking at 9B's for the two of us on deck 6,7, or 8 on the Miracle. If anyone knows if those cabins are HA, please let me know.

See if this link is any help?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

ken

I was bumped once, aft, up two decks. We were not adjoined to anyone.

Another time we were aft, and we were adjoined. I kept checking my room doing the Kelly method, and the room never changed. The morning of the cruise, I freaked out, as I could no longer pull it up....until I realized you couldn't pull up any room.

Why would some sailing have "occupancy restriction"....I was told it was a coast guard thing....dosen't even make sense???

Thanks

Summer, more kids. My friend who cruises in the summer wasnt allowed to book a quad with 3 of them, they had to get a double with a rollaway. That way Carnival can cram more kids into a quad.

Another friend got "bumped" from her quad they got assigned to to a more aft location they didnt want. She most certainly did not think it was a upgrade, sideways supposedly, except to what she considered a less desirable location.

we called the cabin to see if our luggage was there. it had the cabin number on it.thanked the women and we chatted. no stalking not her fault.:cool:

• 9 months later...

no we did not stalk them. we called the cabin looking for our luggage that was there because it had luggage tags with that cabin number. they were very nice people. not all people are stalkers..........

Archived