NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Thanks, Carol and Char. I really need to start packing. Right now I'm trying to pick the wine to bring on board. Not having to fly in has its pluses. :D I like to bring a large bottle of port wine, pay the $15 corking, and then have it brought to the table each night. Get full value for the $15 that way. ;)

Bon Voyage!! We bought a bottle of Port when we were in Portugal - guess we are waiting for a special occasion to drink that - I still have the pic of your cute dog in the suitcase wanting to go with you! that has got to be the best pic ever--

Char - did I ever send that to you?

Frank & Marianne - Have a super duper cruise!! carol

Hello friends...

Frank...what a cute photo your little guy doesn't want you to go off and leave him. My cat Mocha use to sit in our suitcases when we would pack on our bed...we have since learned to pack in the guest room with the door shut.

Carol...I believe this is the first time I have seen that cute photo. I will have to dig out the photo of Mocha we was still very young when I took it. Now he is an old guy of 9.

Char

Edited by roudy1

Yep - that's the pic - I have posted it and shared with friends - I gave Frank the credit tho' == like when I get recipes from friends I always give them the credit, esp when it's good. carol

Woohoo! Just booked a 2011 Baltic cruise on the Emerald Princess. Princesses 2011 Europe bookings just opened. I started a roll call. :D Hope this is not too early.

Geeze--- Way to go Frank - you just contributed to the cruisn' economy!!

thumbs up!!! carol

Woohoo! Just booked a 2011 Baltic cruise on the Emerald Princess. Princesses 2011 Europe bookings just opened. I started a roll call. :D Hope this is not too early.

Congratulations Frank...you lucky guy and is awful nice of you to contribute so nicely to the economy...tho' not sure whidh one. :rolleyes:

Char

Congratulations Frank...you lucky guy and is awful nice of you to contribute so nicely to the economy...tho' not sure whidh one. :rolleyes:

Char

at least we know Princess is getting some of his $$$ -- carol

Hey Nor California Friends...

I guess Frank is packing fo rhis cruise...sure wish I was.

Been quiet here on the boards today...our DD came by this afternoon and we had a nice visit...she brought their movie The Blind Side so we watched that tonight. Really enjoyed it.

Char

Love Sandra Bullock - one of my favorite movies with her in it is an oldie :

Hope Floats.....where she goes back to live with her Mom after separating with her husband who was messing around with her best friend. And Sandra has a young daughter who doesn't like living in the country with Grandma, etc.

carol

Love Sandra Bullock - one of my favorite movies with her in it is an oldie :

Hope Floats.....where she goes back to live with her Mom after separating with her husband who was messing around with her best friend. And Sandra has a young daughter who doesn't like living in the country with Grandma, etc.

carol

I LOVE Hope Floats one of my all time favorites we have it and the CD. Another one I like is even older than that it is While You Were Sleeping...have that one too.

But Hope Floats is my FAV.

Char

Hi, Carol and Char!

And, mountainhouse, I think I've talked to you before! Are you near Tracy? I'm from Escalon. Anyway, just in case not, nice to meet you......lol!

Carly and I are getting ready for our cruise next month to Catalina and Ensenada. It's been 4 years since I've been to Catalina but I've never been to Ensenada so I'm looking forward to that visit! We leave on April 26th for 4 nts. That Tuesday when we're in Avalon it will be my 25th Wedding Anniversary. Hubby is working anyhow so we'll just celebrate it when I get back! Last time I was there it was my Birthday! Maybe that's why we tend to cruise in April.......lol!

Char- I just bought Notting Hill - your favorite too - I have never seen that movie but I love all the songs - I have the soundtrack and listen to the music all the time. carol

Jim and I both LOVE that movie and have watched it many times...what we like most is the quirky friendship and loyalty of the group. Hope you and Narce like it.

I don't remember if we have the soundtrack but the music is great...will have to check my huge collection and see if I have it.

Char

Frank is on a cruise right now Glenda - lucky him - then you!!! lucky you!! and most of all, lucky daughter - how exciting for her - her first cruise - love being on a cruise with first timers, esp when you can see they are having a super great time.

Oh- in Ensenada, we took the bus, not the ship's tour - to the blow horn - it was fun - not bad -

carol

Jim and I both LOVE that movie and have watched it many times...what we like most is the quirky friendship and loyalty of the group. Hope you and Narce like it.

I don't remember if we have the soundtrack but the music is great...will have to check my huge collection and see if I have it.

Char

I am not a fan of Hugh Grant but I do enjoy him - I loved the movie he was in with Drew Barrymore - about the old singer making a comeback and he and Drew had to write a new song together - I have the soundtrack to that too - cute songs.

carol

Help! I am using our new Apple IMac for the first time! I haven't used an Apple product since our old Apple IIE. Our old Dell decided to commit suicide and our son talked DH into getting this IMac. I just need to get used to it...:eek:

On another note - we crazy folks just booked the Mariner for a cruise departing two weeks after we return from Mexico on the Sea Princess. I just couldn't wait to see the Mariner for myself. :D

Help! I am using our new Apple IMac for the first time! I haven't used an Apple product since our old Apple IIE. Our old Dell decided to commit suicide and our son talked DH into getting this IMac. I just need to get used to it...:eek:

On another note - we crazy folks just booked the Mariner for a cruise departing two weeks after we return from Mexico on the Sea Princess. I just couldn't wait to see the Mariner for myself. :D

and if you like it, will you be coming with our CA group on April 3 2011? hope so! tell Judy!!

carol

and if you like it, will you be coming with our CA group on April 3 2011? hope so! tell Judy!!

carol

Nancy...do think about it...this will be a reunion cruise and you will definately fit in especially after you sail on her...then you would be officially a reunion cruiser. =)

Char

Hey Glenda...your cruise with DD will be so much fun...like Carol said especially nice with a first timer...will never ever forget our first cruise. =)

...and Glenda please feel free to copy and paste our Merry Mariner's cruise banner into your signature.

Char

Edited by roudy1

On our Alaska cruise for May, 3 of our friends have never been to AK, so it'll be their first time - and 3 of us have - so it'll be fun experiencing the first timers' reactions' to Alaska's beauty. Carol

Hey Glenda...your cruise with DD will be so much fun...like Carol said especially nice with a first timer...will never ever forget our first cruise. =)

...and Glenda please feel free to copy and paste our Merry Mariner's cruise banner into your signature.

Char

Thanks, Char! I hope she will love it! I was going to put the banner on but I already have the revolving one that I have left on since last year's fiasco! On our cruise, we'll finally be able to get back to Stone Island, Mazatlan and finally see Chino's Paradise in PV! In Cabo we always eat at The Office and shop! I think I want to go back out to Lover's Beach this time, too! If I could figure out how to get rid of those stupid countdown clocks at the bottom, I most definitely would! They don't show up on the editing page at all, just on the actual signature page. I have no clue how that happened, but without wiping out the whole signature right now, I've decided just to wait until I feel like redoing it totally.....lol!

On our Alaska cruise for May, 3 of our friends have never been to AK, so it'll be their first time - and 3 of us have - so it'll be fun experiencing the first timers' reactions' to Alaska's beauty. Carol

Carl and I plan on going back to Alaska one of these years. We did the 5 nt land tour from Fairbanks by train to Denali, Talkeetna, coached to Anchorage, then Seward, then the 7 nt cruise from Seward to Hubbard, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan inside to Vancouver. If you guys have the time in Juneau, I would very highly recommend the private tour with Adventure Bound. It's a 9 hr tour up the Tracy Arm to the twin Sawyer Glaciers, over 700 waterfalls, ice bergs, whales and some of the most breath taking scenery you'll ever see! http://www.adventureboundalaska.com/

Glenda or anyone who has been here -

what did you do in Icy Strait ? or Hoonah - last time it was raining so hard that those who went on the tours said it was awful. I was happy roaming around the old cannery that was converted into shops.

thanx......... carol

Nancy...do think about it...this will be a reunion cruise and you will definately fit in especially after you sail on her...then you would be officially a reunion cruiser. =)

Char

I will definitely let you know if I decide to 'do' the April cruise. Right now we're looking at a cruise through the Panama Canal with some friends next year, so have to get together with them to decide when. :)