NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Try to remember to buy a group ticket on Sat - who knows!!! with that kind of $$$, we can afford to take everyone on THIS THREAD on a cruise!! carol

Carol et al...well the Mega Millions has rolled over to at least 122 million and the site says the cash would be something like 76 million or was it only 74 mil...whatever! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL~

Hi Carol and company. I think it's been long enough since our cruise that I've started forgetting about it. I need another. ;) Thought I'd share an unusual photo of the Mariner. That is Sapphire Princess's reflection. Went by pretty close.

836362451_T8GBm-L.jpg

Edited by mountainhouse

Thanx Frank - been wondering about you and we put out an APB on you!! the pic is nice! one more yr and we get onboard -

Char and I booked a cruise - join us--

NOv 2011 - out of NJ - 12 days - Caribbean - New ship by Celebrity, not out yet - Silhouette... we are excited!!

don't disappear now - we want to hear about your trip and see your pics!!

tell Marianne we are saying HI!!

carol

It was a good trip. We were originally going to do a Caribbean trip like last year, but the airfare to San Juan is looking kinda ugly. Since we view these trips as mostly for the week of relaxation (instead of sight seeing) this worked nicely. Highlight was Mazatlan. We had a great day with Mazatlan Frank. Photos are here.

So I woke up this morning hearing about the ash cloud over Europe. Any chance this will go so long that cruise ships might be diverted to provide trans-Atlantic service? :eek: If there's no air travel, European cruises that cater to Americans would probably be less than 1/2 full.

That's awful about the volc. ash...

It's not fun being stranded in an airport - went thru that in Japan 4 yrs ago -

Frank - I know I sent you an annoucement - lunch at Morro Bay tomorrow - 12 noon - The Galley... ha!Ha! not too late!!

that's ok - we are trying to get together again for our Nor-Cal group.

carol

Hey Virginia - visit us often - hope you are having a good time with your family in Kentucky - are you going around?

have you been there before? carol

Hi Carol, now that I found you guys, will be visitin you again. Yes have been here in Kentucky before. This weekend, I hear there's a three horse event going on, I think we might be going to that. Saw Mary Todd Lincoln's house in town yesterday, also Henry Claw's mansion.

Hi Carol, now that I found you guys, will be visitin you again. Yes have been here in Kentucky before. This weekend, I hear there's a three horse event going on, I think we might be going to that. Saw Mary Todd Lincoln's house in town yesterday, also Henry Claw's mansion.

Cool - love going to historical houses - hope you took lots of pics... come by here often - carol

Hi, Barb! Glad to see you're joining us next April! So you were on the Infinity in the So. Caribbean, I'm jealous! I'm another Celebrity lover! And, if they were still doing the Mex Riv cruises out of SF like the first one we went on, we would most definitely be on that one! Not to say I didn't like the Mariner last year, but I'm still not happy with RCI's treatment with our cruise and how it ended up. We're really only going again because of our group that is going. Most who were on last year's will not sail Royal again because of it. It was the cruise that got turned around after Cabo and went to SF in the wind, cold and rain. Princess and Carnival gave their customers a 50% future cruise credit and onboard credit. We got onboard credit that we all had to buy sweatshirts with! :cool:

Hi, Barb! Glad to see you're joining us next April! So you were on the Infinity in the So. Caribbean, I'm jealous! I'm another Celebrity lover! And, if they were still doing the Mex Riv cruises out of SF like the first one we went on, we would most definitely be on that one! Not to say I didn't like the Mariner last year, but I'm still not happy with RCI's treatment with our cruise and how it ended up. We're really only going again because of our group that is going. Most who were on last year's will not sail Royal again because of it. It was the cruise that got turned around after Cabo and went to SF in the wind, cold and rain. Princess and Carnival gave their customers a 50% future cruise credit and onboard credit. We got onboard credit that we all had to buy sweatshirts with! :cool:

Hi Glenda

Actually we sailed the Millie in the So Carribean... basically the same ship. However it was a livelier crowd.

As you know we had some of the same problems on Infinity last year with H1N1 as you did (we missed all the Mexican ports and got San Diego,Catalina and an overnight in SF). According to Celebrity they were NOT going to give us anything... it was an act of nature. I called and got nothing as did several of our other shipmates....

then Mr Martini (aka Jeff) got on the phone.... he told them how he did not think that *starring you* was being lived up too, and a few other things.We ended up getting 250.00 off our next cruise( hence the So Carribean). I did notice that shortly after they changed their slogan. <G>

I am a little hestitant about sailing RCL (X has spoiled me)...and these ports of call, (as I have done it three times now) BUT I want to sail with this group. :) I think this group is going to be the most fun I have sailed with yet! The best previously was on the Infinity. We still have the roll call going and keep in touch :)

Hope all is well with your wolves... my shepard is doing fine.

Barb

Hello My Nor Cal Friends...

Frank ...love that photo of the Mariner and Sapphire ;) will check out your cruise photos as well. Come join us either on the Mariner (a reunion cruise) or Celebrity Silhouette late in 2011 will be a lot of fun.

Barb & Glenda...well our next Mariner cruise will be fantastic...and it will definately be because of the people.

Jim and I are booked with Carol and Narce on Celebrity Silhouette for E Caribben November 18, 2011 and will be our second Celebrity cruise...first one was short on the Mercury PNW...really looking forward to our frist big ship Celebrity cruise and a longer itinerary. =)

Virginia...sounds like you are having a good time in Kansas...I love visiting the old places too...might just have to take a trip to Kansas sometime.

Char

Just dropping in to say hi to the No Ca posters.

You know I have special privileges from Carol to post here!:)

She charges me monthly dues.

Great pic of the Mariner. Thought I had seen them all but I really like the shadowing.

Having been on it 2 times... it is special to me.

Laura

Great pic of the Mariner. Thought I had seen them all but I really like the shadowing.

Laura

Hey Laura...you come by and say hello anytime you want to...gotta get your money's worth. LOL

I am looking forward to sailing on her again...especially because of the wonderful people we met on the first one.

Char

Laura

because you make me the best drinks, I will NOT charge you toll to come in here!

Everyone loves to hear from you anyway!

carol

Carol...you are so sweet not to charge Laura because she makes really good drinks. :D

Frank...love love love you pictures...do you post on the "photo" thread here? Seems like I have seen some of your other photos...or style I guess. Now I am looking forward to visiting Mazatlan again...and will definately look into Mazatlan Frank.

Jim and I are sailing on Sapphire in September to Alaska...was this your first time on her? I really like the balcony you had one of the aft corner cabins...lucky guy.

Hello My Nor Cal Friends...

Frank ...love that photo of the Mariner and Sapphire ;) will check out your cruise photos as well. Come join us either on the Mariner (a reunion cruise) or Celebrity Silhouette late in 2011 will be a lot of fun.

Barb & Glenda...well our next Mariner cruise will be fantastic...and it will definately be because of the people.

Jim and I are booked with Carol and Narce on Celebrity Silhouette for E Caribben November 18, 2011 and will be our second Celebrity cruise...first one was short on the Mercury PNW...really looking forward to our frist big ship Celebrity cruise and a longer itinerary. =)

Virginia...sounds like you are having a good time in Kansas...I love visiting the old places too...might just have to take a trip to Kansas sometime.

Char

Hi Char, I'm not in Kansas, I'm in Kentucky but oh well thats ok.

Just heard that Mariner is leaving California. :(

Yes, messed up our CA Cruisers Group plans for our April 3 2011 cruise. We will reschedule and probably end up going on the Voyager out of Galveston - different route. Princess cancelled some sf cruises and also X is not sailing out of SF next yr - guess our left coast is not profitable enough for them - carol

Yes, messed up our CA Cruisers Group plans for our April 3 2011 cruise. We will reschedule and probably end up going on the Voyager out of Galveston - different route. Princess cancelled some sf cruises and also X is not sailing out of SF next yr - guess our left coast is not profitable enough for them - carol

We had plans to book one of the Princess cruises that was canceled. We really wanted to sail Celebrity from S.F. also. I do have the Galveston Western Caribbean on my 'future' cruises list. I just don't like flying if I can drive. (just lazy I guess) :rolleyes:

We had plans to book one of the Princess cruises that was canceled. We really wanted to sail Celebrity from S.F. also. I do have the Galveston Western Caribbean on my 'future' cruises list. I just don't like flying if I can drive. (just lazy I guess) :rolleyes:

at least Tx is not as far as NJ or Miami or Barcelona!! If you feel like going and your FUTURE happens to be apr 3 2011, hopefully we will see you onBoard!! carol