NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

There is only one cruise I know of like that and it is the Infinity (ha ha Carol)

West Coast Wine Tour. Celebrity does it once a year from north to south (repositioning for winter). It is a 10 day and is the only cruise I know of that stops in Monterey. This year may be the last one though if they are pulling out of the west coast.It is in Sept.

Barb

Barb...maybe not the last one...unless they move Infinity out of Alaska...because they have to get her to the East Coast...I think. Want to look into that one so hope they don't stop the cruise. I hear it is a popular cruise...even with us Californians. :D

Yes we did! It was a 12 night cruise on the Millennium last year. Our ports were: Vancouver, Nanaimo, Victoria, Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco, Monterey, Catalina, San Pedro.

Did you fly to Vanc? then fly home from San Pedro? we can probably rent a one-way from San Pedro if we were to do this - since they are taking out the RCCL ships, I am hoping they will keep this route cuz it sounds so ideal... I love Astoria! it reminds me of Lodi - we even went t the JC Penney and it was exactly how the one in Lodi was during the 50's and 60's (you are probably too young to remember) - carol

Did you fly to Vanc? then fly home from San Pedro? we can probably rent a one-way from San Pedro if we were to do this - since they are taking out the RCCL ships, I am hoping they will keep this route cuz it sounds so ideal... I love Astoria! it reminds me of Lodi - we even went t the JC Penney and it was exactly how the one in Lodi was during the 50's and 60's (you are probably too young to remember) - carol

We flew to Vancouver and then home from LAX. I am not sure if they are going to have a 12 night cruise again. I think they are now 10 night. I don't know what port(s) they may have eliminated.

We flew to Vancouver and then home from LAX. I am not sure if they are going to have a 12 night cruise again. I think they are now 10 night. I don't know what port(s) they may have eliminated.

they should increase it by two more days making it 14 nights instead of decreasing it!! carol

Yes it is southern style BBQ...serving all kinds of southern style foods...steaks, corn fritters and stuff like that.

Carol, they have beef ribs on the menu and Patrick and I normally share a full rack...there is so much food. I think the chain started in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

I actually fell in love with Astoria seeing it in "Kindergarten Cop" and "Free Willy". So on our drive from Palo Alto, CA to Redmond, WA we had to stop there for lunch. DH at that point was fed up with the Oregonian drivers so he was not too happy and we went across the famous bridge; he thankfully turned around for me...it is so quaint!

I actually fell in love with Astoria seeing it in "Kindergarten Cop" and "Free Willy". So on our drive from Palo Alto, CA to Redmond, WA we had to stop there for lunch. DH at that point was fed up with the Oregonian drivers so he was not too happy and we went across the famous bridge; he thankfully turned around for me...it is so quaint!

We loved Astoria. The people were so friendly and they really welcomed the cruise ship with open arms.

On the subject of coastal cruises, I noticed that Celebrity has two in May of 2011. The Century has an 8 day from San Diego to Vancouver and the Millennium has a 10 day from San Diego to Vancouver. Both stop in Astoria. I might have to go again.

We loved Astoria. The people were so friendly and they really welcomed the cruise ship with open arms.

On the subject of coastal cruises, I noticed that Celebrity has two in May of 2011. The Century has an 8 day from San Diego to Vancouver and the Millennium has a 10 day from San Diego to Vancouver. Both stop in Astoria. I might have to go again.

Hola! I think those coastal cruises are repositionings of the ships and normally I cannot go because of my annual conference which is a bummer. However, there should also be the reverse in September with the ships leaving Alaska.

Hola! I think those coastal cruises are repositionings of the ships and normally I cannot go because of my annual conference which is a bummer. However, there should also be the reverse in September with the ships leaving Alaska.

We did take the coastal on the Millennium last September, and loved it! :)

We did take the coastal on the Millennium last September, and loved it! :)

That sounds so ideal - however, Sept is always a bad month for us too - and the May one sounds too close to our April Voyager - but who knows?

Yes, CruisinMinnie - the folks in Astoria were very warm and hospitable - I loved the maritime museum too and all those lovely victorian houses on the hillside. Narce also bought a pair of expensive New Bal. sneakers for 50% off -- what a bargain! He is still wearing it for his daily walks - I loved the Valco drug store, so old fashion - just like the oldies they used to have around the small towns here ( as in Benicia when they had one) --

One of these days when Narce retires, maybe we can drive to Astoria too and cross that scenic bridge. Always love to look forward to pleasant thoughts like that....

carol

how do they drive? don't know cuz I was always asleep when we drove thru Or...

c.

how do they drive? don't know cuz I was always asleep when we drove thru Or...

c.

Signage says something like - slower traffic MUST move over. WELL, did anyone obey?? NOOOO ----I was taking in all of the sites because the Oregonian beaches look different from ours. BUT DEAR HUBBY was not a happy camper.

The good thing about Oregon is you cannot pump your own gas!!!!

Signage says something like - slower traffic MUST move over. WELL, did anyone obey?? NOOOO ----I was taking in all of the sites because the Oregonian beaches look different from ours. BUT DEAR HUBBY was not a happy camper.

The good thing about Oregon is you cannot pump your own gas!!!!

As I recall, NJ doesn't allow you to pump your own gas too - or at least it was like that last yr - but then You don't either right? ha!ha! no matter what state you are in--- can't help but tease you - I was like that til recently too -

I pumped gas at Costco the other day - my first time for my 2 yr old car - so I opened the tank with some lever that I forgot where it was so it took me some time to find it - then when I thought it was full, I put the pump back, drove off and the tank was only 1/2 full------- and Narce had to fill it up before we left yesterday to go to Union City to see my mom - sorry Janice, we had to get back home for dinner so all we had time for was to take her out to lunch and chat for another 2 hrs - carol

As I recall, NJ doesn't allow you to pump your own gas too - or at least it was like that last yr - but then You don't either right? ha!ha! no matter what state you are in--- can't help but tease you - I was like that til recently too -

I pumped gas at Costco the other day - my first time for my 2 yr old car - so I opened the tank with some lever that I forgot where it was so it took me some time to find it - then when I thought it was full, I put the pump back, drove off and the tank was only 1/2 full------- and Narce had to fill it up before we left yesterday to go to Union City to see my mom - sorry Janice, we had to get back home for dinner so all we had time for was to take her out to lunch and chat for another 2 hrs - carol

Carol, I know how time can be limited; don''t worry. PERHAPS next time!

No I don't pump my own gas but did one time and my hand hurt so I only put in less than half a tank...couldn't figure out how to get the handle to stay. Remember the books about real women not pumping gas and real men not eating quiche; it's like that in our family!

I can't figure out how to get the pump handle steady too - I know it's a clip but I have a hard time - I figured it out once but don't do Chevron Benicia anymore since I no longer work. When I first learned how to pump gas, I only did it there and other Chevrons - now I can at least do Safeway and last week, learned to do the Costco pumps! ha!ha! but as much as I can, i let Narce do it.

I actually am pretty good - I no longer get gas on my shoes! I do not wipe the windows tho' - carol

I can't figure out how to get the pump handle steady too - I know it's a clip but I have a hard time - I figured it out once but don't do Chevron Benicia anymore since I no longer work. When I first learned how to pump gas, I only did it there and other Chevrons - now I can at least do Safeway and last week, learned to do the Costco pumps! ha!ha! but as much as I can, i let Narce do it.

I actually am pretty good - I no longer get gas on my shoes! I do not wipe the windows tho' - carol

I use to always offer my car to Jim when it needed gas...and since it was a red Mustang GT...fully loaded he was very happy to do it...coz I never allowed anyone to drive my car unless they has special premission. ;)

The last time I pumped gas it took me so long to get it right that my credit card timed out...and I had to go inside to get the pump re-activated...then it happened again...so I drove on fumes to my DDs house and she helped me put gas in the car. :eek:

Oh my goodness... if I had to find a station that still pumps gas or wait for a family member to do it I would never be able to go anywhere.

Carol is you need lessons in gas pumping let me know. I have become an expert LOL

I also found out through my DD mistake one morning.. if you hit credit (instead of debit) it takes a few extra days for the charge to be put through your account. Now that can be helpful <G>

Barb

Oh my goodness... if I had to find a station that still pumps gas or wait for a family member to do it I would never be able to go anywhere.

Carol is you need lessons in gas pumping let me know. I have become an expert LOL

I also found out through my DD mistake one morning.. if you hit credit (instead of debit) it takes a few extra days for the charge to be put through your account. Now that can be helpful <G>

Barb

I went to Costco for the first time last week - and put in my membership card but it didn't take - the attendant said I can just put in my Amer Ex card and it worked, altho' Narce insisted that I have to put in my membership card - hmmmmmmm - worked the way I did it - I have to put gas in tomorrow - I will go to Chevron! I give the guy Cash, always never enough! ha!ha! and i also never hit FULL...

carol

We are going to miss Carol...our "Queen Bee"...have a wonderful time Carol...and if you think about it or have time :rolleyes:...send us an email letting us know how you like the Infinity.

Thank You - I will miss you all too!! I will email - they give us 90 min of internet free - x 2 so that's 1-1/2 hrs for CAROL.

see ya when we get back in two weeks! carol

Too excited - can't multiply - that's 3 hrs for carol!!! me.