NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

I will definitely let you know if I decide to 'do' the April cruise. Right now we're looking at a cruise through the Panama Canal with some friends next year, so have to get together with them to decide when. :)

and I certainly hope Judy can join us if you do decide to come with us in april instead of your feb schedule. carol

and I certainly hope Judy can join us if you do decide to come with us in april instead of your feb schedule. carol

oops = strike out FEB and put in Sept!!ha!ha ! just looked at your schedule and it's Sept, not Feb. so that means, you are 7 months earlier than us. carol

Nancy...would be so much fun if you could join us for our April 3 cruise...here is wishing...no pressure tho'. :rolleyes:

Char

It would be just great!! it'll be a lot of fun!

But first, we need to figure out when we can get together for lunch - it'll have to be during the summer sometime.

carol

Nancy...would be so much fun if you could join us for our April 3 cruise...here is wishing...no pressure tho'. :rolleyes:

Char

It would be just great!! it'll be a lot of fun!

But first, we need to figure out when we can get together for lunch - it'll have to be during the summer sometime.

carol

I did book the upcoming Mariner cruise because a group of friends and neighbors were going, so I'm not afraid of going somewhere I've been many times before...so I haven't ruled out the April Mariner cruise completely. :)

I'm currently using the computer at our clubhouse because my new computer is misbehaving. DH bought the computer with two items I've always had trouble with - cordless keyboard and cordless mouse. And guess what? The mouse is not communicating with the keyboard. In the past I've had lots of communication problems with cordless keyboards and mice. I new I should have gone with him when he went to 'look' at computers. :(

I have a hard time with NEW things in general after I get used to my old ways -

good luck - i would have not having a computer - I would be totally cut off from the world. well, I think we all feel that way- carol

I have a hard time with NEW things in general after I get used to my old ways -

good luck - i would have not having a computer - I would be totally cut off from the world. well, I think we all feel that way- carol

boy! did I screw that sentence up! I would NOT know what to do without a computer is what I wanted to say -- c.

Help! I am using our new Apple IMac for the first time! I haven't used an Apple product since our old Apple IIE. Our old Dell decided to commit suicide and our son talked DH into getting this IMac. I just need to get used to it...:eek:

On another note - we crazy folks just booked the Mariner for a cruise departing two weeks after we return from Mexico on the Sea Princess. I just couldn't wait to see the Mariner for myself. :D

I really like my mac.

At first I told Gene numerous times to take it back I was so frustrated.

To post pics etc much different.

I like IPhoto.

We paid for the extra support and I went in 3-4 times for private hour one on one support and I called Support too as needed esp in the beginning.

The best news the odds of getting a virus.

Enjoy.

Laura

Edited by Arizona Laura

Jim likes his Mac too...and so do I but I only use it occasionally for simple things. He has also used the tech support a few times but he semms to be catching on pretty good...but then he has our nephew to pick his brain.

I may buy a Mac when my computer goes out..tho' it is only three years old so still going strong.

...guys I am still trying to learn how to use my new cell phone and jim downloaded the user's guide...250 pages of it and took it to Kinkos who printed it and bound it...because he didn't want to use an entire ink cartridge to print it at home...was cheaper too...and he suprised me with it. :p Those little ten page "users quick tips" just doesn't cut it for someone like me. I do like the phone tho'.

Char

My friend is a Mac person too and what is nice is the virus feature - if you guys find it a little hard, what more of me? I know zilch - really minus zero! carol

You just spend much time learning it.

Going into the Apple store for private time was the best.

I always start out telling those Apple Support guys I am not that smart so they know.

I am still learning all the time.

Carol it would be a great hobby to take on.

Gene got me the 24 inch monitor and you would love it for the ease of reading.

If I was not working I would look spend time learning how to do banners-logos etc.

Laura

You just spend much time learning it.

Going into the Apple store for private time was the best.

I always start out telling those Apple Support guys I am not that smart so they know.

I am still learning all the time.

Carol it would be a great hobby to take on.

Gene got me the 24 inch monitor and you would love it for the ease of reading.

If I was not working I would look spend time learning how to do banners-logos etc.

Laura

and to think - 19" was considered a humongous size in those days!!... I suppose my next computer will be a mac. and then again, I need a Netbook for convenience. c.

...these boards get so weird after 11p...but I guess they need to slow them down for maintenance.

Took a nap after shopping...I forgot it is the first of the month and just before Easter...so stores were kind of crowded...and then my DDs wanted to go to Ross's and that place was really crowded :eek:...I don't go there much...but might reconsider found a couple of cute summer tops...that were Jones of NY...one of my favs.

Lisa bought two really cute purses there for her two DDs as an Easter basket...they are way too old for Easter baskets but she wanted to do it this year...so will load them up with some girly stuff and chocolate which she has already bought.

Robin bought a top and two pair of shoes...she can wear anything and it looks good on her...the brat. ;)

All in all we had a great time...love spending time with my girls.

Char

Hi all

I am back from yet another wonderful cruise on Celebrity. This one was very port intensive 8 islands in 11 days. The Souterhn Caribbean is beautiful . Our favorite island was Curacao and least favorite was Barbados.

Among our adventures were going to a lady home in Dominica and learning to cook Caribbean and then eat it. We also sailed on one of the ships used in Pirates of the Caribbean and it broke down and we have to *overtake* a party boat to get back :)

There were almost no Americans onboard this trip so we hung out with Brits and Canadians quite a bit. Although we did run into one couple from Livermore and another from San Ramon.

Hope everyone is well.

Barb

Thanks everyone for the words of support about my new computer and my decidedly limited tech ability. DS came by last night and 'fixed' the mouse/keyboard problem, but I still might buy a keyboard and mouse with a cord. Both of our sons recommended the Mac because of the limited virus problem with Apple products. Though the older I get the harder it is to learn new things. (especially in the tech field) :eek:

Hi all

I am back from yet another wonderful cruise on Celebrity. This one was very port intensive 8 islands in 11 days. The Souterhn Caribbean is beautiful . Our favorite island was Curacao and least favorite was Barbados.

Among our adventures were going to a lady home in Dominica and learning to cook Caribbean and then eat it. We also sailed on one of the ships used in Pirates of the Caribbean and it broke down and we have to *overtake* a party boat to get back :)

There were almost no Americans onboard this trip so we hung out with Brits and Canadians quite a bit. Although we did run into one couple from Livermore and another from San Ramon.

Hope everyone is well.

Barb

welcome home Barb - sounds like you had a nice time - I do not care for Barbados myself - the first time we did the island tour and that was fine but I don't need to do that again - I am happy with shopping at the shops located at the pier - I buy my curry seasoning there and love it.

Thanks for posting on this thread -

Carol

Thanks everyone for the words of support about my new computer and my decidedly limited tech ability. DS came by last night and 'fixed' the mouse/keyboard problem, but I still might buy a keyboard and mouse with a cord. Both of our sons recommended the Mac because of the limited virus problem with Apple products. Though the older I get the harder it is to learn new things. (especially in the tech field) :eek:

do you still have to purchase a virus block? like McAfee or Symantec? or is it an automatic thing with the Macs? I mean built in? And yes, the older I get, the more I want things to be like in the 60's - like cars - just put the key in and the car will turn on!! instead of these remote dealies or door locks with combinations that you have to remember - and all those PIN #'s for everything we have to deal with these days - and Passwords! ha!ha!

carol

do you still have to purchase a virus block? like McAfee or Symantec? or is it an automatic thing with the Macs? I mean built in? And yes, the older I get, the more I want things to be like in the 60's - like cars - just put the key in and the car will turn on!! instead of these remote dealies or door locks with combinations that you have to remember - and all those PIN #'s for everything we have to deal with these days - and Passwords! ha!ha!

carol

If I remember correctly from when we had a MAC you do not need virus protection. And MAC's are really simple to use. I remember how hard a PC seemed after a MAC but now it might be hard to use one. I think those brain cells died :eek:.

Barb

How was your X ship Barb? were you in Concierge class? or if you are in a suite, are you given concierge privileges?

Narce keeps asking me if X is really better than RCCL - i can't answer that but I told him I haven't come across any negative opinions yet - I am just glad that we are considered elite with X - that helps us a lot. I also signed all of us for the concierge class. carol

How was your X ship Barb? were you in Concierge class? or if you are in a suite, are you given concierge privileges?

Narce keeps asking me if X is really better than RCCL - i can't answer that but I told him I haven't come across any negative opinions yet - I am just glad that we are considered elite with X - that helps us a lot. I also signed all of us for the concierge class. carol

Hi Carol

As I have not sailed RCCL I cannot say for sure if X is better. Guess I will find out,next April. I do need to get onboard and make my reservations.

Anyway...

We booked a Royal Suite. We had all the privilegess of Elite. If you are Diamond on RCCL then you are Elite on X. There are only three tiers. I do not believe that Concierge class has all the same privileges as Elite.

Some of the reasons I have heard X is better... it is a more refined atmosphere...quieter. One announcement overhead per day at noon from the Captain.(no come to bingo etc). If it is a port day the Captain will make the announcement when you arrive and depart. If the Capt. is still Maragaritas we called him speedy Sam as we seemed to always get to our ports early. He is a also very nice as we got to meet him and do a private bridge tour with him.

Food... Jeff and I tend to stay away from the buffets. We ate breakfast in Michaels Club (Elite benefit). It is a very light contintenal breakfast.(Lox, rolls, fresh fruit,and coffee from the Cova..best coffee onboard),had room service (it is a complete beakfast menu), or the Aqua Spa. ALso try there waffles from the waffle station..very good.

For dinner we ate in the MDR or at the SS. It is their pay restaurant onboard and it has the best food I have ever had on a ship.It is 5 courses and 35.00 per person. Plan about 3 hours for dinner. You will probably be invited the dine there free the first night..take advantage of it. (we ate there three times this cruise). There is also the Aqua Spa grill back by the T pool on deck 10. They have light breakfasts and lunches. Jeff had a parfait for breakfast one mornig that he said was delicious. The same crew that runs the SS runs the Aqua Spa. Stay away from the Alternative restaurant for dinner (it is 2.00 and they are training there chefs etc. We returned our meal it was so bad and they comped it).

I will E Mail you the link to our photos,and answer any other questions you might have as I do not want to bore everyone here. <G>

Barb

thanx Barb - Narce was just asking about the specialty restuarant - sounds great - RCCL has good ones too...

Free? Specialty restuarant? cuz we are concierge class? or cuz we are elite?

sounds like a really good deal... I am printing out your post so Narce can read it cuz he keeps asking me what X has to offer. I say, it sounds real good -

Yes, we are elite and we also signed up at the conceirge level ...

I will go to the pic site ... glad you are home safely. carol

Barb...welcome back from your cruise sounds like it was great...Jim and I want to try X sometime in the future and are looking at them for our anniversary cruise in 2013...will try to squeeze one in before if we can.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Char