NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

What a beautiful day in the Bay Area. Started it with a massage then my DD and I had brunch in Berkeley. We drove up into the hills and checked out the Claremont. After that we did some shopping in Berkeley and then back home.

I know someone who is going to sleep good tonight. :D

What a difference from Wednesday when all went wrong... from opening the slider to a skunk first thing in the am.. to having the cruise cancelled later in the day. (I won't go into in between).:(

But all is well now and we even get more rain this week, but that's ok too because it will be nice on the weekend again. :)

Have a great week

Barb

What a beautiful day in the Bay Area. Started it with a massage then my DD and I had brunch in Berkeley. We drove up into the hills and checked out the Claremont. After that we did some shopping in Berkeley and then back home.

What a difference from Wednesday when all went wrong... from opening the slider to a skunk first thing in the am.. to having the cruise cancelled later in the day. (I won't go into in between).:(

But all is well now and we even get more rain this week, but that's ok too because it will be nice on the weekend again. :)

Have a great week

Barb

Barb...your day sounds wonderfulishus...=) Yes our week looked pretty glum on Wednesday...but things are working out...we will miss those who can't make it to Galveston but we will cruise with them another time.

Have a great week

Barb

Barb, my DH and I stayed at the Claremont once and I even had a wonderful spa appointment there too! What a beautiful view of SF from the Claremont: plus lunch at Jordan's is always nice too!

Where in the Bay Area are you?

Janice: I heard about the Radiance already - so no RCCL ships in So-Cal and no one has heard about substitutes for RCCL.

Barb lives about 5 or 6 miles from me.

Our day was nice too - we went to Old Sacto and strolled around. Beautiful warm weather - drive along the levee was gorgeous - lunch was at Joe's Crab Shack - outdoors and we had a nice view of the bridge that goes across to West Sac. Nice lunch - seafood...

carol

That is right no more RCCL ships in California for a whlie...I really think not until things settle down in Mexico.

I also heard that NCL may move out of LA as well. That will leave only Carnival in LA. Also Carnival is changing the itinerary for Carnival Spirit out of San Diego. No longer doing all 8 day cruises down to Acapulco but will now do mixed length cruises...4,5,6,8 etc.

So I don't think we are going to have much choice for the west coast for some time. :(

Couldn't they do some PNW cruises out of LA...I would book one of those. =)

That is right no more RCCL ships in California for a whlie...I really think not until things settle down in Mexico.

I also heard that NCL may move out of LA as well. That will leave only Carnival in LA. Also Carnival is changing the itinerary for Carnival Spirit out of San Diego. No longer doing all 8 day cruises down to Acapulco but will now do mixed length cruises...4,5,6,8 etc.

So I don't think we are going to have much choice for the west coast for some time. :(

especially if it leaves from SF -- love going up to Astoria, Seattle, etc... carol

Char, USA TODAY has a wonderful travel blog and it has already been announced that NCL is leaving in 2011 and that Carnival is also pulling a ship out of San Diego too...

All of this reminds me of Jamaica way back when.

especially if it leaves from SF -- love going up to Astoria, Seattle, etc... carol

Carol, I would love it if we could go up to Vancouver/Victoria too. I LOVE CANADA! Sadly our dollar has lost value up north but oh well...I don't need to buy more jewelry.

Char, USA TODAY has a wonderful travel blog and it has already been announced that NCL is leaving in 2011 and that Carnival is also pulling a ship out of San Diego too...

All of this reminds me of Jamaica way back when.

I know...and sad too isn't it? But I believe they will all come back even if to just do all PNW sailings.

I know...and sad too isn't it? But I believe they will all come back even if to just do all PNW sailings.

I know that Patrick and I would personally love more opportunities to do a PNW itinerary. I know that it won't be the warmest in terms of lounging but I really don't do that anymore.

My dream itinerary would be sailing out of San Diego to Catalina, Monterey, San Francisco, Astoria, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria and perhaps another Canadian port of call. I love all of my Canadian friends!

Janice: I heard about the Radiance already - so no RCCL ships in So-Cal and no one has heard about substitutes for RCCL.

Barb lives about 5 or 6 miles from me.

Our day was nice too - we went to Old Sacto and strolled around. Beautiful warm weather - drive along the levee was gorgeous - lunch was at Joe's Crab Shack - outdoors and we had a nice view of the bridge that goes across to West Sac. Nice lunch - seafood...

carol

Carol, both my parents were born in Sacramento and my mom talks often about growing up there and learning how to swim in the river...and I cannot swim!

Char mentioned Joe's Crab Shack which I know is a chain but haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet! FYI, if you are in Lincoln you have to try Lucille's (another chain)!

Janice is right, we are the ones with the long coast line and RCCL is leaving? not right...

I would love to do SF, Monterey (and ships use to stop there), San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada (only cuz it as to go to a foreign port)... and also up north to Vancouver - stopping at my favorite Astoria and Seattle!!

Well, I believe one of these days, we will get our wish.

carol

Carol, both my parents were born in Sacramento and my mom talks often about growing up there and learning how to swim in the river...and I cannot swim!

Char mentioned Joe's Crab Shack which I know is a chain but haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet! FYI, if you are in Lincoln you have to try Lucille's (another chain)!

I mentioned going to Joe's Crab Shack to my friend Patty and she had to try it and liked it - they are in NJ so they went to one of those locations.

I will have to try Lucille's - see if they have a website.

How did your parents end up in the east bay? Remember, I grew up in Isleton - and I do not swim either - and the river was just a couple of blocks from my house!ha!ha! carol

Joe's Crab Shack I think will be a fun place for a lunch get together...lively and spacious. When we sailed with Big Dave's Cupids-1 we had our night before cruising at JCS...it was so much fun because they are so casual and friendly...and we all will definately have to get one of those "I got crabs" t-shirts. ;)

Janice...we have eaten at Lucille's several times...great place and food...that is where I had my first mint julep...OMG my opinion of "southern ladies" has certainly gained new respect...that was a very strong drink...YUM.

060413_derbyJulep_vmed_8a.widec.jpg

I'll have to look it up, Lucille's - is it a southern type of place? I am reading the Miss Julia series of books and it takes place in the south and MIss Julia is a proper southern lady.

I have a crab something tshirt but it's from Massachusetts - love their seafood there too - most esp the calamari!

Joe's Crab Shack is definitely a party atmosphere - love the outdoor patio and the view from there. You can set up a gathering Miss Char and we will be there!

What's good about that area is the shops, the atmosphere, easy parking - we park at the Mall across - oh yeah, a MALL for those who want to shop too!!

carol

Carol...yes Lucille's is a southern style place and has great ambience...love it there. The portions are large tho'...they have a delicious corn chowder that I like...and of course those mint juleps. LOL

Carol...yes Lucille's is a southern style place and has great ambience...love it there. The portions are large tho'...they have a delicious corn chowder that I like...and of course those mint juleps. LOL

i looked it up and I got the site that said it's a BBQ place. Maybe it's not the right website. or is it the BBQ place?

carol

i looked it up and I got the site that said it's a BBQ place. Maybe it's not the right website. or is it the BBQ place? carol

Yes it is southern style BBQ...serving all kinds of southern style foods...steaks, corn fritters and stuff like that.

Yes it is southern style BBQ...serving all kinds of southern style foods...steaks, corn fritters and stuff like that.

sounds like Narce has been there with his proj guys on a business trip near Rocklin. Making me hungry already!!

carol

Janice is right, we are the ones with the long coast line and RCCL is leaving? not right...

I would love to do SF, Monterey (and ships use to stop there), San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada (only cuz it as to go to a foreign port)... and also up north to Vancouver - stopping at my favorite Astoria and Seattle!!

Well, I believe one of these days, we will get our wish.

carol

There is only one cruise I know of like that and it is the Infinity (ha ha Carol)

West Coast Wine Tour. Celebrity does it once a year from north to south (repositioning for winter). It is a 10 day and is the only cruise I know of that stops in Monterey. This year may be the last one though if they are pulling out of the west coast.It is in Sept.

Barb

There is only one cruise I know of like that and it is the Infinity (ha ha Carol)

West Coast Wine Tour. Celebrity does it once a year from north to south (repositioning for winter). It is a 10 day and is the only cruise I know of that stops in Monterey. This year may be the last one though if they are pulling out of the west coast.It is in Sept.

Barb

CruisinMinnie did that...

and also my friends from NJ are doing this cruise in Sept - I will meet them when they do their stopover in SF.. carol