NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Hey Barb - nice lunch today, but the company was the best - we need to share another meal together!!

loved the CP - used to borrow our friend's VIP pass and we would get free parking and also be able to go downstairs under the stage to eat & relax a bit because it was never crowded there - never did meet up with any of the entertainers but that's ok, we didn't have to fight the crowds when it came to buying food or using the restroom. really miss "those days" - and I always had to sit 2nd or 3rd row from the stage so I could see their eyes! ha!ha! those were the days........

Oh - there was something wrong with my computer's connection to Comcast - guess when they were fixing problems in our area, my connection didn't do what it was suppose to do - so they brought me a new modem and I am now fine!

had to clean my computer room so the guy wouldn't think I am a total slob - just a partial one!! carol

Hi Carol

Yes the company at lunch was great. I really enjoyed it also. We do need to do another one. Let me know when your busy schedule allows for it.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the old CP. I once got to sit in the sound booth at the Curran theather in SF and see My Fair Lady.That wa a very interesting evening. :)

Glad to see the computer is back up an running.

Barb

I am trying to get Glenda and Jill to join us - maybe we can go to Tracy on a weekday = jill is fine, still need to hear from Glenda.

I feel so much better now that I am back on line - !! carol

I am trying to get Glenda and Jill to join us - maybe we can go to Tracy on a weekday = jill is fine, still need to hear from Glenda.

I feel so much better now that I am back on line - !! carol

That would be a fun lunch :)

Count me in...Jim would have to drive me tho' coz I don't drive that far away...he can go shopping or something.

Count me in...Jim would have to drive me tho' coz I don't drive that far away...he can go shopping or something.

Cool - it would be on a weekday so it'll be all the gals -- heehee!! but if he came, he'd have fun and enjoy our company. c.

Hello, everyone. I'm pleased to see that there is a thread for Northern Californians.

On the M&M thread for my last cruise, four of us found out that we

lived within five miles of each other. Two weeks before the cruise we all met for dinner along with our SO's.

This is the first time I two future cruises to look forward to. Has anyone else sailed on Disney?

This is the first time I two future cruises to look forward to. Has anyone else sailed on Disney?

We went on the Disney Magic in 2005. Alaska on the DW will be great. We hadn't been to DL in a long time so all the characters and music is fine for us. You need to hit the Disney board. Tons of info there. :)

Hello, everyone. I'm pleased to see that there is a thread for Northern Californians.

On the M&M thread for my last cruise, four of us found out that we

lived within five miles of each other. Two weeks before the cruise we all met for dinner along with our SO's.

No Disney for me but my cousin and his 3 kids were on a Disney cruise and they loved it - been on all the RCCL ships you were on, except for the Rhapsody - we sail mainly on RCCL, once on Princess and once on Celebrity... I am glad you found this thread -

isn't that a nice surprise? being on a cruise with people who live near you -- we have met a lot of nice folks from CA on cruises and also on CC -

carol

We went on the Disney Magic in 2005. Alaska on the DW will be great. We hadn't been to DL in a long time so all the characters and music is fine for us. You need to hit the Disney board. Tons of info there. :)

Hello - glad you found us too - we need to have a good group of Nor-Cal Chit Chat Cruisers on this thread!! carol

HI ALL

Well I am beginning to think this unemployment thing is going to kill me...... I may have to find a job to relax ;)

Monday I finished painting my bedroom.

I spent two days cleaning up the yard.. sweeping moving the table,weeding etc. I also put up a pool for Sascha...she goes in and I stick my feet in while I read. :) That is the one good thing about being off...I have caught up on my reading.

There is always yard work at my house.

Does anyone else remember how the women in the 50's had a schedule...

I know at our house

Monday was laundry (with the old wringer washing machine)

Tuesday was ironing (no steam we sprinkled them with a bottle)

and that is all I can remember...except for Mom listening to soaps (Ma Perkins) on the radio while the beds were made.

The weather here has been absolutely wonderful.

Hope everyone is doing well

Barb

HI ALL

Well I am beginning to think this unemployment thing is going to kill me...... I may have to find a job to relax ;)

Monday I finished painting my bedroom.

I spent two days cleaning up the yard.. sweeping moving the table,weeding etc. I also put up a pool for Sascha...she goes in and I stick my feet in while I read. :) That is the one good thing about being off...I have caught up on my reading.

There is always yard work at my house.

Does anyone else remember how the women in the 50's had a schedule...

I know at our house

Monday was laundry (with the old wringer washing machine)

Tuesday was ironing (no steam we sprinkled them with a bottle)

and that is all I can remember...except for Mom listening to soaps (Ma Perkins) on the radio while the beds were made.

The weather here has been absolutely wonderful.

Hope everyone is doing well

Barb

I don't remember if my Mom had a schedule but I remember washing and ironing my high school gym outfits every weekend so that it would be fresh every Monday - I had two, so I could change in midweek also. We had a wringer Maytag - we had to put starch - it was blue - and also sprinkled with a bottle, roll, place in a laundry basket then iron.

we also had a line in our backyard where we hung our clothes with clothes pins, a pull thing that went across our yard.

and we had wooden floors - and a nice black and white console tv.

Barb - I have been so busy since we met for lunch - wish I had to time to read my book - been reading Ann B Ross - the Miss Julia series - she's a hoot.

carol

I have read one book titled *the Maze* which I passed off to my GF. I also read a couple of odd books I found at Big Lots about an Espiscopalian minister.(novels)

I am off to my GF's today to pick her peaches. I promised her I would make her a peach pie if she would share <G>

Take care and get some reading in...I know you are leaving on a trip soon so if I don't talk to you have a great time.

Barb

I have read one book titled *the Maze* which I passed off to my GF. I also read a couple of odd books I found at Big Lots about an Espiscopalian minister.(novels)

I am off to my GF's today to pick her peaches. I promised her I would make her a peach pie if she would share <G>

Take care and get some reading in...I know you are leaving on a trip soon so if I don't talk to you have a great time.

Barb

Are those books about the minister by Jan Karon? the father tim series?

I vegged out today - today is a full day with Narce and Sat too, cuz we plan to go to the Walnut Grove area - then on Sunday we are going to treat the nieces/nephews and their spouses to oyster in the Pt Reyes area. Guess auntie Carol will be cooking cuz we can't just have oysters... baking too - there will be 10 of us and two little boys - should be fun. carol

Are those books about the minister by Jan Karon? the father tim series?

I vegged out today - today is a full day with Narce and Sat too, cuz we plan to go to the Walnut Grove area - then on Sunday we are going to treat the nieces/nephews and their spouses to oyster in the Pt Reyes area. Guess auntie Carol will be cooking cuz we can't just have oysters... baking too - there will be 10 of us and two little boys - should be fun. carol

Hi Carol

Yes they are the father Tim series by Karon. I really enjoyed the 2 of them that I read.

Sounds like a usual you are busy. I did pick the peaches and grapes and made my GF a homemade peach pie. She called me Suzy home maker LOL

Have a great weekend

Barb

Hi Carol

Yes they are the father Tim series by Karon. I really enjoyed the 2 of them that I read.

Sounds like a usual you are busy. I did pick the peaches and grapes and made my GF a homemade peach pie. She called me Suzy home maker LOL

Have a great weekend

Barb

I have all the books for that series - so if you ever want to read them, let me know - my girlfriend says it's the dullest series and she got me started on the Miss Julia ones but I love the simple stories of Fr Tim and his town - easy, relaxing - and his fiance, who became his wife... I also like the Maisie Dobbs series.

Pies I cannot make - can't make a good crust - my Mom was an excellent pie maker - love the ones that are peach and blueberry combo - from a place in Lodi called Philipps Farm -yum... it's also a wine tasting place and they serve breakfast and lunch.

well, off to cook for tomorrow's picnic - carol

I have all the books for that series - so if you ever want to read them, let me know - my girlfriend says it's the dullest series and she got me started on the Miss Julia ones but I love the simple stories of Fr Tim and his town - easy, relaxing - and his fiance, who became his wife... I also like the Maisie Dobbs series.

Pies I cannot make - can't make a good crust - my Mom was an excellent pie maker - love the ones that are peach and blueberry combo - from a place in Lodi called Philipps Farm -yum... it's also a wine tasting place and they serve breakfast and lunch.

well, off to cook for tomorrow's picnic - carol

Hi Carol I would love to read the rest of the series of Father Tim.

Let me know and I will get together with you and get them.

I still do my pies and crusts out of my OLD Betty Crocker cookbook which is held together with duct tape. LOL

We like the pies from Tracella farms.They also sometimes have a good banana nut bread although they did not have it the last time I went there a couple of weeks ago.

We did go down to the Antioch Farmers market a couple of sundays but it is the same every week. I bought some breads from a girl named Michelle but they are too dry.

Yesterday my son took me to El Puelbo market in Pittsburg and we had tacos and tamales last night.They really have some nice produce and meats there.

WellI had better get moving around here. Have fun with your picnic :)

Barb

Been inside El Pueblo twice and love it - sometimes we just go to the grilled chicken part and buy chicken -

love their tamales too -

I'll get together with you after my vacation and you can read those Fr Tim books cuz it'll be awhile before I can read them - I have read 2 so far - printing is so small that I have a hard time, but I can still see the words - I just have to take my time.

The ride to Inverness/Drakes Oyster Farm and picnic area near there was beautiful today - nephew and his new bride of 2 months rode with us and we met up with his sister, brother, their spouses and and their cousin and his wife plus two five yr old kids -

The oysters were so sweet cuz of being fresh - lots of food brought and shared by everyone - lots of laffs and stories - so much fun and so good for me and hubby to be with these young people - we are lucky they also seem to enjoy being with us.

now it's serious packing time and doing things around the house before we leave.

carol

So this is the Northern California thread nice I'm Yvonne from San Jose and boy am I happy we live in this part of the US. I'm reading post from some of our friends across the US and the weather is pretty hot out there. Nebraska friends said its 112 today and Kansas is 109. Even though it has been colder than usual its better than 100.

We are preparing for our next cruise to the Western Caribbean in 2 weeks. Visiting Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. These are all new ports for us. Also cruising out of Miami is new too.

Carol the closest to Antioch we get is Discovery Bay where our son and his wife live. We love the Discovery Bay area it is so open, very different from living in such a big city as San Jose.

I work in the car business and my husband works as a Sr. Sales manager for a contract manufacturer. We have 4 children the youngest are 20 yr old twin boys.

So that's us I hope to get to know you all, there is nothing like friends that cruise together. :)

So this is the Northern California thread nice I'm Yvonne from San Jose and boy am I happy we live in this part of the US. I'm reading post from some of our friends across the US and the weather is pretty hot out there. Nebraska friends said its 112 today and Kansas is 109. Even though it has been colder than usual its better than 100.

We are preparing for our next cruise to the Western Caribbean in 2 weeks. Visiting Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. These are all new ports for us. Also cruising out of Miami is new too.

Carol the closest to Antioch we get is Discovery Bay where our son and his wife live. We love the Discovery Bay area it is so open, very different from living in such a big city as San Jose.

I work in the car business and my husband works as a Sr. Sales manager for a contract manufacturer. We have 4 children the youngest are 20 yr old twin boys.

So that's us I hope to get to know you all, there is nothing like friends that cruise together. :)

Sanjosegal...welcome to the Nor Cal thread too...wonderful group here you will have fun and meet lots of great cruisers.

I am Char and hubby is Jim we live in Fresno which is dead center of CA but are considered Nor Cal...must be the further most southern border of Nor Cal. LOL

We will be doing your same W.Caribbean itinerary on April 3, 2011 out of Galveston on Voyager of the Seas. We will be cruising with a group that we have sailed with before and really hit it off that will be our second cruise together but will definately do more in the future.

Our next cruise coming up is in five weeks to Alaska on Sapphire Princess...we will be going with two other couples.

Edited by roudy1

Yvonne:

Maybe you can come with us - me, Roudy1, and Toothfairy- on april 2011 - we are going to Belize, Cozumel and Roatan -

I have never been to Belize and Roatan so I am excited and looking forward to it very much -

You can fill us in on your adventures there when you get back.

so glad you found this thread - geared for us Nor-Cal folks...

Yes, Disco Bay is a nice area - only to their Safeway there once in a while on our way home from Stockton.

carol

Hi Yvonne,

My family lives 20 miles north in Union City. (I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life.) My wife and I have a 9 year-old daughter.

I have worked in product management for a large company ... but my department is being eliminated next month. :( So I am hunting for a new job.

Hi Yvonne,

My family lives 20 miles north in Union City. (I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life.) My wife and I have a 9 year-old daughter.

I have worked in product management for a large company ... but my department is being eliminated next month. :( So I am hunting for a new job.

Sorry to hear that - we go to Union City to visit my Mom who is in a home care facility there - quite a drive from Antioch especially when there's lots of traffic -

Good luck in your getting a new job.

Carol

Hi Yvonne,

Sorry to hear about your job...hope you find another one soon.