NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Hi Yvonne,

My family lives 20 miles north in Union City. (I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life.) My wife and I have a 9 year-old daughter.

I have worked in product management for a large company ... but my department is being eliminated next month. :( So I am hunting for a new job.

aunursa what a drag when is this dang economy going to pick up. A few of our friends that had been layed off are finding jobs finally so if it had to happen hopefully you can bounce back quick. I probably don't need to tell you this but network, network.

As for Union City, my daughter-inlaws family live in Union City.

I too was born and raised in the Bay Area as was by husband. That's pretty rare these days I really love living here you can't beat the weather. I also love being able to drive to the beach in 45 minutes, Yosemite in a few hours, or sking at one of the many ski resorts within a few hours.

Time to get off work so have a good evening my fellow California friends.

it's hot and breezy here = was out watering our shrubs and it was really hot - loved getting wet too -

Maybe San Jose isn't as bad as it is out here --

Carol

This is the coldest summer on record for our area. Its been under 80 everyday in San Jose freezing cold near the coast.

This is the coldest summer on record for our area. Its been under 80 everyday in San Jose freezing cold near the coast.

Last month it was so hot here in Antioch that we went to So. SF for dinner with my cousins - it must have been 94 here at the time and when we got to SF, it was 54 degrees!! I was FREEZING!! ha!ha! hubby said, enjoy it, cuz when we get back home, we will be melting!!

carol

I too was born and raised in the Bay Area as was by husband. That's pretty rare these days I really love living here you can't beat the weather.

My wife and I grew up in the same town 3 miles apart. We went to rival high schools. My brother and her sister were friends in high school, but we didn't meet each other until ten years later.

Nice to grow up in the bay area - I grew up in Isleton/Rio Vista area - I appreciate it more now that I have been away for all these years - the drive along the levee along the Sacramento/San Joaquin rivers is so pretty.

Toothfairy Barb: when you check in - i'll be in Honolulu - finally got a sandwich at Panera's and it was very good - however, I like Rick's on 2nd better.

chat with you all when I get back. Carol

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone; I'm checking in for the first time. We're a little northeast of Sacramento (anyone hear of Rocklin?). We'll be on our fourth cruise in February, celebrating our 25th anniversary.

Welcome to this thread - yes, I know where Rocklin is located - used to deal with Formica Corp when it was located there. Congrats on your 25th anniversary - where will you be cruisin' to? visit us often here! love to hear from you - Carol

Ordered Formica for our company ofr 38 yrs!! ha!ha! I started working at 5 yrs old -- if you can believe that! anyway, don't know if Formica is still there - so many changes...

what ship will you be on? we are doing the MR on Oct 24th on the Mariner of the Seas as a farewell since she is leaving this Jan - we did the inaugural on her last Feb 2009.

just got back from Hawaii so I am still 'slow' - here at home - not wanting to do anything ... carol

Sorry I have been away for so long..really been doing a lot here around the old house.

Tonight of course I have been glued to the TV...I am hoping all are well and that no one has been affected by the terrible devastion in San Bruno.

I have a SIL in that area but all is OK

Barb

Just got home from spending time in Fresno with Narce since Fri - my cousins = two of them - have houses on Clarement AVe - street they kept showing on the diagram on TV. They are all fine - evacuated to my aunt's - also in San bruno but she didn't have power so they went to the other brother, in San Bruno, too, but not near the fire area. It was scarey when I flipped on the TV and saw it then they announced the area and I freaked out! Have heard from them and they are all fine - since I've been gone, still don't know about their houses tho'.

Barb - sounds like you are busy =

carol

I don't believe Formica is around any more. We'll be on the Splendor. Here's hoping I don't get lost on the thing. (Hmmm, trying to make my font a little bigger...?)

I like to use #4 - slightly bigger - you will have a great time - never been on Carnival - can't wait to hear all about it.

I'll be on a Mex Riv cruise next month, so I guess I'll be telling you about mind first.

carol

Hi There,

I live right past SFO in Millbrae. Happily Californian, born & bred!

I'll be taking my first cruise July 2011 but hanging out on CC getting knowledge and enjoying everyones postings.

I am so looking forward to sail away, I will have an umbrella drink for sure! I just can't wait!

Thanks!

Suzmarie :D

Hi There,

I live right past SFO in Millbrae. Happily Californian, born & bred!

I'll be taking my first cruise July 2011 but hanging out on CC getting knowledge and enjoying everyones postings.

I am so looking forward to sail away, I will have an umbrella drink for sure! I just can't wait!

Thanks!

Suzmarie :D

Welcome Suzmarie - I guess you and 4cees will be on the Splendor - not at the same time - can't wait to hear all about it from you two. First cruise!! how exciting - i know you will be hooked - born and raised here in CA too - but I was born in Lodi and grew up in Isleton/Rio Vista and then we moved to Antioch after high school grad. Most of my relatives live in SF - and some moved to San Bruno, and that's how they got involved in that awful fire - but they are all fine - two houses actually on the street that they wouldn't let owners return to for a while...

visit us often here and chat - I can already see that drink in your hand!! carol

The fire was so awful! I am so sad for the people involved, very upset about PG&E trying to cover their tracks. What a sad story! We just found out 2 people at my work lost their homes! : - (

I got plenty of smoke though!

Anyway thanks for making me welcome! I know I posted early but you never know some last minute opportunity for a cruise this year might happen. Keeping the options open.

:D

The fire was so awful! I am so sad for the people involved, very upset about PG&E trying to cover their tracks. What a sad story! We just found out 2 people at my work lost their homes! : - (

I got plenty of smoke though!

Anyway thanks for making me welcome! I know I posted early but you never know some last minute opportunity for a cruise this year might happen. Keeping the options open.

:D

Yes, I am glad my cousins and their families are ok - I know there's a lot of damages to their houses, but mainly, they are physically ok - they are the families who are in hotels right now.

I am so sad for those who lost their lives.

Never too early to post about your cruise - we have one for april 2011 with an active roll call - actually, we are old friends who are going to be on that cruise together - then I have my Nov 2011 cruise with another very active roll call - again, a reunion cruise with my East Coast Gang friends, 3rd reunion cruise for us - cruise folks are very nice and friendly!!

Glad you are far enough that you were not involved in the fire----- sorry for your co-workers who lost their homes.

carol

Carol, I'm glad your family is okay; what is the damage to their homes?

Suzmarie, how are your coworkers doing? That is so sad. I wish there was something I could do, but other than maybe red cross donations, i feel lost in knowing what to do. Is there anyway we could help them?

Moving on to a cheerier theme. Suzmarie, you're on the Splendor! Nice. This will be our first time on the Splendor. We took the same MR itinerary on Princess 3 years ago. That was a fun cruise. Someday, we'll bite the bullet and head east and do the carribbean. :) I think this is a great site; you'll get a lot of useful info.

I really enjoyed our port time last time, and this time I'm gonna shake it up a bit and do some different things. Should be fun!

Okay, I need a little help. 1) How do I make the font bigger? 2) How do I put a count down meter on? :)

Carol, I'm glad your family is okay; what is the damage to their homes?

Suzmarie, how are your coworkers doing? That is so sad. I wish there was something I could do, but other than maybe red cross donations, i feel lost in knowing what to do. Is there anyway we could help them?

Moving on to a cheerier theme. Suzmarie, you're on the Splendor! Nice. This will be our first time on the Splendor. We took the same MR itinerary on Princess 3 years ago. That was a fun cruise. Someday, we'll bite the bullet and head east and do the carribbean. :) I think this is a great site; you'll get a lot of useful info.

I really enjoyed our port time last time, and this time I'm gonna shake it up a bit and do some different things. Should be fun!

Okay, I need a little help. 1) How do I make the font bigger? 2) How do I put a count down meter on? :)

Have no clue about the count down meter but I have so many things on my sig line that I better not add any more -

for the font - as you are on the reply block, go up on the very first white blank line and that is the type of print - which is fine, no matter what it is, yours is ok - but go to the next blank white line and that is where you will put in a #... which indicates the size of the font you want, this is #4 for me... click on the arrow that points down, it's a grey block, and when you click on it, it'll show the #'s - #3 or #4 are what I use - then on the Capital A letter, you click on that, and you can change colors.

I use large fonts cuz I had a retina detachment 2 yrs ago on my right eye so larger font helps me read more comfortably altho' I am fine with the small font that folks normally use.

My cousins are probably bush with their jobs, families and trying to get back into their homes - I asked them what I can do to help but no answer - I know they will tell me if they need anything.

Thank You for your offer to help - so nice and very generous of you -

I hope you can go on a Caribbean cruise - sailing from Miami or NJ is fun - in April we will sail from Galveston, a new port for us - I have never been to Galveston so I am excited to explore the place. WE will be going with a group that is so much fun - interested? carol

I hope you can go on a Caribbean cruise - sailing from Miami or NJ is fun - in April we will sail from Galveston, a new port for us - I have never been to Galveston so I am excited to explore the place. WE will be going with a group that is so much fun - interested? carol

I will be particularly interested in hearing about your experience in Galveston, since I'll be sailing from there later next year.

I will be particularly interested in hearing about your experience in Galveston, since I'll be sailing from there later next year.

I see that = Nov 2011 - I will be on the Mariner next month.

I'll have to check your itnry against my Silhouette one for Nov 18 2011 - maybe there will be some islands where both ships will be docked...

carol