NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Sure missing Carol...and hope she is having a great time...looks like she will miss rain in each port by one day...hope it stays that way.

I do miss seeing Carol's posts. Hope she is enjoying her cruise. But of course she is, it's Carol we're talking about. :D

Mornin' Nor Cal Buddies...

Happy Friday to everyone...beautiful day here and should be a nice week-end...not too hot or too cold.

Carol should be getting ready to disembark in Vancover this morning...sure happy to have her home.

• 2 weeks later...
back from our AK cruise - will try to get back into my posting routine soon -- carol

I was worried when we had not heard from you...glad you are home safely :)

Had a great time in Vegasthis past weekend.. took April as a late BD present and also it was her first time so we had a BLAST..... my feet do not like me much right now though<G>

Barb

I was worried when we had not heard from you...glad you are home safely :)

Had a great time in Vegasthis past weekend.. took April as a late BD present and also it was her first time so we had a BLAST..... my feet do not like me much right now though<G>

Barb

had a great time, didn't like the INfinity tho' - I am sure it was nice when it was new, but it didn't impress me... needs to be redone big time. Loved everything else - service, food, crew, staff -

loved the hot choc's being offered when we got back from the ports... loved the chowder in the bread bowls (good size too)that they passed around while sailing thru the glacier - all staff were so helpful and friendly -

even the photo people were cute and usually I hate them cuz they are so persistent with taking your pics - they knew how to handle me!! heehee! I even ended up buying a Package deal of buying 8x 10 of our photo's - I have never done that but like I said, they were pretty good in selling me that. don't mind - I liked my pics for the first time.

anyway, I had more plus's than minus's -- but yes, sad cuz the ship is worn out -

I am looking forward to our next Celebrity experience!

Happy Birthday to April and many more!! carol

Hello NOR CAL Buddies...

We have had a busy week starting last Wednesday with cmpany coming in and a HS grad on Thursday night a BD party on Sunday...company left Monday morning...then we went out to dinner with our daughter Robin and her husband had a great time...good food and good company.

Carol...happy that you are back and sorry that you were disappointed in the Infinity. Me too I can hardly wait to see the Shilouette next year. =)

Happy Wednesday to everyone.

Yes, Char, it's good to be back home - we are busy too and I love it, means I get to see and be with friends and family who mean a lot to me.

The Infinity wasn't what I expected but I sure admired her while she was docked - she is a beautiful ship when you look at her from afar - long, and really a huge ship... love the deep navy blue color that she has. The service was great -

Hey Toothfairy - CruisinMinnie - Janice - and my long lost friend Frank of Manteca... hope you are all doing good...

carol

Yes, Char, it's good to be back home - we are busy too and I love it, means I get to see and be with friends and family who mean a lot to me.

The Infinity wasn't what I expected but I sure admired her while she was docked - she is a beautiful ship when you look at her from afar - long, and really a huge ship... love the deep navy blue color that she has. The service was great -

Hey Toothfairy - CruisinMinnie - Janice - and my long lost friend Frank of Manteca... hope you are all doing good...

carol

Hello dear Carol et all!

Hope you are having a wonderful week...I know so many of you are retired and I am envious! That pot of gold is still somewhere...hope you have fun weekend plans. I am spending Saturday with a dear friend also named CAROL. It is our annual girl's outing to 888 Brannan in the CITY (San Francisco) for the sample sale!

Ciao bellas!

Hello dear Carol et all!

Hope you are having a wonderful week...I know so many of you are retired and I am envious! That pot of gold is still somewhere...hope you have fun weekend plans. I am spending Saturday with a dear friend also named CAROL. It is our annual girl's outing to 888 Brannan in the CITY (San Francisco) for the sample sale!

Ciao bellas!

why is that street familiar with me?

we used to be able to go to the jewelry wholesalers -- is that the street? I am forgetful!! ha!ha!

our weekend will be full again - you guys have fun too! carol

why is that street familiar with me?

we used to be able to go to the jewelry wholesalers -- is that the street? I am forgetful!! ha!ha!

our weekend will be full again - you guys have fun too! carol

Carol, yes it is the jewelry wholesale place: it was the SAMPLE SALE. It is really sad how the economy has impacted this event. There wereless vendors, less customers and less samples.

However, I did have a great time with my friend Carol plus the weather was perfect! No clouds at all in San Francisco plus is was really warm too!

If I remember correctly a freind of mine in Sacramento use to go to the sample sale in SF...I never could get away for that. They have all kinds of merchandise don't they or is it just jewelry? Sure would be a fun thing to do.

Good morning to my N Calif friends. Thank you Carol for alerting me to your new Thread, will subscribe to this thread immediately.

Gay

Gay - this is NOT the thread I was telling you about -- go back to the Friends forum - click on Cruisers from CA and then under that are 3 subthreads - one of them is the birthday/anniv one -- I just posted for Cpt Sticky... thanx... see you there - Carol

Hi Corkey!

Just returned from my Alaska cruise yesterday and we really did have a great time, It was fantastic spending some one-on-one time with my daughter. The Infinity, well, not so much, especially compared with the last time we were on board in September.(wonderful) If you want, go to our roll call to read a few of my thoughts - June 11th, 2010.

Melody:D

Hi Corkey!

Just returned from my Alaska cruise yesterday and we really did have a great time, It was fantastic spending some one-on-one time with my daughter. The Infinity, well, not so much, especially compared with the last time we were on board in September.(wonderful) If you want, go to our roll call to read a few of my thoughts - June 11th, 2010.

Melody:D

I read your post -

I did not like the Infinity - too worn out - but I loved Celebrity's service, staff, personnel; our waiters were the best - food on the ship was good - I love the OceanView, the Grill, all the special stations for breakfast, Asian, deli, salads, pizza, ok - need i say more about the food ? ha!ha! just did not care for the Specialty restaurant too much - we were treated by our friends so it's not like I wasted my $35 per person but I didn't like their food as much as RCCL's Portofino and Chops -- oh! I did write a comment on this thread = to Toothfairy - go back - June 2 on this thread.

will I go on Infinity again even after being redone? probably not - I am not that crazy about the layout. But I am looking forward to the Silhouette - you will be on her before me - I will continue to sail on Celebrity - I think the folks are so helpful and a tad more formal than RCCL folks -

we loved our room steward - I didn't like paying the gratuities upfront - didn't realize I could adjust toward the end- we gave extras to those who really served us well - but the main waiter, he came by once - he did not deserve the amt that was put aside for him - we would have given but not that much - also, there was a category for "OTHERS" - ????

When we ate at the casual dining and specialty places, we tipped way over the expected amt. If OTHERS meant our servers in the Ocean View or the ones in the Cova Cafe, than fine - carol

• 3 weeks later...

Where'd everybody go???

Carol, sorry to hear you didn't like the Infinity. I heard that she was just renovated but maybe not. My cousin just brought her entire family on her to Alaska last week and they all just loved it! She was my first ship I sailed on so I'm a little partial! I love her and the Millie, their size is perfect and I thought they were easy to navigate because of that! Now the Paradise was about the same size but that was crazy to figure out! The Mariner is okay as far as I love the Promenade but the rest is a lot of walking that I have a hard time with! And, our cruise in January will be a test for me as we're on the aft this time and not on the bulge. I don't think I would like anything bigger than the Mariner, too many people and too much walking! Oh, well, just thought I would stop by to say 'hi', but no one's been here in a while so I hope someone reads this! ;)

Hi Glenda: Miss you....... glad you found us - of course, I am all over !! ha!ha!

Well, I am sure the Infinity is a fine ship, it's just "MY" opinion - the Millie is the one that got revamped and I am not sure if the Connie will be or has been - the Infinity will be revamped soon, I heard.

On RCCL, my favorite is the Radiance class - it's probably a tad larger than the Infinity but smaller than the Voyager class.

I saw you found the Ca thread too - and of course, we miss you on the M & M Clubhouse, which the link is on my signature -

The Buddy Dog thread is cute too- with pics of the Dog from Louisiana - I was able to bring her on my Infinity cruise - he got very cold! a pic is on the Buddy thread.

HOpe all is ok with you and your family - we are the same -

I hate it that we got separated on the Mariner cruise! we are still on the Voyager for April 3 2011 - and Narce and I will be on the Mariner as our good by on Oct 24 2010....looking forward to that just to be on a ship -

Glenda - would you be interested in a new Celebrity ship? the Silouette? Nov 18 2011 -- we love Celebrity's service - in fact, Narce just said the other day that if we are going back to AK, to go on an X ship - food was good - staff great -

love your pic with the "GALs" - glad you had a blast!

carol

Where'd everybody go???

Carol, sorry to hear you didn't like the Infinity. I heard that she was just renovated but maybe not. My cousin just brought her entire family on her to Alaska last week and they all just loved it! She was my first ship I sailed on so I'm a little partial! I love her and the Millie, their size is perfect and I thought they were easy to navigate because of that! Now the Paradise was about the same size but that was crazy to figure out! The Mariner is okay as far as I love the Promenade but the rest is a lot of walking that I have a hard time with! And, our cruise in January will be a test for me as we're on the aft this time and not on the bulge. I don't think I would like anything bigger than the Mariner, too many people and too much walking! Oh, well, just thought I would stop by to say 'hi', but no one's been here in a while so I hope someone reads this! ;)

Glenda I am with you. I love the service and the size of the Infinity and Millie. Although I did think the Infinity was in better shape than the Millie... all are going to be totally revamped. They are going to Soltice them...erg

I really do not want to do a larger ship that that. I agree with you too many people and too much walking. I am booked on the Voyager but not sure right now if I will keep the booking. I got laid off and so it may become a question of finances as to whether we go.

Barb

Glenda I am with you. I love the service and the size of the Infinity and Millie. Although I did think the Infinity was in better shape than the Millie... all are going to be totally revamped. They are going to Soltice them...erg

I really do not want to do a larger ship that that. I agree with you too many people and too much walking. I am booked on the Voyager but not sure right now if I will keep the booking. I got laid off and so it may become a question of finances as to whether we go.

Barb

I like the Radiance class myself - which is almost the same size as the Infinity = I think slightly larger - I like the feeling of seeing water when I am on the different decks - altho' it makes me sick - well, that's another story - I want to try the Freedom class and then the Oasis = I know they are big, but from the reviews and friends' experience, they are saying the Oasis is so large that everyone has a lot of places to go to and the lounges, etc are not that crowded - i guess I want to experience it for myself so I know what I really like and don't like.

Barb - I do hope you can still go on the Voyager, but I do understand; and even if you do get another job, hopefully, they will consider the april schedule - anyway, I just want things to work out for you -

just got home from a concert, local - from the Hannah Nicole Winery in Brentwood - a group that plays and tries to look like the Stones - lead looks exactly like Mick - they were good - not super excellent, but good. We paid $10 each/and had to buy a bottle (or more if you want) of their wine - good deal - we brought snax - kinda' like a super mini Concord Pavillion, really mini - we went to the concert there last month too.

Barb - did you ever go to the Concord P when it was the CP? I started going when it was new in the mid 70's up to the 90's - then it became totally different.

I hope to hook up with you next week.

carol

• 2 weeks later...
I like the Radiance class myself - which is almost the same size as the Infinity = I think slightly larger - I like the feeling of seeing water when I am on the different decks - altho' it makes me sick - well, that's another story - I want to try the Freedom class and then the Oasis = I know they are big, but from the reviews and friends' experience, they are saying the Oasis is so large that everyone has a lot of places to go to and the lounges, etc are not that crowded - i guess I want to experience it for myself so I know what I really like and don't like.

Barb - I do hope you can still go on the Voyager, but I do understand; and even if you do get another job, hopefully, they will consider the april schedule - anyway, I just want things to work out for you -

just got home from a concert, local - from the Hannah Nicole Winery in Brentwood - a group that plays and tries to look like the Stones - lead looks exactly like Mick - they were good - not super excellent, but good. We paid $10 each/and had to buy a bottle (or more if you want) of their wine - good deal - we brought snax - kinda' like a super mini Concord Pavillion, really mini - we went to the concert there last month too.

Barb - did you ever go to the Concord P when it was the CP? I started going when it was new in the mid 70's up to the 90's - then it became totally different.

I hope to hook up with you next week.

carol

Yes I did go to the CP ..took my kids to their first concert there..The Beach Boys <G>

Barb