NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Have you cruised during Thanksgiving before? It will be our first cruise time celebrating a holiday onboard.

Yes, we have done 3 Caribbean cruises - 12 days - during Thanksgiving - of course I order a turkey meal each time - they don't really make a big deal out of it tho' - except once they actually did a special menu that looked like a scroll - that was about as special as it got.

Then I cook my own turkey a week or two after we get home...

looking forward to our Thanksgiving cruise in Nov 2011 because we will be with very good friends from the east coast = our 3rd reunion cruise - carol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought I would say hello but this thread needs revitalizing...I know that the Southern California group is getting together this weekend. I just decided to see if there was going to be anything for the Northern California group...

8.gif

Happy New Year! ...in honor of dear CAROL!

Well Hello barnismom I subscribed to this thread a very long time ago so I was surprised to get a email showing someone posted. My real surprise came when I read where you live since I too live in San Jose. This is the first time since I joined CC that I've come across someone living in my hometown. I was born and raised here and live on the North side near Berryessa & 680.

My husband and I took up cruising just a few years ago. Since we both still work we only are able to cruise once a year. As much as I love to cruise I must admit I do like to take other vacations also. We usually rent a cabin in the mountains during snow season. We also love to fly over to the Hawaiian islands when possible.

In 2009 we booked a cruise and I logged onto the thread for our cruise and met the most amazing group of people. You know how sometimes your thread for your upcoming cruise either flows or doesn't. I have been on two other cruises and communicated with the people and it went no where. The Carnival Freedom 2009 cruise thread was amazing we all hit it off and to this day are very good friends. We tried to book a reunion cruise last year only many could not make it. This year we have our reunion cruise booked on the Carnival Dream Sept 10th.

I'm usually not so chatty its just that I am stuck at work on a Saturday and its really slow so I took the opportunity to share a little about myself I hope you don't mind.

Its such a beautiful day in San Jose today I hope you have the opportunity to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Well Hello barnismom I subscribed to this thread a very long time ago so I was surprised to get a email showing someone posted. My real surprise came when I read where you live since I too live in San Jose. This is the first time since I joined CC that I've come across someone living in my hometown. I was born and raised here and live on the North side near Berryessa & 680.

My husband and I took up cruising just a few years ago. Since we both still work we only are able to cruise once a year. As much as I love to cruise I must admit I do like to take other vacations also. We usually rent a cabin in the mountains during snow season. We also love to fly over to the Hawaiian islands when possible.

In 2009 we booked a cruise and I logged onto the thread for our cruise and met the most amazing group of people. You know how sometimes your thread for your upcoming cruise either flows or doesn't. I have been on two other cruises and communicated with the people and it went no where. The Carnival Freedom 2009 cruise thread was amazing we all hit it off and to this day are very good friends. We tried to book a reunion cruise last year only many could not make it. This year we have our reunion cruise booked on the Carnival Dream Sept 10th.

I'm usually not so chatty its just that I am stuck at work on a Saturday and its really slow so I took the opportunity to share a little about myself I hope you don't mind.

Its such a beautiful day in San Jose today I hope you have the opportunity to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Hello Yvonne!

My husband and I grew up in Palo Alto (moi) and Menlo Park. We moved to San Jose in 2009 when we bought our condo in the Cambrian Park area.

The location could not be more perfect as we can easily get onto 85 & 17 which leads to 101 or 280...notice how I did not say "the 101". It is funny but that's how you can differentiate a Northern Californian from a Southern Californian.

Yvonne we have met wonderful cruise friends via Cruise Critic (thank you CC) and the sharing of information is helpful too. Perhaps we can connect sometime. We love cruising but also love our land trips too and Hawaii is a favorite;helps to live on the West Coast.

Thanks for posting and enjoy the rest of the weekend! We are heading out to Santana Row for dinner tonight!

Oh yay!! I just about gave up on this thread - thanx you guys for bringing this up again - I was just surfing around and clicked on this and glad I did -

Janice is more like family to us - and hope we get more posters so we can also try to do another lunch somewhere sometime - like when the weather is better --

Yvonne: Welcome! will chat more later - I am being paged -- ha!ha! hubby found a leak in our vanity and has been trying to repair it - so guess who is the Assistant? !! and I was just having fun in here too!! will be back for sure.....

carol

Oh yay!! I just about gave up on this thread - thanx you guys for bringing this up again - I was just surfing around and clicked on this and glad I did -

Janice is more like family to us - and hope we get more posters so we can also try to do another lunch somewhere sometime - like when the weather is better --

Yvonne: Welcome! will chat more later - I am being paged -- ha!ha! hubby found a leak in our vanity and has been trying to repair it - so guess who is the Assistant? !! and I was just having fun in here too!! will be back for sure.....

carol

Carol and Narce are very much like family. In fact we met on our Mariner of the Seas cruise is it now almost two years ago? However, the small world that it is we discovered that we had mutual cruising connections.

Tell Narce if he needs an assistant Patrick is experienced. However, tomorrow he is crawling under a home to get rid of floor squeaks.

A get together in late Spring would be wonderful; perhaps after your Freedom cruise! You can tell us if our PBS poem is still hanging...

Happy Sunday!

Love

Carol and Narce are very much like family. In fact we met on our Mariner of the Seas cruise is it now almost two years ago? However, the small world that it is we discovered that we had mutual cruising connections.

Tell Narce if he needs an assistant Patrick is experienced. However, tomorrow he is crawling under a home to get rid of floor squeaks.

A get together in late Spring would be wonderful; perhaps after your Freedom cruise! You can tell us if our PBS poem is still hanging...

Happy Sunday!

Love

I'll let Narce know about Patrick - altho' he tells me he has it conquered! we'll see if tomorrow the leak is gone!!

where is the poem? I will certainly look-

when the weather is better, sounds like a plan to me..............carol

I'll let Narce know about Patrick - altho' he tells me he has it conquered! we'll see if tomorrow the leak is gone!!

where is the poem? I will certainly look-

when the weather is better, sounds like a plan to me..............carol

Good morning everyone!

Carol, I believe the poem is hanging on the wall by Guest Relations area but I will have to check with dear EMMY!

Good morning everyone!

Carol, I believe the poem is hanging on the wall by Guest Relations area but I will have to check with dear EMMY!

was it written by you and Patrick? for an inaugural? how cool..............c.

was it written by you and Patrick? for an inaugural? how cool..............c.

Emmy no that poem was written by the original core of the PBS. Although Patrick and I booked the very first day that Royal Caribbean opened up booking for the Freedom of the Seas maiden voyage I waited to start posting. Sadly many of those are missing in action...

The poem can be found on the pinkboasociety.com. It is really clever!

Janice: It's sad when a roll call dies - especially when we like the folks and got along with them on the cruise - however, if they really wanted to continue the friendship, they can make the effort - I find it great that we still go on and got to really know and like each other even more after meeting on the Mariner 2/2009...

How are you doing today Yvonne? did you have to work? when I was working and didn't want to be, I'd daydream about being a cruise or thought about all the other cruises I've been on - made my day not so grueling!!

carol

Janice: It's sad when a roll call dies - especially when we like the folks and got along with them on the cruise - however, if they really wanted to continue the friendship, they can make the effort - I find it great that we still go on and got to really know and like each other even more after meeting on the Mariner 2/2009...

How are you doing today Yvonne? did you have to work? when I was working and didn't want to be, I'd daydream about being a cruise or thought about all the other cruises I've been on - made my day not so grueling!!

carol

Carol, I guess I could post something on our old thread and see if anyone returns. I think most of our fellow cruisers are on Facebook which I really don't like to be on...

I cannot believe that our cruise was almost 2 years ago!

Hello Yvonne!

My husband and I grew up in Palo Alto (moi) and Menlo Park. We moved to San Jose in 2009 when we bought our condo in the Cambrian Park area.

The location could not be more perfect as we can easily get onto 85 & 17 which leads to 101 or 280...notice how I did not say "the 101". It is funny but that's how you can differentiate a Northern Californian from a Southern Californian.

Yvonne we have met wonderful cruise friends via Cruise Critic (thank you CC) and the sharing of information is helpful too. Perhaps we can connect sometime. We love cruising but also love our land trips too and Hawaii is a favorite;helps to live on the West Coast.

Thanks for posting and enjoy the rest of the weekend! We are heading out to Santana Row for dinner tonight!

Thanks for the warm welcome it sounds like you all had a wonderful time getting know each other on this forum. I'm sure you have some great memories of past cruises.

I feel funny calling you barnismom I don't know your name I'm sure you understand. So you grew up in Palo Alto well guess where I work Palo Alto. I work at a Mecedes Benz dealership called Park Avenue Motors we are a part of Smythe European. Its located near Page Mill and El Camino Real. My son works near where you live he works at Pasta Pomodoro on Camden between Union and Bascom. We love to go to Santana Row for dinner and to the movies. After I worked on Saturday we drove to our son's home in Discovery Bay for the night. Sunday morning we drove for the day to play in the snow near Bear Valley. We drove in thick fog all the way till Angels Camp then the sky was crystal blue. Once we got to the snow park it was so hot we had to shed off a few layers. We set up a nice lunch which included wine and cheese. It was a beautiful way to spend a Sunday.

FYI our group just took advantage of making our own friends forum on CC. We were able to pull over our past cruise threads. Here are all the details in case any of you are interested in doing the same thing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1212929

Here is the link to our page showing our currently booked cruise and our original cruise The Freedom 2009 where I met the group. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=699

Time for me to go to lunch so I'll catch you all later.

Yvonne

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Thanks for the warm welcome it sounds like you all had a wonderful time getting know each other on this forum. I'm sure you have some great memories of past cruises.

I feel funny calling you barnismom I don't know your name I'm sure you understand. So you grew up in Palo Alto well guess where I work Palo Alto. I work at a Mecedes Benz dealership called Park Avenue Motors we are a part of Smythe European. Its located near Page Mill and El Camino Real. My son works near where you live he works at Pasta Pomodoro on Camden between Union and Bascom. We love to go to Santana Row for dinner and to the movies. After I worked on Saturday we drove to our son's home in Discovery Bay for the night. Sunday morning we drove for the day to play in the snow near Bear Valley. We drove in thick fog all the way till Angels Camp then the sky was crystal blue. Once we got to the snow park it was so hot we had to shed off a few layers. We set up a nice lunch which included wine and cheese. It was a beautiful way to spend a Sunday.

FYI our group just took advantage of making our own friends forum on CC. We were able to pull over our past cruise threads. Here are all the details in case any of you are interested in doing the same thing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1212929

Here is the link to our page showing our currently booked cruise and our original cruise The Freedom 2009 where I met the group. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=699

Time for me to go to lunch so I'll catch you all later.

Yvonne

Hello Yvonne!

Our real names are Janice and Patrick! I am very familiar with your Mercedes dealership; I am sure your merger was profitable. Both my husband and I used to work for a non-profit located on Cambridge Avenue. I am a HR Director and my husband is working for a non-profit in San Mateo.

Actually a number of our closest cruising friends came from the maiden voyage on the Freedom of the Seas on June 4, 2006! We are coming up to our five years and that was the beginning of the Pink Boa Society. My husband and dear friends Emmy, Rick, Deb, Bob, Rick and Diana and some others were able to repeat and do the Oasis maiden voyage last year. That one was so fun and we found ourselves (Emmy & I) international celebrities. We aired on Australian tv, on Inside Edition and on Mighty Ships (Discovery Channel) that so far has only been shown in Canada.

A two year Mariner of the Seas anniversary is coming up next month where I met Corkey Carol and her dear husband, Char, Jim, Dave, Bettie, Laura, Gene, Terri, Jeff, Mike & Bill etc.

I will check out your websites too. Thanks for coming back here and look forward to your future posts. It's time for dinner now!

Hi, Carol. Just wanted to jump in and say HI. :D Hope all is well,

Frank

been thinking of you and Marianne - come in and say HI more often - thanx to Janice, she revived this thread and I am happy to welcome Yvonne and hope you will continue to chat with us too -

will need to have another northern CA lunch sometime when it's much nicer -

when is your next cruise?

carol

Hi Yvonne:

you passed us - sorta' - when you went to Disco Bay - and I can imagine the fog - it's usually foggy in our area - but more so in the valley.

I just transferred out CA Cruisers thread to the Friends board and also several other threads that I belong to -

We are Narce and Carol - i am originally from Isleton, graduated from Rio Vista and love that river area more now that I don't live there.

Of course, like Janice and Patrick, we love to cruise - oh heck, land vacations, too -- traveling in general...

I am retired and hubby works at Dow Chemicals - no kids... I am a kid!

so glad you are on this thread!!

carol

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]been thinking of you and Marianne - come in and say HI more often - thanx to Janice, she revived this thread and I am happy to welcome Yvonne and hope you will continue to chat with us too -[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]will need to have another northern CA lunch sometime when it's much nicer - [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]when is your next cruise?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna] Hola everyone![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna]I know that our lives get really busy with our friends, families, work, our travels etc. However, rather than just talking about getting together someday I think we need to come up with a date and time. Since Northern California is rather spread out we should select a central location; last year it was Tracy or was that two years ago.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=sienna]Last year a number of us traveled down to Morro Bay so the Southern California contingent could come together too. SO I have this out for discussion for those interested. Since Carol is very key when are you ever free? I am thinking for after you come back from the Freedom![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]been thinking of you and Marianne - come in and say HI more often - thanx to Janice, she revived this thread and I am happy to welcome Yvonne and hope you will continue to chat with us too -[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]will need to have another northern CA lunch sometime when it's much nicer - [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]when is your next cruise?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Thanks, Janice. :D We're going to the Baltics in July. Have the big decisions made, but now need to work out the details, like: is that hole in the fence, I see in Google Steetview, still there to shorten our walk to the dock by 500 feet. :rolleyes: Seriously, we'll be in Denmark on our own for a week pre-cruise, so there are some details to think through. Based on Rick Steves' recommendation, we're going to start on [URL="http://www.bryan-thorne.com/EEE%20-%20plus/29.%20%20Aero%20Island,%20Denmark/Aero%20Island,%20Denmark.htm"]Aero Island[/URL]. It will be different! But, I really enjoy the planning, so it's all fun.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Hello Northern California cruisers here in San Jose its a beautiful clear day just a bit chilly.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Carol so you are originally from the Isleton area we actually seem to frequently drive near that area. We love to visit the lakes in the area, Murphy's and of course like I said before a little snow time. We have a cabin booked in Arnold next week for a little down time. Our son and his wife bought a home in Discovery Bay last year and love the area just not the commute on Vasco Rd. We recently started eating at Texas Roadhouse wow is that food good. The place can get a little noisy yet the food is worth it. I was wondering if your sign on MOUNTAINHOUSE had anything to do with the exit off 580............The Baltics sound amazing can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Janice I love the idea of going on a maiden voyage so you are a celebrity wow I had no idea. I try to record any shows on cruising and I love the Discovery Channel. I wonder if that show would repeat I will keep my eyes open Mighty Ships. I did a Google search and this came up only I can't open it here at work. I will do it at home so how do I recognize you?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[url]http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/mighty-ships-/mighty-ships-season-3/mighty-ship[/url] s-oasis-of-the-seas/

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Time to get back to work I hope you all have a wonderful day in beautiful California. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] We recently started eating at Texas Roadhouse wow is that food good. The place can get a little noisy yet the food is worth it. I was wondering if your sign on MOUNTAINHOUSE had anything to do with the exit off 580............The Baltics sound amazing can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

Last time I was at the Texas Roadhouse, it was pretty noisy. All of it coming from a group of cruisers. :) I really don't mind talking about the origin of "moutainhouse", but can't do it online. A bit personal. :) Yes, the Baltics should be very different. I just wish things were a little more reasonable (cost-wise) in that part of the world. Oh, well.

[SIZE=3]quick post here as I am suppose to go out with hubby for a late lunch -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Frank = your cruise sounds great but then you always go on those nice exotic far away very exciting interesting places![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Yvonne - wish I could afford Disco Bay! you look too young to even have a son who is married!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Yes Janice, another lunch is due - and yes, after my april cruise would be nice - better weather etc...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We usually meet at Texas Roadhouse - yes Yvonne, hubby and I love stopping there - and it is noisey - last time we met with Janice and Frank and group - we were able to get the private room that is off the main door - however, it was still noisey! think it was the sound system above us - love their food tho'![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]we will have to set it up and get a real date and go from there! that is if you don't mind driving from San Jose to Tracy again - I know Yvonne can always visit her son too... and Frank, he's just down the road - I'll contact some of the other CA folks who have attended in the past...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]ok - be back later - I am off to do errands and have lunch with Narce...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]carol[/SIZE]