Perscription Dive Mask

SuperDad

My DW and DS both do not see well without their glasses and do not wear contacts. We would like to snorkel when we are on our cruise and were thinking about purchasing perscription dive masks for both of them. I've seen several companies online that sell perscription dive masks ranging anywhere from $60.00 to several hundred dollars. Can anybody recommend a good place to purchase them that's not going to cost an arm and a leg?:cool:

I would recommend beginning at a local dive shop, where ever you are. Test out the size and shape of the masks, and also the "prescription" you want to be sure you are getting what you (they) want and need. From there I have no idea- one of the things we have always bought locally.

My DW and DS both do not see well without their glasses and do not wear contacts. We would like to snorkel when we are on our cruise and were thinking about purchasing perscription dive masks for both of them. I've seen several companies online that sell perscription dive masks ranging anywhere from $60.00 to several hundred dollars. Can anybody recommend a good place to purchase them that's not going to cost an arm and a leg?:cool:

I bought a perscription mask last spring from Snorkelmart... link is below. I got an eye exam and wrote down what my eyesight was. I filled out the info on Snorkelmart and paid a bit over 60.00 I am very happy with them and will be taking them on our May cruise!

http://www.snorkel-mart.com/master.cfm?CategoryID=28&gclid=CJCzzo7NxaACFQ0eDQodel1obA

I bought a perscription mask last spring from Snorkelmart... link is below. I got an eye exam and wrote down what my eyesight was. I filled out the info on Snorkelmart and paid a bit over 60.00 I am very happy with them and will be taking them on our May cruise!

http://www.snorkel-mart.com/master.cfm?CategoryID=28&gclid=CJCzzo7NxaACFQ0eDQodel1obA

John - How long did it take for you to receive the mask? We leave in 2 weeks!!

I use the HydroOptix Mega 4.5 mask. Due to the unique shape of the lens, it automatically adjusts for a wide range of myopic conditions. I LOVE it - I really can't say enough about it. It was like being "given sight" under water!

Company Link

Sales Link (A little cheaper here)

283465239_gFskc-M.jpg

Tom

John - How long did it take for you to receive the mask? We leave in 2 weeks!!

I can't recall the time frame as I ordered mine in Feb. for our May cruise. I think that you could call the toll free number to see what options you would have when you speak with a customer service person.

To get a proper fit you have to try the mask on. I would not order a prescription mask (again) without trying it on first. Head to you local dive shop and try them on. A good fitting mask will stay on without the strap when you put it on and breathe in gently through your nose. After finding the style that fits order the prescription lenses through the dive shop or online.

Other option is normal goggles and trial contact lenses from your optom

To get a proper fit you have to try the mask on. I would not order a prescription mask (again) without trying it on first. Head to you local dive shop and try them on. A good fitting mask will stay on without the strap when you put it on and breathe in gently through your nose. After finding the style that fits order the prescription lenses through the dive shop or online.

Other option is normal goggles and trial contact lenses from your optom

Totally agree with above. As a scuba diver I am nearsighted. I have no problem seeing my dive computer but those fishies and dive wrecks were very blurry. Not all dive masks fit the same and you MUST try it on. They will leak in water if they don't fit right which will be almost as annoying as not seeing clearly.

Totally agree with above. As a scuba diver I am nearsighted. I have no problem seeing my dive computer but those fishies and dive wrecks were very blurry. Not all dive masks fit the same and you MUST try it on. They will leak in water if they don't fit right which will be almost as annoying as not seeing clearly.

I count myself lucky because my mask doesn't leak in the least and I even have a mustache. When we snorkeled on my 1st cruise at Buck Island near St. Thomas, I used the tour equipment. everything I looked at was blurry and my mask leaked. Last year I snorkeled in St. Kitts with my perscription mask in about the same depth of water. I was able to see a school of Grouper, a Barracuda and also a reef squid. The difference was AMAZING! Whether you buy from a dive shop or just buy online, the sights that you will see are worth whatever you spend!

I got the Stock RX Spirit 2 mask from SNORKLEMART.COM for $58. I had a online coupon (DC4..still works) for 10% off.

I put my perscipriton into teh calculator thingy and then ordered them.

Mind you i'm pretty blind without my glasses and the first time I went snorkling i saw sand and sea grass...this time i saw FISH and a shipwreck!

I LOVE THEM!

Defiently worth teh investment in my book! They came very quickly....and had various shipping methods!

REMEMBER

COUPON DC4

Archived