Wine glasses in the cabin

jmps

Your room steward will bring you as many wine glasses as you wish even a corkscrew and an ice bucket, just ask! Do not go to one of the barsor the dining room with the bottle or you will be charged a corkage fee. It is perfecfectly OK to take a glass of wine with you out and about on the ship, even to dinner.:):):)

They don't always have wine glasses in the cabin, but as others have said your room steward will bring them and a corkscrew if needed. We've only had to ask for the glasses once out of our past three cruises.

But I think we only had a corkscrew already in the cabin once, which has been a little frustrating since I pre-order a bottle of the bon voyage red wine and it has always been in the cabin upon arrival, just no corkscrew.

There should be a corkscrew in the in door of the refrigerator, at the very rear of the top shelf.

That is, providing some previous occupant put if back where it came from. If you cant find it, the cabin steward will be most happy to help out.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with the suggestion that it's perfectly o.k. to take a glass of "cabin wine" out and about on the ship, even to dinner.

I should not be surprised if, periodically, there weren't conversations in Seattle that go a lot like this:

"We could increase the revenue in our lounges simply by not allowing them to bring wine onboard."

"Of course, but that's one of a number of things that makes us a premium line, or sometimes even a premium plus line, instead of a mass market line."

"Taking that one thing away is not going to make us a mass market line."

"Some prospective passengers, especially repeat ones, will think so."

We seem to have always won those arguments and I hope we'll continue to win them, but I think that, if too many people start to "broaden" the privilege, instead of just enjoying it as it stands, we may lose one of those arguments, and if we do, the privilege will be gone for good.

I have enough trouble making moral judgments for myself without trying to make them for others, but I would have no trouble deciding for myself that if I took a glass of "cabin wine" into the dining room or one of the lounges, I'd clearly be abusing the privilege. (I'm inclined to leave taking a half glass of champagne out to a deck chair not quite as clear a question; I did it once when my cabin was only about ten yards from the deck chair.)

We had enough wine glasses in our VA to invite the entire 7th deck over for drinks. :D I had a hard time finding space for my personal items. Wine glasses on the ice bucket tray, wine glasses on both shelves in the desk/dressing table, and wine glasses in the bathroom. ;)

We took two bottles of wine onboard, and didn't use either one. I gave one to the steward and left the other in the refridgerator.

So if I order a bottle of wine in the dinning room...is there a list anywhere that I can choose from now? Not necessarily pre order but just to see what they might have on board..is there a corkage fee as well as the cost of the wine?
On the HAL site For Booked Guests, On Board gifts, Beverages lists about 24 wine selections. There is no corkage on any wine that comes from ship stock, even if you receive it as a gift.

There should be wine glasses in your cabin.

If there aren't any, just ask one of your cabin stewards for a couple of them.

Well... we did not have much success with that on our last cruise. Somehow we never got the glasses we asked for! We threw a champagne sunset party in our 4 adjoining cabins and requested 6 dozen champagne glasses from the front desk and it was delivered without an issue. Go figure!

Bring a corkscrew!

We have always had a corkscrew. Glasses, not so much the last time. :D

Archived