star gazing

galamars

I will never forget the first night out on our Australia cruise, laying in bed with the curtains to the balcony open, rolling over and seeing the Southern Cross for the first time.

How beautiful that must have been.

Does it get dark enough on the ship to see the stars well with the naked eye? Or will I need to bring binoculars? We are going on a South Pacific cruise and would love to do some star gazing.

You should be able to find places dark enough to see the stars with the naked eye however, bring the binoculars which makes it even better. If your cruise is during a full moon it will be harder to see. I love sitting out on my balcony and just staring up at the stars.

If you really want to see the stars, ask on your ship if they plan to have a star viewing on an upper deck one night. Often there is at least one officer on board who loves the stars and may do a tour with the lights off.

At least try!

If you really want to see the stars, ask on your ship if they plan to have a star viewing on an upper deck one night. Often there is at least one officer on board who loves the stars and may do a tour with the lights off.

At least try!

I like this idea Penny.. thanks for sharing

A cruise ship is a roving source of light pollution. Viewing is poor compared with typical suburban locations. Nevertheless, a walk on deck in the night air can be refreshing, beautiful and good for the soul.

I will never forget the first night out on our Australia cruise, laying in bed with the curtains to the balcony open, rolling over and seeing the Southern Cross for the first time.

Did you understand why you came this way?

That's a great line.....hmmmmm could be the beginning of a great song!!!

Archived