drinking water?

LORRAINE45

hi, this is my first thread on this site.

my husband suffers from ulcrative colitis,so we have to be careful what he eats-main stream food is fine,but can anyone please tell me if the tap water on sea princess is safe to drink or do we need to bring bottled water with us-we are sailing on the 1st of nov 2010 hope this is'nt a silly question!!:o thanks lorr

Hi There,

All the Princess ships make their own drinking water so it is very pure, compared to some tap water on the main land.

However you can buy bottled water on board.

If going ashore would always take water from the ship be it tap or bottled,

and not drink local water while ashore.

yours Shogun

As others have said, the ship makes their own water and it is probable better than most local water supplies. You do not get really cold water on the cold as well. We buy 2 16oz water bottles before we get onboard and refill and keep them in the fridge. We also have a camelbak which we bring when we go ashore so we always have good drinking water.

I prefer distilled bottled water - so we purchase a case before boarding at a local drug store - put a luggage tag on it with extra packing tape around the case of water to avoid the cardboard case splitting and check it with our luggage. So far it always arrives in our room with our luggage.

I prefer distilled bottled water - so we purchase a case before boarding at a local drug store - put a luggage tag on it with extra packing tape around the case of water to avoid the cardboard case splitting and check it with our luggage. So far it always arrives in our room with our luggage.

we do the same

the water on board is safe to drink we just prefer bottled

my husband suffers from ulcrative colitis,so we have to be careful what he eats-main stream food is fine,but can anyone please tell me if the tap water on sea princess is safe to drink or do we need to bring bottled water with us-we are sailing on the 1st of nov 2010 hope this is'nt a silly question!!:o thanks lorr

If he drinks tap water at home then the ship's water is just as good or better (depending on whether they have topped up their tanks from shore or used the desalination plant to create their own)

No problem with water on the ship as they are healthier than tap water at home, unless you are like us with a filtering system that connects to our side by side fridge to make ice cubes & water for consumption. Tap water at home is for laundry, showering, cleaning.

We do not buy water in bottles since the plastic is unhealthy & is not biodegradable..

• 2 weeks later...

I always take a small britta filter which is enough to take the funny taste from the water.

Karen

Since we're on the topic of water.....Can anyone tell me what type of bottled water is sold on board Princess ships?....I dont mind the tap water but my wife prefers bottled water and she was curious about the brand sold....Thanks!

FYI, the water on-board the ship is almost (but not quite) always distilled on-board; distillation is how the water is desalinated.

On port days on the mainland in the U.S. and Europe (not Islands) the ship does indeed use municipal supplies to save money and energy.

SirWired

FYI, the water on-board the ship is almost (but not quite) always distilled on-board; distillation is how the water is desalinated.

On port days on the mainland in the U.S. and Europe (not Islands) the ship does indeed use municipal supplies to save money and energy.

SirWired

I noticed a hose labeled "Potable Water" connected and pumping to the Grand Princess during one stop last Dec in one of the Caribbean Islands (could have been Trinidad). Well, the water from the taps took on a different "taste" to the point where people were complaining in the MDR. It was back to normal in a few days, and I suspect they pumped it out into the sea and made more while underway. See, the ship cannot didtill water at dockside, and on a trip with short steams between ports they might have a problem making enough for the day's supply and were forced to take on water from the port source. This has been the only time we have noticed an issue with ship's water.

Archived