Everything Serenade of the Seas

Hi,

Am booked on the Serenade for next January. Is there a murder mystery diner and if so, what night? I think that's $50 per person for food and wine?

thanks

newlu

When I went to book it on our upcoming cruise, it is on the 3rd night of our cruise of 5/16 and it's $49 p/p, which includes a limited food selection and wine.

Looking forward to our 3rd time on the SR next Oct...........been to SoCarib and Alaska on her.........she's such a pretty ship.

We have cabin 8168 for Oct..gotta have an aft!:p

For those planning a B2B, there is a luncheon held on the turn over day for those staying on the for the 2nd week. Also, they have a Consecutive Cruisers get together on the Friday to explain the procedure and offer some specials - one of them being 2 dine for the price of 1 at either Chops or Portofinos for Day 1 of the 2nd week. A great deal!

This is absolutely my favourite ship in the fleet. Crew is fabulous - service is outstanding. You will love it.

This is good to know, as I will be doing a B2B on the Serenade in August. The Serenade is my favorite ship, and I am happy to see this thread.

Hello,

I will be cruising on SOS on May 1 along with my parents, my sister, and 2 friends. This is my first cruise and I have a lot of questions. Hopefully, you have some answers. We are very excited and a bit nervous about all the planning we still need to do.

In General:

1. What time can we board the SOS on May 1? Usually around 11:30, but rooms are not ready until 1:00.

2. Has anyone used the luggage valet service at the end of the cruise? If so, how helpful was it? I have read some horror stories about SJU on the weekends. Our flights leave around 4:00 PM on May 8. My parents used this, and honestly, it was not really worth it... They did not have to drag their luggage, but we did a ship tour to the rum factory and we did not have to deal with our luggage until the airport anyway. To me, that is not worth the money.

3. How does formal night work? What's the dress code? Is formal night optional? Formal nights are what they sound like, Guys in suits or tuxes, women in ball gowns or cocktail dresses. If you don't want to dress up that night, dine in the windjammer or speciality restaurant.

4. Rum runners? Do they work or have they been getting confiscated? Have never tried rum runners.

5. Can we bring bottled water on board? Yes, just slap a luggage tag on it, and it will end up in your cabin, or you can buy it at the ports of call and bring on board with you.

Shore Excursions

1. Which is the best island to do a zip-line tour and with which tour operator? Cost? St. Lucia has wonderful zip-lines (longest and highest number of lines)

2. What is the best tour operator for Buck Island Reef? Costs? Check out the St. Croix boards for this info.

3. How is the St. Lucia tour with Cosol Tours? I did not like it (see my reviews on the St. Lucia boards). There were 5 ships in port and I felt like there were 200+ people on this tour. It was like being herded like cattle all day. Not enjoyable, and we did not have a good driver. We also had to skip the beach. Every single place we went was very crowded and I feel like I wasted my day on this beautiful island. Maybe the tour is better when there are fewer people, but I would never do this tour again, and wish I never had.

4. Are there any good hiking trails on the islands (Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix)? Not sure.... Although RCCL offers hiking tours on most of these islands.

That's it for now. I will probably think of more later.

Thanks!

Hope that helps.

Wait - OH, No - if Serenade might be replacing Radiance in Alaska, where is Radiance going, and which ship is replacing Serenade in Southern Carib route??? Tell me it's not so.... Or is this just a rumor?

Radiance is going to Australia. If Serenade does do Alaska I would expect you will still see her doing the Southern Caribbean route during the winter months.

Looking forward to our 3rd time on the SR next Oct...........been to SoCarib and Alaska on her.........she's such a pretty ship.

We have cabin 8168 for Oct..gotta have an aft!:p

We love, love, love the aft too, but my sister was getting tired of the long walk, so this time we're in 8102. I understand that cabin does not get much sun, if any. Anyone know about that?

We love, love, love the aft too, but my sister was getting tired of the long walk, so this time we're in 8102. I understand that cabin does not get much sun, if any. Anyone know about that?

sorry Chris............have no idea......:(

Hi All,

we are booked for May 1st going to Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, St Crox St Marteen. This will be my seconf cruise with RCL, we were on Liberty of the Seas last April and Loved that so much. I am hearing so many good things about Serenade of the seas and can't wait to go. i do have a question, my DH goes to the gym all the time does anyone know about the weight equiptment in the gym and if its good?

thank you:)

Was in that cabin a few years back, no it doesn't get much sun, but is huge, with lounger. We enjoyed all that outdoor space.

Wait - OH, No - if Serenade might be replacing Radiance in Alaska, where is Radiance going, and which ship is replacing Serenade in Southern Carib route??? Tell me it's not so.... Or is this just a rumor?

There is only the Adventure doing South Caribbean in the summer, and Radiance is going to Australia I believe

Hello,

I will be cruising on SOS on May 1 along with my parents, my sister, and 2 friends. This is my first cruise and I have a lot of questions. Hopefully, you have some answers. We are very excited and a bit nervous about all the planning we still need to do.

In General:

1. What time can we board the SOS on May 1? If you shpw up around 11:30 or so, you're good

2. Has anyone used the luggage valet service at the end of the cruise? If so, how helpful was it? I have read some horror stories about SJU on the weekends. Our flights leave around 4:00 PM on May 8.Not used the valet as it doesn't apply to flights to Canada but there is a great restaurant on Fortaleza St called barrachinas that stores your luggage for you for the cost of a tip!

3. How does formal night work? What's the dress code? Is formal night optional? Formal attire is worn, but many are more casual also, smartly dressed works

4. Rum runners? Do they work or have they been getting confiscated?don't use them

5. Can we bring bottled water on board? have been able to so far

Shore Excursions

1. Which is the best island to do a zip-line tour and with which tour operator? Cost? St Lucia's the best, also Antigua

2. What is the best tour operator for Buck Island Reef? Costs?

3. How is the St. Lucia tour with Cosol Tours? have heard mostly good things

4. Are there any good hiking trails on the islands (Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix)?

That's it for now. I will probably think of more later.

Thanks!

hope that helps, try the Ports of Call board too

Follow the links below for the review of the B2B that I did this past January. I hope you will enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed cruising!

Part1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

We stopped at 10 ports in 14 days while we sailed with a CC group that had the nickname “The Maniacs.”

Ports of call: St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados, Tortola, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Grenada!

Any questions, just ask...

BILL

Was in that cabin a few years back, no it doesn't get much sun, but is huge, with lounger. We enjoyed all that outdoor space.

Thank you, we booked it for the larger balcony and we'll just have to get all the sun we need on the islands.

Follow the links below for the review of the B2B that I did this past January. I hope you will enjoy watching, almost as much, as we enjoyed cruising!

Part1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

We stopped at 10 ports in 14 days while we sailed with a CC group that had the nickname “The Maniacs.”

Ports of call: St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados, Tortola, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Grenada!

BILL

Thanks, Bill for adding those links. I loved them when I saw them before, and will watch them again...only two more weeks til we fly to SJ.

Thank you so much for the replies and comments about the Serenade. We will be on her the first week of June leaving on May 30th. I'm really looking forward to it after seeing some photos!

Part1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

BILL

Awesome videos Bill. I'm sailing on the Serenade in just a couple weeks :D I'm looking forward to it more than ever now. Thanks! :)

Hi Bill and Rosie....we almost joined you last year but had to change cruises. I bet that you know the answer to this question I've been asking on other boards.

We want an aft balcony without too much glare. We've had 1100 and loved the room and the views but had to keep hiding from the sun. We've got 1602 already but it's not available on the second half of the b2b. So ....we're trying to decide between 1604 and 9256. I know that 9256 is like a little version of 1100. Does it have the same amount of sun? Is the balcony of 1604 shadier and how is the room, if you know? Thanks very much. Phyllis

Oh we're also considering eating only in the restaurants this time. How did you find that? Thanks again.

Archived