Margaritaville in NO

waterbound

We decided last night that we are going to Margaritaville in NO when we get there the day before cruising to start our trip off right and get in the mood.. Is it located near French Qtr? I do have the address which is on Decatur Street and just wondered in what vacinity is that if anyone knows?

It is about 10 blocks down from Canal, you can also take the streetcar. It is an OK place- but there are far better local options in my opinion, nothing special about the food. Print out the drink coupons in the Good times guide.

We decided last night that we are going to Margaritaville in NO when we get there the day before cruising to start our trip off right and get in the mood.. Is it located near French Qtr? I do have the address which is on Decatur Street and just wondered in what vacinity is that if anyone knows?

It's in the French Quarter. As good a place to start as any. An assortment of margaritas, obviously.

Across the street are Molly's at the Market and Coop's Place.

http://www.mollysatthemarket.net/

http://www.coopsplace.net/

Coops has free WIFI access for all and it reaches Molly's - would be iffy to Margaritaville. Coops has decent food.

After that perhaps Pat O'Briens - warning - if you get any of the specialty drinks they include the price of the glass with the drink. either turn the glass in for a refund or take your souvenoir with you.

http://www.patobriens.com

If you can still talk after that, perhaps a hand grenade from Tropical Isle will make sure you don't remember anything the next day.

http://www.tropicalisle.com

Don't blame me for the hangovers!

Thanks for the info.. We really arent looking for a NO atmosphere or type of restaurant.. we were wanting something to get us in the cruising mood and already plan on going to Margaritaville in MoBay... we wanted to visit the one in NO too..

It should work. You can also get your New Orleans Margaritaville Tshirts and other stuff to wear in Mobay if so inclined. Speaking of Mobay, be sure to find the lost shaker of salt of their website (if they still have), for the free margarita there.

NOLA Margaritaville often has live music of varying talents.

When you get off the ship in Mobay, around the tourist board booth, you can probably find some coupons for the Mobay one.

It should work. You can also get your New Orleans Margaritaville Tshirts and other stuff to wear in Mobay if so inclined. Speaking of Mobay, be sure to find the lost shaker of salt of their website (if they still have), for the free margarita there.

NOLA Margaritaville often has live music of varying talents.

When you get off the ship in Mobay, around the tourist board booth, you can probably find some coupons for the Mobay one.

Thanks.. I did visit a few weeks ago and found the shaker and printed a few of them for a free margarita in Mo Bay.. Cant wait!!

At Margaritaville NO, make sure you go to the bar upstairs. Instead of barstools, they have swinging tires for seats at the bar. (It wasn't until my 3rd visit there that I even knew they had an upstairs bar.)

Thanks for the tip.. I will be sure we do that.. sounds great..

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.. I did visit a few weeks ago and found the shaker and printed a few of them for a free margarita in Mo Bay.. Cant wait!!

Must be too early in the morning - can't find the salt shaker - can you provide a hint??

• 3 weeks later...

I like Margaritaville! :D I think their drinks are great (TONS of boat drinks, not just margaritas or tequila) and they come with a little boat or a compass floating in them. Sure to get you in the cruisin' mood.

Wow - never knew there was an upstairs bar! I will look for the tire swings if we make it by there in June!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love the Cheeseburger in Paradise there and drinks are always good. If you get a chance....stop by & see Joe Bennet, performing in the downstairs bar. Times are listed on www.margaritaville.com Always a fun, friendly atmosphere and close to French Market were you can find some better prices than on Bourbon Street.

• 2 weeks later...

Margaritaville when in NOLA. I know it will be "touristy" but I kind of don't mind that once in awhile. We plan to get there for lunch one day and it's also to get us in to the "cruising frame of mind." Glad you had a good time, and I'm sure we will too.:)

We cruised in March.. I believe there should be a review on the carnival board.. we were on Conquest and had a great time.. it was my first balcony so I think Im spoiled now.. we got back and 3 weeks later went on Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston on Royal Caribbean because we got a great deal on a 7 day cruise and I can honestly say that I am hooked on Carnival.. We are booked on our 7th cruise for next year.. it will be the third time on Conquest.. We had cruised on Conquest before but brought our kids and my boyfriends mom this last time.. It was a family trip to remember!!

Archived