Millenium Review Jan 16-23, 2005

Giorgi-one

Our Feb 6 Millie cruise features two speciality programs involving art and food, in my mind a perfect setting. The only low point I expect will be the balance of my checking account at the end of the cruise.

We'll leaving on the 2/27, can you give us more details.

Thanks,

mari

For our 2/19/2005 cruise on Century, we are staying over Saturday night in FLL, and departing on Sunday morning.

I was a airport agent for Celebrity and I agree with you. The airport was not equiped to handle cruise ship (that is one of the reasons I left).

Don't forget that their are a number of cruise ships on Sundays (in fact you can find ships: Thursday(sometimes), Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday), so the airport will be packed again.

We have cruised 14 times. This cruise was our first on X. Jan 16-23. And I agree with Giorg-one on how she rated the ship. My worst cruise was on a CCL ship. But my best cruise was on a CCL ship. Millennium falls somewhere between the two. Don't know if I would do another. My next cruise will either be RCL or CCL.

WE aslo cruised the Jan 16th Milennium and would rate it A+. WE are Select CC members and were travelling in CC class deck 9. We enjoyed the new perks of CC class and when my wife was not feeling well the first night out due to rough seas, the cabin attendant took special care in trying to make her comfortable. One of the other BIG changes (compared to our travels on teh Infinity and Constellation) was St Michaels club ......the Change from a Cigar Bar to a plush Piano Bar is a definite improvement. Celebrity had the Cocktail hour for Select and Elite CC members at this location with the senior ship officers and it was really nice. Celebrity is making much better use of this area. Our food in the main dining room was better than average. Prime rib and steaks were great and for the lobster night, well our waiter automatically brought 2 extra lobsters for our table of 10 to share if anyone wanted more. The speciality dining room was also first rate. A place not to miss would be the "T" pool in the spa area....it was very refreshing and relaxing to enjoy after a day in town. They also policed the "no under 18" rule for any children here regardless if they were with parents or not. WE definitely enjoyed the Martini Bar and the services of the Bar manager KonShock. We cruised with KonShock about 2 years ago on the Consetellation and apparently he just came over to the Millennium to change things and bring them back up to standards. He is a first class manager, remembers past cruisers and took care of us.

Our biggest complaint was the total lack of any organization on how to get off the ship in Fort Lauderdale. It was total confusion and it did not matter what level CC member you were. The first and second group of people were still in the theatre waiting to be called but groups 3 and 4 started to arrive and then 1 and 2 could not leave becuase all the exits were jamed with arriving people with their carry on luggage. That needs to be adderessed. As stated earlier, there were problems at the FLL airport but I asuke most of them were due to the inclement weather up and down the east coast and mid west on saturday and sunday. Flight delays and cancelations certainly did not help things....but if you had a flight leaving noon you should have made it in time. Also be aware if you are a Select or Elite CC member, you only get one 10 minute certificate for the internet use per cabin ..not per person. I raised this issue with the CC Hostess and she immediately recognized this as an issue that has come up before. She did offer another internet certificate.

Overall great cruise...just sorry I didnt get time to meet some fellow CC members.

Rich in N VA

• 4 weeks later...

can you post a link to the Kuki article on the back to back cruises that you mentioned? I've made a quick trip over to the "other" board, and can't find it!! We're booked on Millie 4/10, and I'm enjoying reading all that I can about it, either positive or negative. Thanks! Martha

Archived