Missing!!!

Loviecld

I need to know about this. I just heard that within the Carnival family of ships, 2 kids are or were missing. This is coming form a friend who heard from a friend. That sort of thing. Maybe it was in the papers or something. Does anybody know of this??? I figured that this would be the best place to ask.

I'll be on Legend 6/30/05. Thanks for your input.

This is coming form a friend who heard from a friend. That sort of thing.

Uh, with all due respect, "friend who heard it from a friend" is not exactly the most credible source for a rumor! Don't you think that if a family lost a child on a cruise, that would be into the media faster than you can say "CHILD MISSING ON CRUISE" (which would be the screaming red rolling headline on CNN, FOX and MSNBC within five minutes).

On our first cruise on the Celebration, they delayed debarkation by 2 hours because a child was missing on the ship, then one of the vehicles that picks up luggage from the ship malfunctioned and dropped all the luggage into the Mississippi River!

The child was located (he had apparently just wandered off and hidden somewhere). Had the child gone missing permanently, you better believe there would have been new reports everywhere about it.

Unless you see something in the papers or on cnn.com, I'm sure the story you heard is NOT accurate. As much publicity as we see when an adult goes missing on a ship, it would be tenfold for a child.

there was a man that was missing some months ago and it was in the news and papers. I actually called CCL and was told that yes he was "missing" but that as far as anyone could tell he chose that particular opportunity to leave his wife. If my DH ever leaves me I hope he takes me on a cruise first!

Unless you see something in the papers or on cnn.com, I'm sure the story you heard is NOT accurate.

And the news is "always" accurate?

there was a man that was missing some months ago and it was in the news and papers. I actually called CCL and was told that yes he was "missing" but that as far as anyone could tell he chose that particular opportunity to leave his wife. If my DH ever leaves me I hope he takes me on a cruise first!

Why would "you" call CCL...and if he was "missing" how would anyone know that he was taking this opportunity to leave his wife? Seems to me it's pure speculation unless he told someone...JMO.

Search continues for missing cruise ship passenger

Saturday, 8 January 2005

Search and rescue teams are yet to find any trace of a man who fell from a cruise ship off the Queensland coast this early morning.

Helicopters and boats have been looking for the 23-year-old Victorian man since the crew of the 'Pacific Sky' raised the alarm just after 2:00am AEST.

Ben Mitchell, from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, says despite rough conditions, helicopters have begun their third search of the area near Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.

"The area that we're searching is drifting north," he said.

"The helicopters are reporting sighting a number of objects that were thrown overboard from the vessel as potential flotation devices but still no sighting of our missing man.

"The helicopter pilots are also reporting significant white caps in the area, which is making it difficult to locate someone in the water."

A spokesman for the cruise ship company "P and O" , John Richardson, says the crew did all it could.

"The important thing from the crew's perspective on board the ship is that when you identify a man overboard incident that the procedures are immediately in place and are carried out to the fullest extent," Mr Richardson said.

"That is exactly what happened on this occasions."

A police investigation into the incident is also under way.

http://www.abc.net.au/sunshine/news/200501/s1278730.htm

Just go to www.google.com and type in "man missing cruise ship" and see what happens...

And the news is "always" accurate?

Did I SAY that? My goodness. I was simply saying that if a child was missing from a cruise ship it would be IN THE NEWS. I don't believe a lot of what I read, but I also know that a missing kid at sea is big news and would definitely get some press.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived