Come on Royal let us book Voyager from Venice summer 2011

A group of us are booking the Liberty of the Seas-5/28/11--Barcelona-Barcelona. Since it doesn't go to Venice, we plan on taking either a pre or post cruise land trip to Venice.

Venice is one of my favorite spots on earth.

Got tired of waiting!!

Marilyn

I hope this works out for you guys who are waiting for the Venice itinerary to be published and that RCI aren't going to send Voyager elsewhere. IMO the itineraries aren't as exciting as that offered for this current season on Splendour, I guess they have removed Santorini as there would be too many people to tender to the island, but that is just my opinion ....

Hey Liz...Now I am getting really confused. I just read somewhere else on another thread that VY will be going to San Juan next spring. I was wondering what ship they were going to put in SJU with SR returning to Alaska for summer 2011 and AD going to Europe for summer 2011. But that thread indicated the crew was saying they were going to San Juan but then they were also saying they were going to Venice. Supposedly then Freedom will be going in/out of Galveston. Lots of questions out there. But I definitely am disappointed to have not been able to book the 2011 Venice trip yet. I have been waiting to book it since we visited Venice last June!!! I told really care which ship it is...but you know it must be RC (not even X) for Mr. Ski.

Hey Liz...Now I am getting really confused. I just read somewhere else on another thread that VY will be going to San Juan next spring. I was wondering what ship they were going to put in SJU with SR returning to Alaska for summer 2011 and AD going to Europe for summer 2011. But that thread indicated the crew was saying they were going to San Juan but then they were also saying they were going to Venice. Supposedly then Freedom will be going in/out of Galveston. Lots of questions out there. But I definitely am disappointed to have not been able to book the 2011 Venice trip yet. I have been waiting to book it since we visited Venice last June!!! I told really care which ship it is...but you know it must be RC (not even X) for Mr. Ski.

Hi Skiiergirl...yes I saw that other thread..I posted on it about what Adam had said just the other day to me on his blog...I would guess he would know better than crew members as to where the ships are sailing from ...well I hope so anyway :D

Of course we know that RCCL could be changing their plans ..wouldnt be the first time :rolleyes:

But lets keep hoping that very very soon we can both book our Venice cruise.:D

Hi Skiiergirl...yes I saw that other thread..I posted on it about what Adam had said just the other day to me on his blog...I would guess he would know better than crew members as to where the ships are sailing from ...well I hope so anyway :D

Of course we know that RCCL could be changing their plans ..wouldnt be the first time :rolleyes:

But lets keep hoping that very very soon we can both book our Venice cruise.:D

Oh...now I remember seeing your post. But yes, it wouldn't be the first time (nor probably the last) that they say they are going to do something and then change it.

Well I am fed up waiting for VY from Venice to open...not wasting any more time waiting around while RCCL chops and changes stuff..so not going to bother booking VY now. Especially with RCCL having added on 4 nighter before Allure Inaugural.

Good luck to those who are waiting for VY booking to open. :)

I have no problems at all but I thank you for asking. ;) You yourself posted that Goldstein stated it would be mid April before they release the information. I did not realize that April 6th was considered mid April.:eek:

I have no problems at all but I thank you for asking. ;) You yourself posted that Goldstein stated it would be mid April before they release the information. I did not realize that April 6th was considered mid April.:eek:

I changed my mind about waiting to find out if in mid April they are actually going to open the booking then for VY..and have other plans instead.

Trying to be patient and wait for the VOS bookings to open especially as the RCI UK site has early booking discounts valid until 30th June and details VOS 7 night Med 2011 sailings out of Venice listed.

Voyager of the Seas Venice, Italy 7 night Med* £100//€110pp

Looked at another cruise line for Sept and would have to spend over £1500 pp to get a cabin the size of a JS on NOS, which for a sailing out of Rome could be £330 pp cheaper after C&A discount.

I changed my mind about waiting to find out if in mid April they are actually going to open the booking then for VY..and have other plans instead.

I dont blame you at all being feed up. I booked with HAL because i was tired of there delays and even more so with the change of itinerary that would have made a B2B not an attractive option at all. Like i said before if they would have left it all the same and just changed ships i would have waited to book the VOS. But since they decided to screw it all up it was time for a different option.

Well I am fed up waiting for VY from Venice to open...not wasting any more time waiting around while RCCL chops and changes stuff..so not going to bother booking VY now. Especially with RCCL having added on 4 nighter before Allure Inaugural.

Good luck to those who are waiting for VY booking to open. :)

I understand what you mean Liz.

I am still waiting to see what they do with Venice next year. If we something we like better before then...we won't wait either. But right now nothing else is appealing.

I dont blame you at all being feed up. I booked with HAL because i was tired of there delays and even more so with the change of itinerary that would have made a B2B not an attractive option at all. Like i said before if they would have left it all the same and just changed ships i would have waited to book the VOS. But since they decided to screw it all up it was time for a different option.

What itinerary/ship changes are you referring to? I know there have been a lot out there. What did you want and what did they change it to?

[quote name='skiiergirl']I understand what you mean Liz.

I am still waiting to see what they do with Venice next year. If we something we like better before then...we won't wait either. But right now nothing else is appealing.

What itinerary/ship changes are you referring to? I know there have been a lot out there. What did you want and what did they change it to?[/quote]
Skiergirl, I was refering to the Splendor of the Seas itinerary that is still cruiseing out of Venice on 7 day med cruises. That was what i wanted and was going to do a B2B. I didnt even care about the ship just the destinations. Now if all the rumors that are flying around about the VOS are true then i dont want any part of there destinations. If they were to be the same as SOS is doing now then i would cancel my HAL cruise and book with RCCL.

[quote name='softail']Skiergirl, I was refering to the Splendor of the Seas itinerary that is still cruiseing out of Venice on 7 day med cruises. That was what i wanted and was going to do a B2B. I didnt even care about the ship just the destinations. Now if all the rumors that are flying around about the VOS are true then i dont want any part of there destinations. If they were to be the same as SOS is doing now then i would cancel my HAL cruise and book with RCCL.[/QUOTE]

I understand. I was looking forward to the same ports/itineraries too. Wish they would put a RD class ship doing the old Splendor itineraries!

I heard today that the Voyager itineraries have changed for summer 2011.

Looks like VY will be doing same route each week with only a couple of exceptions.

The itineraries -

[B]28 May 2011[/B]
Venice
Koper
Ravenna
Bari
Dubrovnik
sea
Venice-overnight.
Venice

[B]15 July[/B] - (8 nights)
Venice
Dubrovnik
sea
Athens
Ephesus
sea
Bari
Venice-overnight
Venice

[B]29 Oct[/B] 2011
Venice
Dubrovnik
sea
Naples
Rome
Florence
Toulon
sea
Barcelona

So if anyone is looking to do a B2B with different itns..I would guess...8th & 15th July or 15th & 23rd July.

Any TAs out there who can confirm these itineraries?

Thanks for the heads up Liz, appreciated.

We gave up waiting and got an aft cabin on NV out of Civitavecchia which is going to Greece (Athens), Turkey (Kusadasi) & Greece (Chania, Crete), so I don't feel let down for not waiting as the VY itinerary doesn't touch Greece except for the July sailing which we couldn't do anyway and with this one we have got 2 Greek ports.

[quote name='Elizanessie']I heard today that the Voyager itineraries have changed for summer 2011.

Looks like VY will be doing same route each week with only a couple of exceptions.

The itineraries -

[B]28 May 2011[/B]
Venice
Koper
Ravenna
Bari
Dubrovnik
sea
Venice-overnight.
Venice

[B]15 July[/B] - (8 nights)
Venice
Dubrovnik
sea
Athens
Ephesus
sea
Bari
Venice-overnight
Venice

[B]29 Oct[/B] 2011
Venice
Dubrovnik
sea
Naples
Rome
Florence
Toulon
sea
Barcelona

So if anyone is looking to do a B2B with different itns..I would guess...8th & 15th July or 15th & 23rd July.

Any TAs out there who can confirm these itineraries?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]Thanks for the info Liz! I am confused though...I understand the above dates/itineraries but what is the "same itinerary every week". What is the itinerary??? (sorry if it has already been listed here and I am having a brain fart!)

Any update on when these bookings will open?

Where is Bari?[/B][/COLOR]

Venice overnight seems really stupid for a ship that embarks from Venice. Looks like it's done for cost savings for the itinerary planner ran out of ideas. If I want to spend more time in Venice, I would simply get there a few days earlier or leave later.

I won't be booking Voyager.

[quote name='krisko']Venice overnight seems really stupid for a ship that embarks from Venice. Looks like it's done for cost savings for the itinerary planner ran out of ideas. If I want to spend more time in Venice, I would simply get there a few days earlier or leave later.

I won't be booking Voyager.[/QUOTE]

We did the overnight in Venice last year when we did the BR out of Barcelona. So much to see and do and being there in the evening was fantastic. I understand what you mean about getting a hotel since you are leaving from that port but I believe hotels are very expensive there so this would be a way for the pax to enjoy the evening there (along with more daytime) and save on fuel at the same time. Seems like a win/win to me. Actually I wish they would do it in some of the Caribbean ports too!

[quote name='skiiergirl'][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Thanks for the info Liz! I am confused though...I understand the above dates/itineraries but what is the "same itinerary every week". What is the itinerary??? (sorry if it has already been listed here and I am having a brain fart!)[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Any update on when these bookings will open?[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Sorry my fault..I was trying to do 4 things at once and didnt make myself clear :o

This is the regular/weekly itinerary-

Venice
Koper
Ravenna
Bari
Dubrovnik
sea
Venice-overnight.
Venice

The other dates I posted are like, one off itineraries.

I was told TOMORROW they would be available for booking.:)

[quote name='krisko']Venice overnight seems really stupid for a ship that embarks from Venice. Looks like it's done for cost savings for the itinerary planner ran out of ideas. If I want to spend more time in Venice, I would simply get there a few days earlier or leave later.

I won't be booking Voyager.[/quote]

Venice is a very popular and beautiful port, however extremely expensive in terms of hotels. Many cruiselines over the overnight as an opportunity to see the city without the exorbitant hotel costs. We've done this twice already and works out great.

Archived