Nifty & Thrifty Find's

Looks like the Land's End one was on sale, so no matter which one you get it looks like you're getting a good deal.

Yeah... but I do believe the one from Land's End would probably be more sturdy (as Sassy's Mom stated) compared to the cheap knockoff version that I saw.

I was at JCPenney today and they have some super cute Liz Claiborne wristlets in a couple of different styles and fun colors in their "best deal" section - I got a royal blue one for $4, big enough to hold my camera or cell phone, Sail and Sign card, and some chapstick/lipstick plus a small zippered pocket to put a few singles in for tips.

I also got what is supposed to be a handbag organizer with all kinds of compartments to transfer things easily from one purse to another. I will use this to carry my travel stuff (I don't carry a full-size purse on planes) - it will fit in the outside zippered pocket of my suitcase until we get through security, and it has a handle for easy carrying. It will be nice to have the most critical items close at hand on the plane and still have room to wiggle my feet. I got hot pink, they had a few other colors too. Price was $6. Original LC tag price was $30.

Just came from "Best Price Friday" - the wristlets are down to $3!! They are big enough to carry BOTH my camera and IPhone (not that I'll need the phone on the cruise...) - blue, red, hot pink, green - super cute!

I'll have to go back in two more weeks and see if they're down to $2!

Just came from "Best Price Friday" - the wristlets are down to $3!! They are big enough to carry BOTH my camera and IPhone (not that I'll need the phone on the cruise...) - blue, red, hot pink, green - super cute!

I'll have to go back in two more weeks and see if they're down to $2!

I have been looking for them and can't seem to find one! are they online?

Love the windsock idea - I'll be high-tailing it to the dollar tree! I already have tropical fish for our doors (5 cabins same deck/all port side but not adjacent). I also previously picked up ponchos for the rainforest; sewing kit - scissors, needle and thread; small flashlight; lysol wipes; screwtop plastic qt. size containers - for getting juice for our fridge - we make mimosas; throw away reading glasses, throwaway sunglasses, and throwaway reading sunglasses. I want to Be SURE I can see the menus!!:D I think I'll get a dry erase for leaving messages, too.

How do you make mimosas with the alchol??

I was at the Dollar Tree this morning and saw some really neat collapsible water bottles. They kind of looked like Rum-runners. :eek:

They came in several different colors and patterns. They looked like

these but were only a buck.

https://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay_Collapsible%20Water%20Bottle_10451_10001_106131_-1_26669_26669

They would be nifty for an excursion, easy to carry in a backpack.

Do you remember what section they were in? How well do they seem to hold up? I've been wanting to buy some for a while. Groupon had them but I missed the deal

Do you remember what section they were in? How well do they seem to hold up? I've been wanting to buy some for a while. Groupon had them but I missed the deal

They were on one of the spinning display racks up in the front of the store. The racks like they use to display sunglasses.

Good Luck.

:)

Our Dollar Tree has plenty of them, near the front of the store at the end of the aisles. We haven't gotten any, but I guess it's worth a dollar.

• 3 weeks later...

Five Below has the drawstring backpacks for $3. I bought two. They are

exactly the same size as the ones in the sports stores that sell for $10-$18. They fold up so small you can put two into an old makeup pouch with room for the $1 ponchos. They even have a zippered compartment.

Five Below has the drawstring backpacks for $3. I bought two. They are

exactly the same size as the ones in the sports stores that sell for $10-$18. They fold up so small you can put two into an old makeup pouch with room for the $1 ponchos. They even have a zippered compartment.

Sounds interesting...

I found a really nice small personal sized fan that is all metal for $10 at Walmart yesterday. I took a small one that had a plastic housing on my last cruise and it got crushed in my luggage. This is great for those of us who cannot sleep without a breeze! It also provides a white noise to get to sleep! It is also perfect for a desk the rest of the year!

I found a really nice small personal sized fan that is all metal for $10 at Walmart yesterday. I took a small one that had a plastic housing on my last cruise and it got crushed in my luggage. This is great for those of us who cannot sleep without a breeze! It also provides a white noise to get to sleep! It is also perfect for a desk the rest of the year!

I haven't seen these. May need to run by Wally World and check them out. Thanks

I found a brand new pair of Adidas sneakers at a local thrift store for $3.50! Perfect for excursions that way if they get messed up its not a big loss.

Crystal

Sweet deal! I've never been that lucky with my visits.

I thought this 2pk of pocket chairs was a nifty find: http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on-TV-Pocket-Chair/16609875?findingMethod=rr

I'm planning on ordering them before our 1st cruise in July. They should come in handy while waiting to get on/off the ship as well as during excursions. Small enough to fit in your pocket or purse. :)

Just a heads up- I bought this pocket chair for my brother for xmas so he could take it fishing with him, well, unless you're the size of a 5 year old you will not be able to sit on it painlessly. The seat is smaller than the size of a sheet of paper. No matter how he tried to sit on it he couldn't. And unless you are wearing cargo pants with huge pockets it will not fir in your pocket. Beach bag,yes. Pocket, no. It is also actually a pretty heavy little thing when folded. You may find that it works ok for what you need, I just wanted to give you a first hand experience with them.

Taking my first cruise and these message boards are wonderful. So when I stumbled upon this thread and read every post I learned so much more. So I am sharing what I have purchased for my cruise set to sail on April 13th ... in 3 days.

Found a Inches Off bathing suit at Gabriels for $16.99... everything was still intact, no rips or holes. Bathing suits are selling for close to $100.00 in my area. I refuse to pay that.

At the dollar store a camera case but it zippers I can stash my money license, and lip gloss or any other small item and carry in my pocket. Another item that I found was to hang my suit up it had clothes pin at one end and a hanger on the opposite end. So I can use for many things. They also have makeup granted you have to look close but for a buck can't beat it. Pop up clothes hamper. Going back today to look for some more items that everyone mentioned.

Seeing the comments about the CDs I thought I'd mention this item:

http://www.alteclansing.com/ae/us/ipod-iphone-speakers/orbit-m-imt227/invt/imt227/

It's currently out of stock but you can still find them around. Pringles even had a version for free after buying 3 (??) tubes of chips.

My wife and I are certified ballroom dance instructors and I use one of these in small studios. It's small enough to fit inside my shoe. We take it on cruises with our iPOD and have access to thousands of songs. For some of you it might be more convenient than carrying CDs and a device to play them.

Edited by operabob

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Walmart today and found a cute Nautical tote bag for only

.88 cents. Yup, less than a buck. I got a navy blue nautical print but

they also had a white one with a beach flip-flop and a blue one with a little crab..

There were a few other prints and colors as well.

It was nothing fancy, just a canvas tote that I plan on using for a pool bag on the ship.

I found it in the section with the handbags and tote bags.

Here is a pic of the one with the beach shoe. Could not find a pic of the nautical print.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/OPP-Junior-Canvas-Tote/20461396

Here is a pic of the blue one with the crab.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/OPP-Junior-Canvas-Tote/20461397

Happy bargain hunting.

:)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

The bags are really cute, Hoosier! I found my pop up hampers at the Dollar Tree, also. I saw the "shoe bags", but wasn't sure if we needed those. Every aisle I walked down I thought, Gee, I could use that on my cruise! Everyone keep sharing your "finds" with us!