Souvenir Menu

derekthesailor

Can anyone confirm that souvenir menus are not provided in the speciality restaurants.:(

It seems to me that with a fixed menu these would not be too difficult to produce and would be a nice reminder of the extra $$$ spent.

I have never seen a souvenier menu but you could ask the Maitr'd

and maybe they would give you a real menu and that could be your

souvenier:)

I can't answer specifically about specialty restaurants, but when we started cruising in the 70's, menus for the entire cruise were always presented on the last night, with a written sentiment and signature from you waiter. Just another of the many things that don't happen anymore.

Spender Nui:

I too remember the "old" days when they gave us all copies of the menu. They used to give us a passenger list too. On RCCL, they do have small copies of the menu for Portofino. Too bad they don't do the same for Tuscan Grill or Murano.

Crystal still gives away their menus, primarily because each night's menu is dated. They are also printed with the port you were in that day, or if a sea day, print the name of the next port the ship is sailing toward. A nice momento to take home with you! They also print a passenger list, however in recent years have given passengers the option not to be listed if they so choose.

Can anyone confirm that souvenir menus are not provided in the speciality restaurants.:(

It seems to me that with a fixed menu these would not be too difficult to produce and would be a nice reminder of the extra $$$ spent.

Actually I can confirm that they do have them. They are all over the ship as advertisements for the specialty restaurants on most, but not all, the cruises we've been on. Sometimes full size and sometimes smaller copies. Here is a link to some current (March 2010) and prior ones on my photo site: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#822368006_5YeeN

Archived