Valor Western Iten Which Port To Beach it W/O Excursion

BIGDADDY2587

Belize you gotta go cave tubing.

Roatan has some nice beaches to relax, have a drink and snorkel. I dont personally think there is much to do in Roatan that catches my interest so we took an island tour with Victor Bodden and spent 3 hours on the beach relaxing, snorkeling and then had a drink and some lunch.

Cozumel by far has the best beach from all the ports that cruise calls on. Nachi Cocom is amazing!

Just back from this cruise on Sunday. :(

We had a great time!

If you are looking to do a non-exursion beach day I would just hop over to Mahagony Beach in Roatan. It is right by the cruise ship, no muss or fuss. While it can be crowded and the water isnt the clearest it is easy to get to and no stress. We enjoyed our day there.

I don't think I would be comfortable going off on my own in Belize.

I, too, just returned from this itinerary last week, and no way in HELL do I recommend wandering alone in Belize. YIKES! Now, Roatan is a different story; lovely there and you can get to Mahogany Beach right from the pier, which is super easy. You can also get a ride to West End (or Bay?) Beach and hang out there, which I highly recommend. Was great. Victor Bodden's beach bus takes you there and back for like $20pp (http://www.boddentours.com), and the snorkeling was great.

Belize is a wonderful place but you really need an excursion. It's not a wander around type place and the good beaches are out on small cayes off the mainland so you'd also need transportation. I also second the vote for cave tubing! There are lots of reputable, independent tours out there. The countryside is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly - but, like many port cities, the immediate port area and Belize City are a bit seedy.

I'd vote Cozumel for a beach day - check out Playa Uvas, Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum depending on ages/interests. When we are on the Valor next Jan. we are thinking snorkel in Roatan.

As mentioned I would definitely not wander off in Belize - but there are some good snorkelling/beach tours offered thru the ship or independents. Otherwise we had great fun there on our last 2 stops - once visiting Lamanai and the other time doing the River Wallace/Altun Ha tour thru Carnival.

Roatan has GORGEOUS beaches - just a cab ride away....I would also not just hang out at Mahogany Bay and try to see some of the island. Try Victor Bodden or Rony's tours so you can get your own driver and car.

Just did this exact itinerary in January on the Valor and you can get more details and pics of our tours in my review (see link below).

Have fun:D

trying to figure out which port not book an excursion in

looking for a nice beach to lounge at

so far we have stuff to do in grand cayman, cozumel...

so between Isla Roatan and Belize,

which port has more to do

thanks

Roaton definitely...............Use Victor bodden Beach Bus for a ride to west End Beaches................20 buck pp round trip

Archived