Club starts Thursday

Redtravel

April 1 is 2 days away. Will there be any Azamara executives on the Journey April 1 or Quest April 9th for the kickoff of the new Club concept?

Also, will we finally find out what the perks arefor the Captains Club Azamara Club? I am elite, on the Journey April 1, and have no idea what to expect. Hope it's more than soda, water, and wine.

Hi Everyone !

I'm eager to see what Azamara has planned for Le Club Voyage. The big day is supposed to be Thursday. They have had plenty of time to develop this program, and I hope they get it right.

Personally, I wouldn't have chosen April Fools Day for the launch, but I digress :)

April 1 is 2 days away. Will there be any Azamara executives on the Journey April 1 or Quest April 9th for the kickoff of the new Club concept?

Also, will we finally find out what the perks arefor the Captains Club Azamara Club? I am elite, on the Journey April 1, and have no idea what to expect. Hope it's more than soda, water, and wine.

Hi Redtravel !

Being that you will be onboard, I have a feeling you will be amongst the first to know. Azamara has been extremely tight lipped about this. I've tried, but have not been able to find out anything. I have a feeling that at least some execs may be onboard Journey, as Journey is sailing about 500 yards from Royal Caribbean's Headquarters in Miami.

Speaking of Miami, if what I saw on the internet is correct, it looks like the April 1st Journey sailing will be her last from Miami, as it appears Azamara may be moving Journey to San Juan / Barbados next year. I hope this is not accurate, and that Azamara is still tweaking their deployments... but I suspect it may be the case. If so, I will be very disappointed. I have more to say about why I feel it's a bad decision, but let's wait to see if this is fact.

If you have a chance, I hope you will come online, and tell us what you find out. Enjoy your Cruise.

Andy, we will be having a Meet & Mingle probably Friday. It will give us an opportunity to ask questions. Do you have any particular questions you would like us to ask?;)

Don

Hi Don !

Thank you very much for your offer. At this point, I'd like to hear details of Le Club Voyage, and if current Captains Club Members will be Grandfathered into Le Club.

Also, if Caribbean 2011/2012 is sailing from San Juan/Barbados, (Note: this is not confirmed yet), please ask what's their thinking behind that, as it makes no sense to me. I can't wait to hear Azamara's spin on it.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Don !

Thank you very much for your offer. At this point, I'd like to hear details of Le Club Voyage, and if current Captains Club Members will be Grandfathered into Le Club.

Also, if Caribbean 2011/2012 is sailing from San Juan/Barbados, (Note: this is not confirmed yet), please ask what's their thinking behind that, as it makes no sense to me. I can't wait to hear Azamara's spin on it.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Regarding Captains Club, I would like to hear if Azamara and Celebrity will still be joined, and if not, will they at least accept the credits through this year? We just got off Quest and will be on Century next month. We are Select and I want to know if any credits from Celebrity in April will mean anything on Azamara? Personally, I feel if they are severing ties they should at least have the points accumulated through the rest of the year, or at least more time than announcing that cruises in a few weeks suddenly have no point value in Azamara's club.

On the other hand, on Quest we were invited to the Bridge Tour, Galley Tour and Engine Room tour. Everyone on the ship was invited to Elegant Tea. No need to be Elite on Azamara for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, we just returned from a great Journey cruise. We did not get many details of Le Club Voyage. We are elite with Celebrity and transfered as Discoverer on Azamara. To activate this membership for the furture I must register with Azamara after my first cruise. When the Journey returns from Europe 2011 it will be based out of San Juan PR. I asked their rep from Miami, Clautius, why? The explanation is that Azamara will be sailing to South America and Anarctica. They will continue to hit some of the eastern caribbean islands and will not have 2 sea days out and back from Miami. Their itineraries will be port intensive. We booked the October 8, 2011 Spain, Portugal and the October 15, 2001 TA. Time will tell if we keep these bookings. This was our first small ship experience after 20+ larger ship cruises. If you have further questions, fire away.;)

Don

Hi. Just back. Cruise was great. The new benefits are in place as described in the new brochure. (Yes. I got one on board. ) The wine , soft drinks, and bottled water were nice. Cova coffee was fantastic. The shuttle bus in Dominica did not happen. (brochure states shuttle buses when available) With that statement, anything can happen. The cruise had lots of travel agents on board. Most of the TAs that I spoke to had never been on Azamara previously. There was lots of discussion about the changes. Word is that there will be more changes coming. With the big increase in the cruise fare, I'm curious to see what happens later this year.

Andy, we just returned from a great Journey cruise. We did not get many details of Le Club Voyage. We are elite with Celebrity and transfered as Discoverer on Azamara. To activate this membership for the furture I must register with Azamara after my first cruise.

If they already transferred your Elite membership to Discoverer, why do you have to register again?

I was on Azamara last summer and booked a B2B in the Orient in March 2011. We have almost 100 Celebrity CC credits. Will they transfer us over since we are not sailing on them again until 2011? Seems kind of weird that you have to sign up again after already being transferred over while on the ship !!!

Thanks.

Archived