Barcelona Hotel...pre/post

deora24

I've searched and researched suggestions, but have not found anything nearly as reasonable as other posters have mentioned...and some have no available rooms. Anyone have current info for 5/28 and then again 6/6? I really don't want to spend 200 Euro a night. I've even looked at Hotwire, but some posters have negative issues with going that way.

I've searched and researched suggestions, but have not found anything nearly as reasonable as other posters have mentioned...and some have no available rooms. Anyone have current info for 5/28 and then again 6/6? I really don't want to spend 200 Euro a night. I've even looked at Hotwire, but some posters have negative issues with going that way.

We will be in Barcelona one day pre-cruise and have just booked at the Avenida Palace (at the top of Las Ramblas) for 99e / night. This is a special price thru travelzoo only that includes an upgrade to a suite, wine/tapas upon arrival and a few other perks. I believe the special ends on March 31st, so you would have to book today (so I hope you read this) but, we could not find anything within reason and then another poster mentioned it on the roll call forum Med cruise June 3rd. There is an actual link on that forum...hope that helps....Good Luck!

Go to booking.com and enter Barcelona and your desired dates.

You can sort the results by city location, star ratings, price, customer ratings etc. Cross check any hotel of interest on trip advisor for additional reviews before deciding.

There appeared to be a number of 4* hotels in good locations with prices in the 100 euro range when I checked.

Happy planning!

We stayed at the Hotel Regina and loved it. Across the street from a HOHO Bus Stop; one block down from Las Ramblas. Photos in the link below. Hotel staff excellent. Promotions on their website; we booked with breakfast.

Reviews on Trip Advisor dot com will also provide lots of photos and recommendations.

Three years ago, when our daughter was studying at the University of Barcelona, we spent a week at the Meson Castilla, near Placa Universitat. 100 Euros a night got us a beautiful bay-windowed room plus an incredible breakfast. Good location for sight-seeing, shopping and eating.

We will be in Barcelona one day pre-cruise and have just booked at the Avenida Palace (at the top of Las Ramblas) for 99e / night. This is a special price thru travelzoo only that includes an upgrade to a suite, wine/tapas upon arrival and a few other perks. I believe the special ends on March 31st, so you would have to book today (so I hope you read this) but, we could not find anything within reason and then another poster mentioned it on the roll call forum Med cruise June 3rd. There is an actual link on that forum...hope that helps....Good Luck!

Please help us find the link. Med cruise June 3rd. But which Cruiseline? Which ship?

OK, I found the link, it was posted under roll calls for Celebrity Century.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/773298

It was available for limited dates in May and June, but now it appears that everything is sold out at that price. It sounds like a great deal for people who were able to get it.

I booked the W Hotel through Hotwire for June for $200/night. The W though is on the beach which is out of the way of the city (we just spent time in Barcelona in Jan though, so were ok with being out of the main areas).

We stayed at the Marriott by the airport for one night post cruise. It is WAY out of the city and there is absolutely nothing near it, but they do offer shuttles to the city (or you can take public transportation from the airport), so if you're in a bind, it's a low-cost option (I think we paid $150/night in Jan).

Best,

Mia

Is anyone familiar with a hotel named The Olivia Plaza. Fairly new and seems to be in an ideal location in Plaça Catalunya and next to the Rambla. Since it is right next to the the Hard Rock I won't have to drag DW around to getting a pin. It's a little pricey (182e or is ite182?) but it will only be for one night.

I was able to take advantage of the deal that travelzoo was offering....yippee for me. It looks like they are offering another special on Expedia. Not quite as good as the first one, but Avenida Palace has been discounted for the first w/o June. I was checking the Canadian website (expedia.ca) but, I would imagine it is offered on the US site as well. Tripadvisor gives it favourable recommendations....Good Luck in your search....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest going to priceline.com. Lots of reasonable hotels listed there. You don't have to bid. I guess I can always live with a negative issue or two in order to bring the price down (if all I'm doing is sleeping there). All I require is that it be clean and that I have my own bathroom.

Kathy

Archived