Suggestions for savings on Star Clippers - U.S.?

abigailinmaine

I've been reading these Star Clippers threads for HOURS now -- you all have the most well-written, informative, and downright intoxicating posts! I'm sold. So here's the story: I'm a major cruiseline bargain hunter, and husband is a lifelong New England sailor who misses his boat. We've been on a few big boat cruises which I lined up, and he enjoyed them very much. The dress up and all that has been fun on these trips, but I think secretly he is most impressed with getting dry towels every day! So given my desire to feel like I've snagged a bargain, where do I look? The dot com booking agent I use for big boat trips doesn't even list Star Clippers and I'm not seeing incentives anywhere else. I'm thinking about a surprise transatlantic Oct 2011. Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

By their very nature these ships cannot be discounted very much. Don't look for huge bargains you might find on ships that need all the onboard revenue from stores and all and so will not leave with empty cabins.

If you go to starclippers.com, you can sign up for their newsletter and other mailings. There is additional information on the starclippersblog.com. Although the blog is not directly affiliated with Star Clippers, they do have all the contact information (800 nos., etc.). There are lots of good stories, photos, and videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I also always book directly wth Star Clippers. They are wonderful. Since SC is already a very reasonably priced cruise, you're not going to find really deep discounts. Once you've sailed with them you'll be qualified for previous passenger discounts, but you can do almost as well if you book reallly far in advance.

Examples of the three voyages we booked through SC directly.

1) Star Flyer Tahiti....20% + 1 cat. upgrade

2) Royal Clipper Grenadines...45% + 5% past cruise discount

3) Star Flyer Costa Rica....40% + 5%

SC sends us flyers on discounts all the time....just wish we could go more often.

Mike

Archived