smoothie question on Journey

clarkf

Doing the April 25th Barcelona to Venice on the Journey which will be our first Azmara experience. My somewhat unusual question concerns the smoothies that I have read other passengers rave about. As an in-training competitive bodybuilder I require a great deal of protein and usually have 2-3 supplemental protein shakes daily. If the smoothies on Journey offer protein I can avoid having to pack protein powder for make my own shakes. Have any past Journey passengers noticed whether this is offered? Thanks.

Have just arrived back from our Caribbean cruise on the Journey and they definitely had protein powder at the smoothie station- they were happy to concoct whatever combination of fruit, youghurt and proteins you wanted! Enjoy!

Doing the April 25th Barcelona to Venice on the Journey which will be our first Azmara experience. My somewhat unusual question concerns the smoothies that I have read other passengers rave about. As an in-training competitive bodybuilder I require a great deal of protein and usually have 2-3 supplemental protein shakes daily. If the smoothies on Journey offer protein I can avoid having to pack protein powder for make my own shakes. Have any past Journey passengers noticed whether this is offered? Thanks.

I will be getting on as you leave...hope it is a good trip and we find the ship in tip top...;)

I very much appreciate the responses to my question, and will leave my personal protein powder at home. To add on to the health/fitness topic(Don't want to be one of those fat Americans the recent reviewer described, after all!), I would love some info about the gym on Journey. I am particularly interested in the free weight selection. Thanks to all, and can't wait until the 25th to board.

If it is just powder I would pack some in case they do not have what you like, or do have it and than run out.

As said in an earlier post, smoothies are not available after breakfast. So, if you are like me and have a protein drink after working out and you work out later in the day as well, you will want to bring your own. There is always lots of fresh fruit around for lunch and dinner in the buffet area and I took my little Magic Bullet and made smoothies in my cabin.

The free weight area has a rack of dumbbells from 5 to ... in front of a small mirrored wall. There are two weight benches pretty close together with not much room around each of them. Two people can work out in the area but comfortably not more. When I was on Journey, most of the people seemed to gravitate to the machines rather than the free weights.

Archived