Our Ride on the Star…will we do it again anytime soon? You GOT to be kidding!

SailorJack

What a great way to start off the week...especially after an awful road trip last week. Your refview of the Dream/Nightmare is still my favorite, but this one is pretty close:D

You mentioned that you deleted five pages from your review...any chance that you will do a Part II with those pages...I would love to see it!

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about your road trip...I have had a few of those myself:eek:

No Part II coming. The stuff I had to delete had to do mostly with the Star - like the International Cafe. The worst part of my cruise was finding out about the cookies after I had been on the ship for three days. I lost three days of eating those warm from-the-oven concoctions!

If (when!) I sail the Star again I can write about those things all over again.

PS. Anybody know if the Star has a sister ship - one with the same basic configuration?

PSS to LovetheSea - enjoy your cruise on the Sapphire. And I didn't steal my screen name from your father...honest!;)

I can't remember when I last read something so entertaining! Brilliant or what! Read all of your other reviews out to my DH over an evening cuppa tea! Had to ration them to one or two each evening though - the only way to making the entertainment last! SailorJack - you should write a book.....

I have to say that it was probably your post here that finally made me sign up as a fully fledged CC member (rather than sitting on the side lines watching the action which I have done for the past few years). I just had to add my two pennies worth to say how much I laughed and how I enjoyed the way that you see the world. Thank you!

Hi S.J. (& Jack, too!). In answer to your question, yes, the Star has 2 sister ships - same configuration: The Grand Princess and The Golden Princess. The Grand has been "doing" the Caribbean/Europe circuit and the Golden has been "doing" the LA-Hawaii and Alaska routes. Hope to see you on one of them soon. The Grand is the oldest of the 3, but still a wonderful ship.

Keep on cruising....and writing. People here at my office are wondering about me, sitting here in my "laughin' place", gafawing, snickering and just plain laughing out loud, while I'm reading of your adventures!.

Where to next?!

K

Glad you enjoyed Star Princess. This review brightened our day in the Princess offices.

I appreciate the time you took to let me know you found some humor in my post. Obviously, SailorJill and I had a great time on the Star and we look forward to sailing with you again.

Hi S.J. (& Jack, too!). In answer to your question, yes, the Star has 2 sister ships - same configuration: The Grand Princess and The Golden Princess. The Grand has been "doing" the Caribbean/Europe circuit and the Golden has been "doing" the LA-Hawaii and Alaska routes. Hope to see you on one of them soon. The Grand is the oldest of the 3, but still a wonderful ship.

Keep on cruising....and writing. People here at my office are wondering about me, sitting here in my "laughin' place", gafawing, snickering and just plain laughing out loud, while I'm reading of your adventures!.

Where to next?!

K

Thanks for the info! SJ fell in love with the configuration on the Star. We had an aft stateroom on Aloha deck that was just a couple of doors down from the elevator. Walk up a flight of stairs and you were at the Horizon Court, a few steps further aft and you were at the Terrace Pool. A short ride down the elevator and you were at the Vista Lounge. A pool, food, and entertainment - if it wasn't for the cookies at the International Cafe there would have been no need to ever go to the front of the ship!:D

We will have to look at the Grand or the Golden for our next Princess ride.

Thanks again.

P.S. to Homeless Bear...What a nice thing to say! Hope to see more of your posts in the future.:)

And thanks to GrammyLuvs and Umbarger for your gracious comments.

Thanks for the info! SJ fell in love with the configuration on the Star. We had an aft stateroom on Aloha deck that was just a couple of doors down from the elevator. Walk up a flight of stairs and you were at the Horizon Court, a few steps further aft and you were at the Terrace Pool. A short ride down the elevator and you were at the Vista Lounge. A pool, food, and entertainment - if it wasn't for the cookies at the International Cafe there would have been no need to ever go to the front of the ship!:D

Thanks again.

P.S. to Homeless Bear...What a nice thing to say! Hope to see more of your posts in the future.:)

The Grand doesn't have the International Cafe!

I just read your review and I nearly fell off my seat laughing! My neighbour has just phoned to ask if I'm OK - we live in a terraced house (joined to the next one, there are a lot in London) and she could hear me hooting through the adjoining wall. Don't get me wrong - I have been known to laugh - but not usually so loud and for so long. You brightened my day - thanks for such a humourous and good-natured review. So nice to read a review that isn't one long gripe about the food, the cabin, the crew and the rust below the waterline. Please go on another cruise very soon. Can't wait for your next review.:):)

Ros

Now I know what happened to Dave Barry after he retired from doing his column!! He's making the rounds of Princess ships!

Thanks for the fun read, Dave...oh, sorry, I mean SailorJack..wink,wink..!;)

Too funny... I was also thinking "Dave Barry"! lol Jack must write for a livin'... this was a great review...:D

We were on that tour with you(Dee's tour) and we were absolutely furious when we made an unscheduled stop at the Sheraton Hotel. We saw this guy run off the bus, scamper into the hotel, and walk out with a suitcase. We thought how very smart you were to have gone into the hotel, given a lame excuse to the front desk that you left a piece of luggage behind when you checked out, and you took the first one that was offered you.

However, now we find out that you just stopped to pickup your wife's suitcase and we wasted at least two minutes of our valuable tour time!! Note to Dee: Don't let this guy back on one of your tours(or at least check to make sure he got all of his luggage first).

BTW-I too, was hungry after we left the buffet.

It was a classic review: Funny, sarcastic, witty, and all too true. Princess should publish your review in their newsletter. And I have a strange feeling, and knowing Princess so well that...they will probably be selling a "copy" of you new, original "Olimpic" tee shirt on the next Star SA cruise.

Maybe we'll meet again on some other tour bus. Glad you had a wonderful and unique voyage.

Rusty & Shelley

We were on that tour with you(Dee's tour) and we were absolutely furious when we made an unscheduled stop at the Sheraton Hotel. We saw this guy run off the bus, scamper into the hotel, and walk out with a suitcase. We thought how very smart you were to have gone into the hotel, given a lame excuse to the front desk that you left a piece of luggage behind when you checked out, and you took the first one that was offered you.

However, now we find out that you just stopped to pickup your wife's suitcase and we wasted at least two minutes of our valuable tour time!! Note to Dee: Don't let this guy back on one of your tours(or at least check to make sure he got all of his luggage first).

BTW-I too, was hungry after we left the buffet.

It was a classic review: Funny, sarcastic, witty, and all too true. Princess should publish your review in their newsletter. And I have a strange feeling, and knowing Princess so well that...they will probably be selling a "copy" of you new, original "Olimpic" tee shirt on the next Star SA cruise.

Maybe we'll meet again on some other tour bus. Glad you had a wonderful and unique voyage.

Rusty & Shelley

Good to hear from you. We followed your posts from the first leg of that trip - which were most informative - and we appreciated the updates. I hope your next cruise will be a whole lot smoother!

P.S. to JudyJudy56 and Blueflicker: Not a writer! The only thing I have ever written (outside of work) have been my "reviews" of our adventures on the high seas. Glad you enjoyed them.:)

Good to hear from you. We followed your posts from the first leg of that trip - which were most informative - and we appreciated the updates. I hope your next cruise will be a whole lot smoother!

P.S. to JudyJudy56 and Blueflicker: Not a writer! The only thing I have ever written (outside of work) have been my "reviews" of our adventures on the high seas. Glad you enjoyed them.:)

I really am surprised that you're not a writer! Besides being SO funny, your descriptions are so alliterative.

Did you ever think about putting your reviews together into a book? I'm being serious!

Hilarious!!!

So, whatcha wantin' for that powder blue cruise shirt?!? I think we could have a lot of fun with it aboard Caribbean Princess in June. Heck, I'm SURE my DH would want to wear it touring around Brooklyn before we embark out of Red Hook....:D

Hilarious!!!

So, whatcha wantin' for that powder blue cruise shirt?!? I think we could have a lot of fun with it aboard Caribbean Princess in June. Heck, I'm SURE my DH would want to wear it touring around Brooklyn before we embark out of Red Hook....:D

Thanks for reminding me about that whole Princess shirt thing. As I referenced in my “review” - who names a cruise line “Princess?” Two words come to mind – Red Baron. If “Princess” were to change its name to Red Baron Cruise Line it would have greater cross-gender appeal. How cool would it be to come home and say, “I sailed the Mediterranean with the Red Baron!” They could have a really cool shirt that says “Red Baron” that no guy would be embarrassed to wear – even if it were powder blue.

Ships could be renamed after aircraft from that era, like – Spad, Gotha, Sopwith Camel, or Fokker. Well, maybe not the last one. Even cooler, would be to say “I was on the Red Baron’s Sopwith Camel!” And have the Polo shirt to prove it!

Anyway, SailorJill says the powder blue shirt was a gift and that I can’t sell it. I have it hanging it the back of my closet along with my $30 2016 Olimpic T-Shirt.

P.S. to Chamima: Nice thought about the book, but I can't afford to take enough cruises to get the material for a book!:)

SailorJack - Marketing Mind Extraordinaire! For your next roll call you need to be in charge of group T-shirts....

I am wiping away the tears of laughter after reading your ideas on ship names. Just think of the Spring Break shirts that could come off a ship named Fokker...even if Princess doesn't get around to changing its name to the Red Baron. By the way, Fokker is still manufacturing amazing airplanes.

My DH is simply beside himself that the powder blue, pink trimmed PRINCESS shirt isn't for sale (not!) Hang onto it, SailorJill - it's destined to become an icon! Thanks again for the absolute, best review I've read on these boards.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about your road trip...I have had a few of those myself:eek:

No Part II coming. The stuff I had to delete had to do mostly with the Star - like the International Cafe. The worst part of my cruise was finding out about the cookies after I had been on the ship for three days. I lost three days of eating those warm from-the-oven concoctions!

If (when!) I sail the Star again I can write about those things all over again.

PS. Anybody know if the Star has a sister ship - one with the same basic configuration?

PSS to LovetheSea - enjoy your cruise on the Sapphire. And I didn't steal my screen name from your father...honest!;)

OK, no Part II.:( Have you decided on your next cruise? Still looking at the Jewel TA?

Thanks again.

Great review, never laughed so much at a cruise review. I should point out that although Grand, Star, and Golden are sisters Grand has a slightly different layout than the other 2.

Archived