Independance in Europe March 2011

I was wondering how this ship would be in March for a cruise in Europe.

Mostly is there a covered pool for the kids to swim in.

Our kids have been on many cruises but it is usually warm.

Thanks for the info

I was wondering how this ship would be in March for a cruise in Europe.

Mostly is there a covered pool for the kids to swim in.

Our kids have been on many cruises but it is usually warm.

Thanks for the info

Warm weather is possible in Europe in March but it really depends on where abouts in Europe. As Independence goes to the Canaries in March I presume you mean there? Typically it's in the early 70's at that time of the year but the weather in Southampton at the beginning of your cruise will be a different story - your guess is as good as mine and I live here! Expect anything from snow, rain, hail stones and sleet to warm and sunny. I'd try to go as late as you possibly can go in March - the Bay of Biscay can get a little rough. I'm not sure if children are allowed in the solarium but on Independence of the Seas the outdoor pools are heated.

Warm weather is possible in Europe in March but it really depends on where abouts in Europe. As Independence goes to the Canaries in March I presume you mean there? Typically it's in the early 70's at that time of the year but the weather in Southampton at the beginning of your cruise will be a different story - your guess is as good as mine and I live here! Expect anything from snow, rain, hail stones and sleet to warm and sunny. I'd try to go as late as you possibly can go in March - the Bay of Biscay can get a little rough. I'm not sure if children are allowed in the solarium but on Independence of the Seas the outdoor pools are heated.

No children allowed in the Solarium pool or hot tubs.....

when we sailed out of southampton in nov the pools were heated, our DD was actually running round the H20 zone like crazy as they were all so warm whilst we were the only ones on deck with our coats on freezing, people were laughing at us like crazy! We've booked for march 25 and are thinking a ??? day leaving and returning to southampton but ar ehoping for decent weathr the rest of the time, in any case the pool are normally all heated in Europe, even when we went on IOS in aug they were!

Europe is a big place. Canary Islands are technically Europe, but they are located very close to Africa, it stays warm there all the time. UK is wet and cold most of the time at least by my southern France standards. But even in France/Spain/Italy, it won't be warm enough to hang around a cruise ship pool for very long. By June the odds are better, but if you want great weather you have to cruise Europe in July/August.

Archived