Visa Points Redemption Question

We are planning to use 50,000 points from our RCI Visa card to save $500 on our upcoming cruise in October. Do I just request the certificate 4-6 weeks prior to final payment and then send it to RCI at final payment time with the balance of my bill?

I used the same certificate and wanted to get it in before final payment so the discount was already applied.

I am not positive but if you do not do this before final payment, then you need to pay in full and wait for a refund of the certificate amount....as the total must be paid on final payment day.

I just did this a few weeks ago for our cruise in June. It took about a week to receive the certifcate in the mail, I then called RC and gave them the certificate number. The rep said it would take about 2 weeks after they received it in the mail for it to show up on my account; however, it was credited about a week after I mailed it. It was a very easy process. I like doing it before my final payment rather than have it credited back to me.

Sherri:)

We are planning to use 50,000 points from our RCI Visa card to save $500 on our upcoming cruise in October. Do I just request the certificate 4-6 weeks prior to final payment and then send it to RCI at final payment time with the balance of my bill?

We just redeemed some of our points for OBC. It took about 2 weeks for the certificates to get to me, then I called the number on the certificate (or letter) and gave them the certificate numbers. The woman that I talked to strongly suggested that I send the certificate "return receipt" just incase anything happened (and yes make copies of the certificates front and back) it took them another two weeks to post it to my account.

With all this said, you might want to do this several weeks before your final payment just to make sure everything hits within a timely manner.

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses! :)

Now...I have another question.....while we are onboard the Liberty this fall, we are planning on booking the Majesty for next spring so that we can get some OBC because we'll be booking it while onboard. We'll have another 50,000 points that we want to use for the free 4 nighter on the Majesty. Do I tell them that I want to use my Visa points to get the free cruise, or do I just book it like I'd book any other cruise and then send in the certificate later?

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses! :)

Now...I have another question.....while we are onboard the Liberty this fall, we are planning on booking the Majesty for next spring so that we can get some OBC because we'll be booking it while onboard. We'll have another 50,000 points that we want to use for the free 4 nighter on the Majesty. Do I tell them that I want to use my Visa points to get the free cruise, or do I just book it like I'd book any other cruise and then send in the certificate later?

You would book and then send in the certificate. :D

I just redeemed a certificate and it took just under 3 weeks, from requesting the certificate, mailing it in and Royal Caribbean applying it.

When I called and requested the certificate, I asked them to give me the certificate numbers. After getting the numbers, I called C & A, I gave them the certificate numbers and they applied the credit the next day.

They did ask that I still mail the certificates to them.

I just recently did this too. It took a little over 2 weeks for me to get the certificates. I called C&A to give them the certificate numbers once I got them, but they wouldn't take the numbers from me and insisted I had to mail them in. So I made photocopies, and mailed return-receipt-requested, and it again took a little over 2 weeks for my account to be credited. I would advise you send in your certificates in good time so that they are applied before your final payment date.

If I book this "freebie" cruise while I'm onboard another cruise this fall, I should still be able to get the OBC, right?

Yes, you can use your certificate and the OBC for future booking.

Sherri:)

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently started using the RCI Visa card, and hope to get to the 75,000 mark to use toward a European cruise. I have a couple of questions about the reward at that level. It states that 75,000 points upgrades you from a balcony stateroom to a junior suite on a 7 day European cruise. What would happen if you had a 10 or 12 day cruise in mind? Of course, a 7 day would be nice for adding a couple of days on either end of the cruise on land, but I just wonder how that would be handled if indeed the cruise planned was not a 7 day.

Also, aren't balcony staterooms priced at several levels? Which price would you go by? What I would like to do for a trip like that would be to be able to choose my own JS. If I put down a deposit on a JS, could I use this upgrade, or would I have to have reserved a balcony and then upgrade when I redeemed points?

Should I send a copy of my booking confirmation with the certificate or just send the certificate on its own?

Thanks

Just the certificate is fine...on the back of it is a form you will fill out that has all that information...

I've sent in two certificates worth $200 in OBC and should have another $200 from my travel agent. Does this show up on the RCCL site anywhere or do we have to wait until we get on the cruise (in June) to see that it was applied?

I've recently started using the RCI Visa card, and hope to get to the 75,000 mark to use toward a European cruise. I have a couple of questions about the reward at that level. It states that 75,000 points upgrades you from a balcony stateroom to a junior suite on a 7 day European cruise. What would happen if you had a 10 or 12 day cruise in mind? Of course, a 7 day would be nice for adding a couple of days on either end of the cruise on land, but I just wonder how that would be handled if indeed the cruise planned was not a 7 day.

Also, aren't balcony staterooms priced at several levels? Which price would you go by? What I would like to do for a trip like that would be to be able to choose my own JS. If I put down a deposit on a JS, could I use this upgrade, or would I have to have reserved a balcony and then upgrade when I redeemed points?

I'm bumping my own question here, since a couple people replied to an older message after I posted this. If anyone knows the answers, I would much appreciate it.

If I want to use my points to get an OBC, do I need to redeem the points prior to my final cruise payment? Or just a few weeks before the cruise? I'd like to wait as long as possible so I can get the highest amount of OBC. Thanks.

If I want to use my points to get an OBC, do I need to redeem the points prior to my final cruise payment? Or just a few weeks before the cruise? I'd like to wait as long as possible so I can get the highest amount of OBC. Thanks.

It can be after final but keep in mind you need time (2-4 weeks they say) to get the certificate from BOA and then time to send it into Royal Caribbean in Kansas. I would start the process 6 weeks before departure at the latest.

I'm bumping my own question here, since a couple people replied to an older message after I posted this. If anyone knows the answers, I would much appreciate it.

I have never seen this question before.

I would call the Royal Caribbean desk where they apply the coupons and ask them. The number for RCI Points Redemption is 1-888-305-4626.

It can be after final but keep in mind you need time (2-4 weeks they say) to get the certificate from BOA and then time to send it into Royal Caribbean in Kansas. I would start the process 6 weeks before departure at the latest.

Thanks so much!

I have never seen this question before.

I would call the Royal Caribbean desk where they apply the coupons and ask them. The number for RCI Points Redemption is 1-888-305-4626.

Thanks. I suspected that I was asking a pretty specific question - but people here know lots of details!!

Thanks so much!

Also keep in mind that you probably have to come to the end of your billing statement period and pay in full before they will issue you the latest points, so this may influence your time frame. For ex. my final is 60 days out but I paid the bulk prior to that so my points would be on my next statement.

Also keep in mind that you probably have to come to the end of your billing statement period and pay in full before they will issue you the latest points, so this may influence your time frame. For ex. my final is 60 days out but I paid the bulk prior to that so my points would be on my next statement.

Great, thanks. I would not have realized that :)

Archived