Questions about cruising with Carnival

bonnie voyage

We have sailed primarily with NCL and have been very happy with the line. However we are very interested in cruising the Medeterranean (sp) in 2011, but are not crazy about the prices on NCL's new ship the Epic. Princess is a no go for us because of the itineraries.

We have been looking at the Carnival Magic's 9 day cruise out of Barcelona and the ports really look great. And, we will enjoy our trip regardless of the line, but we do have some questions for any of you who are willing to share your knowledge and experience with us:

How many formal nights would there be on a 9 day cruise?

If we choose not to wear formal, must we eat at the buffet or will we be allowed in the dining room in casual attire?

Our preference is anytime dining and it looks like Carnival offers that, correct?

Are the tips charged to your onboard account?

What's the best thing about sailing carnival?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

there will be 2 'elegant' nights... carnival relaxed the 'formal night' guidelines and such some time ago... less 'formal' now...

If we choose not to wear formal, must we eat at the buffet or will we be allowed in the dining room in casual attire?

don't get too thrown off by formal / elegant, the guidelines really aren't that much... check it out:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

for the required khakis / collared shirt or casual dress, as an example, i'd never skip mdr for buffet!

Our preference is anytime dining and it looks like Carnival offers that, correct?

yup, they've been rolling it out for about a year - it's on most ships though not all... it's safe to assume that magic will debut with it implemented.

yes, they are. 10/pp per day

everything! i'm very comfortable on carnival, and can always find something to do - they offer lots of options as far as activities and entertainment are concerned

no problem, enjoy your cruise! :D

We have sailed primarily with NCL and have been very happy with the line. However we are very interested in cruising the Medeterranean (sp) in 2011, but are not crazy about the prices on NCL's new ship the Epic. Princess is a no go for us because of the itineraries.

We have been looking at the Carnival Magic's 9 day cruise out of Barcelona and the ports really look great. And, we will enjoy our trip regardless of the line, but we do have some questions for any of you who are willing to share your knowledge and experience with us:

You will have 2 formal nights on a 9 day.

Formal does not have to mean black tie and a long dress....guys can get by with a dress shirt and dress pants....ladies can get by with a nice blouse and slacks. Basically, Elegant night just means no jean or shorts.

Yes

Yes

Value for your cruise dollar.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.....

Also note.... the Magic has SPA cabins that give you unlimited access to the Cloud 9 Spa area with the thalassotherapy pool, special saunas and relaxation rooms...if that is something you might be interested in.

These Spa cabins are nonsmoking in the cabin and on the balconies.

There is also the regular Spa and gym like on other other ships.

Looks like all your questions were answered. Formal is now elegant, so find a dress, even a casual dress?? and throw it in and nice pants and shirt for hubby and you are set. You can get as dressed up as you like, but I wouldnt go in totally casual. I dont think they will let you in, in shorts or jeans.

I can answer three of your questions; Carnival does offer anytime dining, tips are charged to the onboard account (you may also have them taken off if you feel so inclined) and the thing I like best about Carnival is the variety....variety of things to do, variety of people, etc, The service is also good...but I think that is determined by the crew and not necessarily by the cruise line. The rooms are larger than other cruiselines, entertainment is good and again there is variety Although Carnival is not My favorite line (my favorite line went bankrupt years ago) They definily rank close to if not the top!

Andy

Archived