does cunard do back to back TA cruises from Southampton

granny red

Do Cunard do TAs to New York and back without having to disembark in the USA?

Yes - but you will always have to get off the ship for immigration, even if you do not wish to visit NYC. But the ship leaves for home the same day, which is what I guess you mean.

Do Cunard do TAs to New York and back without having to disembark in the USA?

They do crossings that turn around in NY and had back to Southampton, I am not sure about customs etc in NY but I am sure there will be many here who have done it.

Thanks to all for replies. My daughters parents in-law wish to travel on the QM2 to the USA but as one of them is disabled they just want to go there to see the Statue of Liberty and then come back. Expensive way of doing it I know,but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!

Although you may have to walk off the ship in New York to clear Immigration, you will not have to pack your bag, and go with every one else as though disembarking.and you will be allowed back on the ship when finished. I have been told it is very easy.

Even when doing NY/S'ton/NY you still have to clear immigration for UK, though it is true this is often done on the ship the day before arrival in S'ton.

Have fun

You have to complete the ESTA form online and then fill in the usual immigration and customs forms as you leave the ship. You can go to New York City if you wish or sit for an hour or so in the terminal before you are allowed back on board.

Jimsgirl & Capn Pugwash thank you for your helpful info, I will pass it on.!

Granny Red may I suggest that your relations take a car tour around the city. I have used Arecibo Cars (718) 783-6465 www.arecibocc.com several times and the normally charge around $15 for a three hour tour.The driver will take you to all the sights and wait or just hang around. Call them on the morning and they will pick up within 15 minutes.

Granny Red may I suggest that your relations take a car tour around the city. I have used Arecibo Cars (718) 783-6465 www.arecibocc.com several times and the normally charge around $15 for a three hour tour.The driver will take you to all the sights and wait or just hang around. Call them on the morning and they will pick up within 15 minutes.

Thats a great suggestion, thanks. At least that way they will see something of the city after going all that way. I wish I had done that myself instead of getting yellow cabs everywhere, cost me a small fortune.!

The tour sounds like a great idea and a good way to see the highlights of NYC in a short period of time but $15 for a 3 hour tour??? Did you possible mean $150?

Cunard also has tours of NYC which you can sign up for. The value is that you are first off the ship, onto the buses, do your tour and are delivered back in time to depart. They won't leave with out you that way and they are reasonably priced.

Check Cunard.com, destinations, USA and Canada, New York City and shore excursions. If your going to NYC, might as well have a quick look at it. Some offer free time for lunch or shopping.

Cheers Mike

Cunard also has tours of NYC which you can sign up for. The value is that you are first off the ship, onto the buses, do your tour and are delivered back in time to depart. They won't leave with out you that way and they are reasonably priced.

Check Cunard.com, destinations, USA and Canada, New York City and shore excursions. If your going to NYC, might as well have a quick look at it. Some offer free time for lunch or shopping.

Cheers Mike

Mike, you are quite right about the timing but I always think that the last thing people want is to be off the ship at 8am and dumped outside Macy's 90 minutes before they open. Admittedly the return to the ship on time is important but if you are only driving around out there for a couple of hours, you are pretty safe to catch the ship. And you can stroll/roll off around 10am.

Archived